FOOTBALL Fifa 12 - console and PC!

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
You say it's much more popular, but I can guarantee career mode is played a ton more. Anyone without a decent internet connection or a desire to have their credit card details stolen if they're playing on a 360 won't be touching Ultimate Team :)

UT makes them a ton and they'll definitely keep working on modes like that at the expense of a fully rounded career mode (which is definitely as good as it's been to be fair).

Love my youth team striker I've worked on since he was promoted to my first team in the Championship for my Oxford side. Now 22 and he's an 81. Finishing 97, long shots 94, shot power 89... He doesn't miss ;)

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
You say it's much more popular, but I can guarantee career mode is played a ton more. Anyone without a decent internet connection or a desire to have their credit card details stolen if they're playing on a 360 won't be touching Ultimate Team :)

UT makes them a ton and they'll definitely keep working on modes like that at the expense of a fully rounded career mode (which is definitely as good as it's been to be fair).

Love my youth team striker I've worked on since he was promoted to my first team in the Championship for my Oxford side. Now 22 and he's an 81. Finishing 97, long shots 94, shot power 89... He doesn't miss ;)

You don't need to pay money for UT, and it's playable on the web as well.

It's like a different game, much smoother gameplay, worser players are actually extremelyy fun to use, and the trading is great fun. It's a completely unique mode for a football game.

You have to give it a proper go to like it, I only did for the trophies at first, then I realised how fun and addictive it was. I seriously hop they put most of their effort into UT.

UT always feels different every day, career mode is always the same day after day. I wouldn't ever touch FIFA or buy FIFA 13 if there was no UT.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Has anyone been given the manager's job at a club that's been taken over; are you granted access to preposterous amounts of money, or does the game simply not give the player such jobs?

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I've just seen the most hilarious thing I've ever seen in a Fifa game. Once I can get it uploaded, check it out. It's really funny. :D

And in other news, Norwich are in the FA Cup final vs Man Utd... interesting. :D

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What happened? Did the defender of other team headed your cross into his own goal :p Happened with me couple of days ago.

harrisb

International Coach
Has anyone been given the manager's job at a club that's been taken over; are you granted access to preposterous amounts of money, or does the game simply not give the player such jobs?

Yeah, my brother took Sunderland over about 3 years in to his CM. I think his budget was something like ?125m in the first season, and a wage budget of 800,000. Needless to say he signed Messi.

It's happened in a few other CM's that he's had as well, and he thinks that being offered a job at a taken over club may have something to do with the calibre of players that you sign at your old club, although i doubt EA would have actually worked it like this.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
What happened? Did the defender of other team headed your cross into his own goal :p Happened with me couple of days ago.

No, it was Impact Engine humour. Since the patch, I've seen less off the ball nonsense, but this one was really amusing. I once saw something that looked like Ric Flair's old finisher:

flair-figure4_1206122344.jpg

But this tops that. :D I'll try and get it uploaded; I had errors before. It was the funniest thing I've seen come out of the Impact Engine.

Lost the FA Cup. Man Utd were hardly in the game, but they grabbed an equaliser with virtually the last kick, and won it in Extra Time.

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
@Angry: Here it is. :D

Rooney and Suarez fight | EA SPORTS Soccer

To clear up the title: Man Utd had signed Suarez (yes). ;) I'm playing as Norwich City, this happened just before a goal kick. :)

Edit: Dunno why it says 'amateur' difficulty - I always play on Professional. Amateur is far too easy!!

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Weird stuff, eh? I've never seen anything like that one of yours. :) Still, overall, I think the IE is a good addition and this year's edition of Fifa should refine it further. :)

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
IE is atrocious. So distracting in online matches, as against human opponents you can't afford too many mistakes.

Not a bad addition, just poorly implemented atm as it is too buggy.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I can see why it would be much more of an annoyance online, but I am sure it will be further refined in the coming Fifa 13. Other things I want to see in that are, in no particular order:

1. Take a leaf out of Pro Evo's book when it comes to formations. You pick up a man, and move him exactly where you want - no need to save a new formation either. Perfect for when you want to cover that gap your CB has made by getting himself sent off.

2. Let's be able to put a price on our players? That's a big part of the fun of being a manager. I've got players that the game values at ?2m but I value at ?10m and I want to be able to put that price on them, or to simply say that they're not for sale!

3. International management. Come on, EA! (I know it won't happen though, especially now, not with Euro 12 coming up. I wouldn't pay what they're asking for Euro 12, but if it meant implementing International management into the main Fifa game, I'd happily pay it).

4. Make more of the 'talk to press' feature - and allow us to hold post match press conferences as well if we want to whine about offside decisions and the like.

5. Following on from that, and I'm getting bored saying this, but EA take a look at how Pro Evo handles offsides! They're completely unpredictable - you think you've scored, the commentator says so, the crowd celebrate, then up comes the flag...

6. Learn what is and what isn't an own goal! I've seen goals where the defender blatantly gets the last touch, yet it doesn't go down as an own goal.

7. Again, like Pro Evo, more life around the pitches! Let's have moving cameramen/policemen/etc.

8. If you make players who have just broken their legs walk off the pitch by themselves without so much as a couple of guys to help, I'm going to report you to the real Fifa. Stretchers please EA, where appropriate!

9. Following on from that, when a player is injured, don't immediately give us the exact nature of his injury. Make it vague like 'knee injury'. That way, we can talk about the player going for a scan after the match, and then comes the email with the really bad news. Just because a player leaves the pitch in agony doesn't always result in a long injury lay-off.

10. Proper FA/League/Euro draws (skippable, of course - for those who don't want to sit through them).

11. Injuries to goalkeepers. At the moment, the goalkeeper on the subs bench is just taking up valuable space.

12. Impact Engine to take into account impacts from the ball, goalposts, adboards and so on - along with refinements to the current system.

