FOOTBALL Fifa 14 PC & Consoles

Anish.

Panel of Selectors
fifa14-logo-300x176.jpg

EA has announced FIFA 14 will be released later this year.

The game has been confirmed for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC right now, but additional platforms will apparently be announced in the coming months. There's no word of a next-gen release right now, but this could all change.

A host of new features have made it into the game, which we recently got a chance to see.

Fifa 14 announced

Extensive Preview

More news probably tomorrow.

Screen Shots
-------------

fifa14careermodecentralglobalscoutingnetworktileactivewmjpg-5e978e_640w.jpg

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
If the screenshots really are of Fifa 14, then the graphics haven't changed at all. At least, on PS3/Xbox 360 they haven't.

Arguably the best group of players ever assembled in La Liga, FC Barcelona has possessed the ball over an estimated 67 percent during their games this season. That?s 10 per cent better than second-place, Real Madrid, and a big reason why Barca sits 16 points clear of their rivals with less than two months remaining in the season.

The development team at EA Canada has always recognized the intricacies of ball possession. In FIFA 14, franchise fans will dictate the tempo of a match with an all new gameplay feature: Protect the Ball.

That's wonderful, but EA remember there are many other playing styles out there besides Barcelona's! When are the different playing styles going to be modelled?
Pure Shot will let FIFA fans feel what it is like to connect with the perfect strike while a brand new ball physics system called Real Ball Physics will ensure the trajectory of the ball behaves as it would in real life. The combination of Pure Shot and Real Ball Physics will open the door for the most rewarding and varied shot selection in the FIFA franchise to date.

Pure Shot was developed to enable players to feel the same emotion of scoring great goals in FIFA 14 that your favorite striker does on Saturday mornings. The best goals are a combination of perfect timing, anticipation, and great positioning. Fans will be rewarded for all three in FIFA 14. Players now adjust their approach angle when the shot is started looking for a more suitable angle for hitting the ball. They also understand the phases of shooting and will adjust their stride and pace to hit the ball.

Too early to decide whether this moves the series forwards or is just another gimmick.

Teammate Intelligence

Better support from smarter teammates

Better decision-making delivers tighter, smarter marking and improved run tracking. Defenders recognize opportunities to provide support and win back possession. Attacking players have new ways to outsmart their opponents and break down tighter, more intelligent defenses by creating space for themselves, running along the backline and checking their pace.

As long as the defenders have some of this intelligence, I'd be happy. For me, the attacking intelligence in Fifa is in a very good place already.

Global Scouting Network

A game-changing way to play Career Mode

Experience the world of professional scouting as you search for talent around the world. Develop and refine your own scouting network. Evaluate footballers to uncover the attributes of players who could bolster your squad during the transfer windows. A new hub delivers easy navigation, fewer interruptions and live scouting reports.

Are we finally going to be able to compare our current squad players with potential players side by side?
FIFA 14 takes the next logical step ? you?ll now be able to move freely while sprinting with the ball at your feet. It?s correcting something that?s long been an accepted but archaic feature of football games: sprinting players are restricted to a measly turning circle of 22.5 degrees. Real-life players aren?t limited by this arbitrary value, however, and can twist and turn in a variety of ways, bamboozling defenders with mazy runs. To introduce this feature, and keep things realistic and more importantly fair, FIFA 14 is also introducing its players to the physical force of momentum.

OK, now that's got my attention. Does this mean an end to the somewhat 'floaty' running style we currently have?

This, I like:

fifa14careermodecentralglobalscoutingnetworktileactivewmjpg-5e978e_640w.jpg

Looks a lot less clunky for Career Mode. Hopefully this new look front end means an end to the awfully clunky and archaic squad/formation selection and editing screens.

Last edited:

Gurjot95

National Board President
This year I think PES will get ahead because of their new game engine they are building from scratch. Disappointed to see Fifa with their same engine even with the launch of new consoles. I was so excited to see their new game engine. Makes me wonder if it EA strategy to keep it same as long as they are getting money since we all know how much 'loyal' they are to their fans.

Yet to see a single feature that can convince me that it deserved a whole new game.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Think I might just return to PES this year, they at least listen more to their customers, and PES was quite good the previous year.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Again the same engine is being used.Who will pay so much to get their hands only on an updated version of something which they are playing since years.Hopefully,PES can produce something better.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
That's a vague scout report.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
This year I think PES will get ahead because of their new game engine they are building from scratch. Disappointed to see Fifa with their same engine even with the launch of new consoles. I was so excited to see their new game engine. Makes me wonder if it EA strategy to keep it same as long as they are getting money since we all know how much 'loyal' they are to their fans.

Yet to see a single feature that can convince me that it deserved a whole new game.

No way in hell is that what the game will look like if they do release on the new consoles. As yet, they haven't made a concrete announcement either way. Having said that, I'm more than a bit annoyed that the game appears to look exactly the same for the third game in a row...

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The same game engine ? Oh man ! :(

Looks like PES is producing a better game engine so I might return to it .

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I'll get it cause I skipped 13 and this will probably be the last one made specifically for the xbox 360/PS3 gen consoles. but none of the stuff they need to do is in, it's criminal the career mode is so rubbish.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
What they did for the release of the 360 and PS3 was make FIFA 06 for the old consoles, and release a new game called FIFA 06: Road To FIFA World Cup on the new consoles some months later. I don't think they'd get away with that for the new generation though. Also, FIFA 07 was the first to have an all-new engine for the new consoles.

Therefore, I expect to see the first FIFA game with an all-new engine for the Xbox and PS4 in September 2014, with a slight upgrade on the current engine used for FIFA World Cup 2014.

Users who are viewing this thread