FFX- A New Era In Tigerland

OffCutters

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Buckley New Coach of Richmond

afl09.jpg

richmond_logo_lge.jpg

Nathan-Buckley424-424x283.jpg

Former Collingwood legend Nathan Buckley has been signed as the new coach of the Richmond Football Club, replacing Terry Wallace. Nathan Buckley will be looking to lead the Tigers to September Glory. The Richmond Football club finished the 2009 season, at 9th place, just missing out on the finals, so close yet so far you could say. Nathan Buckley is very confident in leading the club to September, lets see what he`s got to say.

Reporter: G`day Bucks, so, new coach of the Richmond Football Club, how do you feel about that, mate?

Buckley: I`m feeling very confident about being the coach mate. Obviously this will be my first year of coaching and I`m lacking in AFL coaching experience but I`ll improve as i get on.

Reporter: What are your goals for the 2009 season?

Buckley: Making the finals series, and when we do, hopefully winning on that special one day in September. It`s as simple as that mate.

Reporter: Now, you have many veterans in your side like Richo, Bowden, Simmonds and thats just to name some, what are you going to do about that?

Buckley: Well, i havent got an answer to that at the moment, i will think about that later on the season, but they will definitely play this season.

Reporter: How do you feel about the bunch of new kids this year?

Buckley: Yeah we have got new kids who have alot of talent and potential, including Tyrone Vickery, who is a ruckman but can play up forward as well, he could be the player who replaces Troy Simmonds when he retires.

Reporter: Well mate, thanks for talking to us and all the best for your first coaching season, and good luck to the Tiges.

Buckley: Cheers mate.

richmond_logo_lge.jpg

Richmond Tigers 2009 Senior List

2. Will Thursfield
3. Brett Deledio
4. Andrew Raines
5. Troy Simmonds
6. Graham Polak
7. Nathan Brown
8. Jack Riewoldt
9. Trent Cotchin
10. Shane Edwards
11. Joel Bowden
12. Matthew Richardson
13. Jordan McMahon
14. Dean Polo
15. Kayne Pettifer
16. Luke McGuane
17. Chris Newman
18. Alex Rance
19. Dean Putt
20. Mitch Morton
21. Shane Tuck
22. Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls
23. Daniel Jackson
24. Mark Coughlan
25. Jay Schulz
26. Adam Pattison
27. Tom Hislop
28. Kane Johnson
29. Tyrone Vickery
30. Richard Tambling
31. Adam Thomson
34. Cleve Hughes
35. Matthew White
36. Jarrod Silvestor
39. Daniel Connors
40. Kelvin Moore
41. Nathan Foley
42. Andrew Collins
44. Angus Graham
46. Jake King

Richmond Tigers 2009 Additions List​

Thomson, Adam – Exchanged from Port Adelaide
Vickery, Tyrone - Pick 8
Post, Jaydyn - Pick 26
Hislop, Tom - Pick 58​

Coach: Nathan Buckley( replacing Terry Wallace)

Captain: Chris Newman

Vice-Captain: Nathan Foley​

Last edited:
Cousins: Dont bag about what i do best, I think ice-skating for Disney is one of the manliest things i`ve ever done. Wait, not including the drug bit. :p

It's a good start and all, OffCutters, and nice writing, but don't you think you should stick to one story? I'm not talking about the AFL Coaching one, as that is more of a game thread, but you only made a couple of posts in the Brisbane Lions thread as well instead of finishing it.

Hope to see this one go on a bit longer.. keep it up mate.

Yeah I know mate, i was actually thinking about the same thing, i didnt finish the Brisbane one because i was sort of rushing it and then because of that got bored of it. But i`m taking this slowly and will most probably finish the season. But yeah thanks for the comments mate, appreciate it.

It's a good start and all, OffCutters, and nice writing, but don't you think you should stick to one story? I'm not talking about the AFL Coaching one, as that is more of a game thread, but you only made a couple of posts in the Brisbane Lions thread as well instead of finishing it.

Hope to see this one go on a bit longer.. keep it up mate.
Don't talk to OFFCutters about one story! Tell that to R50! I think during all my time at PC here, he has started MILLIONS of different story threads with not many lasting more then 1 week.
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/search.php?searchid=1313127

nabcuplogo.jpg

NAB CUP WEEK 1 FIXTURE​

1 Collingwood v West Coast Eagles Subiaco 7 February

2 Western Bulldogs v Essendon Telstra Dome 13 February

3 Brisbane Lions Vs St Kilda Gold Coast Stadium 14 February

4 Fremantle Vs Richmond Subiaco 15 February

5 Carlton v North Melbourne Telstra Dome 20 February

6 Hawthorn Vs Melbourne Aurora Stadium 21 February

7 Geelong Cats Vs Adelaide Telstra Dome 21 February

8 Sydney Swans Vs Port Adelaide Manuka Oval 22 February​
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

richmond_logo_lge.jpg

V

thumb.jpg

nabcuplogo.jpg

The Richmond Tigers and new coach Nathan Buckley will look to start their 2009 pre-season campaign in a good way. They face the Fremantle Dockers at the MCG. A small crowd is expected to come as it is only the Pre-Season cup. Surprisingly, The Dockers are favourites for this match, with the odds $1.70 for them and $2.00 for the Tigers. That is quite strange as the Tigers just missed out on the finals last year, finishing at 9th spot whilst the Dockers finished their season sitting at 14th on the ladder.

Players to watch for the Tigers

Ben-Cousins1a.jpg

(Ben Cousins training at Punt Rd Oval)

Ben Cousins will be making his debut for the Richmond Tigers against the Dockers. He hasnt played Senior Football for about a year, due to suspension for drug-usage. It will be very interesting to see how he goes in the match. He was training very well and hard, according to new coach Nathan Buckley.

majtyronevickery8_gallery__270x400.jpg

( Tyrone Vickery in his Richmond uniform)

Tyrone Vickery will also be making his unofficial debut for the Richmond Tigers against the Dockers. He was picked up by the Tigers at number 8 at the 2008 AFL Draft. He is a ruckman but can also play up forward as well. Coach Nathan Buckley will be looking to swap him and Troy Simmonds at the ruck and forward line.

NAB Cup Week 1 Richmond V Dockers Line-up

B-Schulz-Bowden-McGuane
F-Headland-Pavlich(C)-Tarrant

HB- Jackson-Newman (C)- Coughlan
HF-Gilmore-Bradley-Peake

C-Foley-Cotchin-Deledio
C-Ibbotson-Palmer-Dunn

HF-Brown-Pettifer-Tambling
HB-Hill-McPharlin-Solomon

F-Cousins-Richardson-Morton
B-Mundy-Johnson-Dunn

R-Simmonds-Johnson-Tuck
R-Sandilands-Crowley-Schammer

Int-Riewoldt-Vickery-Thursfield-Oakley-Nicholls
Int- Hasleby-Thornton-Duffield-Murphy

Does anyone know how to get rid of the doublepost merge thing?

Last edited:
nabcuplogo.jpg

richmond_logo_lge.jpg

1st Quarter

Well, the first quarter just finished, and the Dockers are looking very promising,leading by 10 points at the break. Especially skipper, Matthew Pavlich, how many times can you say that he is on fire? He has 9 touches and 4 majors, this is just vintage Pavlich you`ve got to say. But Richmond are not to be overlooked- their skipper, Chris Newman has a staggering amount of disposals- 15. That is just exceptional from one quarter, he needs to keep that up and he will be a huge help for the Tigers. You could say that it is the Battle of the Captains, with Pavlich and Newman very much in form and currently on fire. I have been very much impressed with the Tiger`s new recruit, the ruckman Tyrone Vickery. He has 5 disposals in his belt an he is actually dominating in the ruck against the best ruckman in the league, Aaron Sandilands. Vickery`s 5 disposals to Sandiland's 2, is just impressive of the young recruit. Now alot of talk has been going on about this man, Ben Cousins. He is having a typical Cousins quarter you have to say. He has 7 touches and 3 marks at the moment, so well done to Cousins for a good 1st quarter and lets hope he doesnt blow another chance at AFL footy. Well, thats the siren as we prepare ourselves for the 2nd quarter of Richmond v Fremantle at the MCG.​

Richmond Goals: N.Brown-1, M.Richardson-1

Richmond Best: C.Newman, N.Brown, M.Richardson, L.McGuane, J.Bowden, B.Cousins

Richmond Top Disposals: C.Newman-15, N.Brown-9,J.Bowden-9,L.McGuane-9,M.Richardson-8​

Fremantle Goals: M.Pavlich-4

Fremantle Best: M.Pavlich, K.Bradley, M.Drum, M.Johnson, L.McPharlin, D.Gilmore

Fremantle Top Disposals: M.Pavlich-9, M.Drum-6, M.Johnson-6, K.Bradley-6, D.Gilmore-5, L.McPharlin-4

RICHMOND:18
FREMANTLE: 28​

2nd Quarter

Well, guys, things arent looking good at half-time for Tiger fans. No goals were scored by the Tigers and a single point was scored for the whole quarter. The Dockers has extended their lead of 10 points to 44 points. The game could well be over by now, honestly.But the Battle of the Captains continues, as Newman and Pavlich are just having blinders. Newman now has an amazing 27 disposals under his belt at half-time, if he continues to play like this, he could very much be a Brownlow Contender. and Pavlich has 15 touches and 6 goals at half-time, well done to Pav, he is proving to people that he is one of the best forwards in the competition. Young Vickery didnt continue his good form at the 2nd quarter. He only had 1 disposal in the 2nd quarter, he will have to improve. But you`ve got to say its a tough job playing against someone like Sandilands so I wont be too harsh on him. But Cousins is having a very good game, grabbing 14 possessions so far. Well its the well-deserved half-time break for the Dockers but maybe not so much for the Tigers, and we will see you, at the other side of the break when the ball will be bounced for the second half.​

Richmond Goals: N.Brown-1, M.Richardson-1

Richmond Best: C.Newman, N.Brown, J.Bowden, L.McGuane, B.Cousins, M.Richardson

Richmond Top Disposals: C.Newman-27,J.Bowden-16,N.Brown-14,L.McGuane-14,B.Cousins-14

Fremantle Goals: M.Pavlich-6, B.Peake-1,C.Tarrant-1,K.Bradley-1

Fremantle Best: M.Pavlich,K.Bradley,M.Drum,B.Peake,R.Crowley,C.Tarrant

Fremantle Top Disposals: K.Bradley-17, M.Pavlich-15, M.Drum-14,C.Tarrant-10,D.Gilmore-10

RICHMOND: 19
FREMANTLE: 64​

Last edited:
post one hour after you made the post before and just say you added something 35 minutes later. you have to wait another hour before you can make a post withour merging.

well check my CM08 story. im updating it like every day and i've only had like 2 posts that aren't mine.

Users who are viewing this thread