Field placings

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi all,

i'm sure we did this previously, but i cannot fins the thread now, even hunting back through all past threads?? What i need is a set of common field placings for different scenarios - eg. starting field for test match and ODI, attacking, defensive fields, fields inside over restrictions, and outside restrictions etc.

Would be great if they could be diagramatical - maybe even whip up some quick thing in MSpaint even!! But i need this info as im now up to reading in field settings so i can load fielders.

If not diagramatical, then maybe just list names of the positions e.g.

Field 1 - defensive - 3rd man, deep fine leg, silly mid on, mid off, etc.

Any help would be much appreciated

cheers all,

LM

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
To help people do diagrams here is the fielding oval I use for Cricket 07 overlays.

And to help LM here are some fields from me:
Aggressive:

Attacking:

Defensive:

For a Spinner:

And a mix of attacking and defensive:

These probably aren't that good, so someone else, do better, it will help TAOC

Edit: LM here are the threads you might have been talking about:
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19400
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20735
Please don't bump these threads, if you want to add something to them write it here.

Last edited:

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
A good OD field at the start of the innings would have:

Third Man
Point/Cover Point/Backward Point
Gully
1st Slip
Cover
Mid-off
Mid-on
Square leg
Fine-leg

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Sorry, going nets at 10:00 (GMT which is in one and half hours) and still got to have breakfast, have a shower, and the like.

I missed that list probably because I am tired and don't have my glasses on :D.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
manee said:
Sorry, going nets at 10:00 (GMT which is in one and half hours) and still got to have breakfast, have a shower, and the like.

I missed that list probably because I am tired and don't have my glasses on :D.
I'll do it then :cheers

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
manee said:
OK, reps for you.
You didn't need to do that, but now that you have, thanks :)

The list of all the fields in that thread is attached. It is very incomplete, especially fields for spinners and fields that aren't aggressive or defensive.

Attachments

• fielding.txt
    3.2 KB · Views: 27

rickyp

International Coach
lm, just a suggestion, maybe make it so you can just make your own fields, and unlimited amounts of them unlike the 5 in EA. Also, it would be great if you could rename them. Easy editing would be needed too, EA's editing is very.... odd...

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
That's not such a bad idea. :cool:

I think there should just be some default one's and that all fields should be editable, since most of Cricket 07's one are quite horrible and would be better if we could edit them.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Editing and customisation is a huge part of what TAOC is about, the limits EA put in place are mostly because they make one game and then build it for PS2, Xbox and PC, with TAOC only doing PC, we have a mouse, which means selecting fields and save games is much easier, which means there isn't a need to put limits on the number of custom fields.

As for moving the players on the field, we again have the mouse advantage, LM could just implement moving fielders into the graphical part of the game, as in clicking on and dragging players to the position you want. With controllers the same could be done with the analogue sticks.

cricketer112

Club Cricketer
Heres a very attacking field - i know matt did one, but i knocked it up quick so i could preview it in the thread. Dont know why it went all blury - it looked fine in paint.

the field consists of
Keeper
4 slips and 2 gullys
drive man or extra cover
short leg
fine leg

Heres an offside field - thought i would add something more unusual - this is the sort of field where bowling is outside off stump with a packed offside field and only one man on the leg side

the field consists of
Keeper (blue dot)
3 slips and one gully
third man
sweeper on the offside
drive man or short extra
mid off
more square than normal fine leg

Defensive - Peterson or Flintof sort of field - with boundary men on the pull.

field:-

2 slips
gully
sweeper offside
extra cover on circle edge
wide mid on circle edge
fine leg
deep square
deep mid wicket

Attcking field with close man on the leg flick in the air (like a ponting or a hayden field early in the innings)this field is used for people like ponting or hayden who go at it hard down the ground and have good drive abillity but have a vulnerability to edge thick to gully - hence gully+point there could be 2 or more versions of this field as the mid off can come up to a drive man so you have 2 on each side, or both can go back or a mixture.

field (can be mixed like stated - but here is 1 version):-

3 Slips
1 gully
1 point
mid off on circle for well timed drive
short mid on for flick off the pads (possibly in air) through mid wicket/mid on
square leg
fine leg

Attacking new ball field. (to be used on players like Langer or strauss who hit through gully/3rd man.

field:-

3 slips (1st 2nd and 4th)
gully
point
short extra cover
short leg
mid on or mid off
fine leg (can be 3rd man too)

will add more when i think of them.

hope these help LM - i didnt want to just do conventional ones, these are usually fields that certain players have set or when the bowling side are trying out batsmans weaknesses, hopefully - with the stats implementation you have with values out of 100 for every batsman we can work on a batsmans weakness if we are bowling to him and hence fields similar to these will be very useful e.g.if say you have a batsman with vulnerability to the cut shot who edges through gully then my last field will be of interest to the bowling side :cheers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread