FOOTBALL Fifa 12 - console and PC!

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Wow. What a rip-off it is in that case! And as I said before, unlike a disc released tournament game, it's not going to have any special atmosphere either.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
About 5 years ago or so I felt EA had done a lot to get rid of their image as one of the worst publishers in the business. However over the last year or two they've been absolutely appalling in regards to very blatantly making their customers feel like nothing more than statistics.

Even their press releases just sound detached from the real world.

Still, as you said, clearly won't even be anything interesting in regards to the crowd and atmosphere. This is very much ?15 for a custom tournament you could basically set up yourself.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Annoyingly people can vote with their wallets by just not buying it, but nope, people are idiots and they'll hand over their cash and EA will continue to rip off the consumer because the numbers say they can.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I doubt I'll bother with this - especially if a lot of the teams aren't even licenced! Might pick it up later on if it falls down in price just to grab a few extra teams/stadiums.

JD10

International Cricketer

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Pretty bad, though I may find it fun when Euro 2012 is on.

Forgot how sluggish the gameplay is in non Ultimate Team.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I've been always wondering that they should try be a referee where you ref different games each week and you star from League 2 and work to the world cup. With how good you do you get accomplishments like Virtual pro and etc. I reckon it wouldn't be a bad idea to be honest.

Fair enough - but not to the detriment of improvements to Career Mode for example. I wouldn't mind 'Be a Ref', as long as it didn't take up time that could be spent on other improvements - it would be a bit of a laugh. But how would it work? It's easy to see how it'll work on the pitch, but what about off the pitch? We'd need ratings for referees and so on, otherwise you could just throw around cards like confetti.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Nail. On. Head. Work on making the career mode awesome, then add pointless game modes in.

JD10

International Cricketer
Fair enough - but not to the detriment of improvements to Career Mode for example. I wouldn't mind 'Be a Ref', as long as it didn't take up time that could be spent on other improvements - it would be a bit of a laugh. But how would it work? It's easy to see how it'll work on the pitch, but what about off the pitch? We'd need ratings for referees and so on, otherwise you could just throw around cards like confetti.

Yeah there obviously would be ratings so it would stop people messing on it. Also buttons like A to call a foul etc. I reckon it would be good personally

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Ultimate Team needs and will get the most attention. I would take a punt and say it is the most played mode, it's also the most unique for EA, and also with the ability to buy packs, it makes EA a lot of money.

Seriously Career Mode is like PS2:p.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
That's what annoys me. Is that instead of making their career mode immensely good, they instead focus their attention on things like Ultimate Team because it can bring in even more revenue. Pretty typical EA though.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
That's what annoys me. Is that instead of making their career mode immensely good, they instead focus their attention on things like Ultimate Team because it can bring in even more revenue. Pretty typical EA though.

Plus the UT revenue is likely to be a very small fraction of the revenue earned from sales.

UT is a brilliant mode though, take a look, much more popular than career mode. Shocked to see no-one plays it here.

Users who are viewing this thread