13. Make the crowd chants louder, and allow the flow of the match to affect the excellent custom chants feature - because at the moment, it doesn't.

14. If a team drops down to the Championship, let's see Championship shoulder patches - ditto if a team goes up to the Premiership. If a team wins the Premiership, they get the golden Premiership shoulder patch.

15. When the heck are you going to actually let us see exactly how much stoppage time is left?

16. Following on from that, aggregate scorelines need to be on the screen at all times, just below the main scoreboard.

17. Following on from that :D I don't know about you guys, but I hate this idea of three letters representing team names on the scoreboard. For those who want it, let's be able to see the whole team name up there, so we can remember who the heck we're playing when it's some obscure team.

18. Different levels of rain. Wet matches don't always make the pitch act like it's been waterlogged - sometimes (most of the time), it just slicks the pitch up a bit, making the ball 'skip' over the surface more.

19. Following on from that - dynamic lighting and weather in matches (although I've got a feeling that we're going to be stuck with this lighting/weather system until the new engine comes with the new consoles. And no, I don't mean snow, rain and sunshine in the same match, EA. ;)

20. Again, I'm getting bored saying this, but different celebrations should accompany different levels of importance when it comes to goals. Look at the City players celebrating after Aguero's accursed last minute goal - that's what we should see in similar situations in Fifa. At the same time, the odd goal in a 7-1 thrashing shouldn't have players leaping on each other.

21. Following on from that, if you haven't got the 'team celebrations' working properly, go back to the cutscene format - it's more exciting.

22. Following on from that :D let's have controllable trophy celebrations. If you want to run around the pitch with the cup, you can - for example - and there can be button press combinations for different 'moves' such as the whole team doing the 'Klinsmann' dive; or if you want the whole team to go after the manager armed with champagne. A system like that if correctly implemented, would bring an end to the boredom of seeing exactly the same cutscene whenever you win a trophy, regardless of what the trophy is.

23. Speaking of managers, let's see them on the sidelines. They don't have to have real faces - just have some sort of representation of the manager and his reactions down on the sidelines.

24. Once again, EA: have a look at how Pro Evo does it 'Virtual Pro' type stuff. Combine Pro Evo's BaL system with Fifa's massive content and you're on to a sure fire winner.

25. If we make a league in Creation Centre, for example the Conference, it should be fully implementable in Career mode. You should be able to be promoted from it, and face teams from it in the FA Cup. For me, Creation Centre has never worked properly - not once. All I get is errors about downloading user content and I've followed the instructions to the letter.

I'm sure I'll think of much more, but that's enough for now. :)

Last edited:

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
1. Agree totally. Pro Evo has the best set-up feature I've ever seen in a sports game. More flexibility in UT formations would be good too.

4. Would be awesome, I believe Pro Evo's BaL has a lot of this?

5. FIFA has the worst offsides I've ever seen, both the runs players make and the unrealistic calls themselves (e.g. offside from a goal kick or clearance). Plus, top players like Messi aren't going to stray offside every half second. Maybe at lower levels keep the current offsides, but not at the top.

6. Barely ever seen an own goal, mostly from overdribbling by defenders instead of clearing, and they lose control and put it into their own net.

7. Wouldn't mind stadia like they were in FIFA WC 2010 game.

8. Agree. Also get rid of injuries in UT as they shake them off after a half a minute anyway but you have to buy an injury card...

9-14. Agree.

15. There never seems a fixed amount, the stoppage time is never rigid. When 3 minutes are called sometimes it can drag on for 5-10 minutes, hence why unless it becomes like PES proper stoppage time will never happen.

17-19. Agree.

20. Make new celebrations too, sick of the same old.

22-23. Agree.

Following on from that:

24. Proper ball deflections. Sick of everyone whoring contain defending, but with no penalty other than a throw-in or corner. Make it so it'll still go into the goal if the angle is right, as that seems impossible now. People will actually learn to tackle.

25. A better free-kick system would be nice. The current one feels like the old penalty system, bring one in similar, but not the same as the current penalty system.

26. UT needs a host of improvements.

27. Much better crossing is needed, it's too automated at this stage and inaccurate as well. I want to be able to pick out a man in the middle even if I'm playing with a shorter player. You shouldn't have to play with Ibra to get good headers.

28. Make the conditions change more in career mode. Every season feels the same.

29. Make the gameplay in non-UT more like UT. It's far more sluggish than UT, way less exciting.

30. A more challenging passing system like in PES.

31. TURKISH LEAGUE!!! 100% needed, I want my Quaresma in UT. Some other leagues would be nice too. Maybe Ukranian and full Argentinian.

32. More Classic XIs. Loved the feature on PS2.

33. Better off the ball movement.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Yeah, speaking of Pro's BaL - once again, EA: have a look at how Pro Evo does it. Combine Pro Evo's BaL system with Fifa's massive content and you're on to a sure fire winner.

You mentioned not being able to get good headers with short players - I have player called Quintero who's about 5ft something - but he has one hell of a spring on him, as reflected in his jumping stats. He often outleaps taller players who can't jump as well.

Actually, I'm going to open a new thread so we can discuss Fifa 13 properly without hijacking this one too much. :)

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Wow, what a tie! Took Norwich to the San Siro in the Europa Leaguea and came out with a 2-1 over AC Milan! Job done? Not quite...

Back at Carrow Road and the Canaries are really putting up a fight, and after a real to and fro match, it comes down to penalties.

Norwich down one, and a young kid has to score to keep them in it - it's slinging it down and his shot hits one post, hits the other, hits the keeper and still doesn't go in! Had it been a dry match, that would've just crept over the line. Gutted! :lol

Users who are viewing this thread