BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Big Ant are making Lacrosse!

Here is an in-game screenshot of the early build - much like the early shots of Don Bradman Cricket 14, it is a work in progress:

lacrosse14screenshot600.jpg

PITTSBURGH, PA: Today, Crosse Studios in-conjunction with game developer, Big Ant, announced Lacrosse 14 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and the PC. Lacrosse 14 will be funded through a month long ?all-or-nothing? Kickstarter Campaign.

Kickstarter allows the fans to help fund Lacrosse 14 through pre-orders and/or having their name and face featured in the game. If enough people support Lacrosse 14, Crosse Studios and Big Ant will be able to deliver the highest-quality lacrosse video game ever created to Playstation 3, Xbox 360, and the PC for the Spring of 2014.

?This is what we have been waiting for,? said Carlo Sunseri, founder of Crosse Studio. ?Together, as a lacrosse community, we will create history by building a video game that captures the authenticity and realism of lacrosse like never before.?

Alongside this announcement, Crosse Studios is happy to reveal that they have partnered with game development studio Big Ant. Big Ant Studios, developer of Rugby League Live 2 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, specialize in the development of premium sports, character and racing content for all major console platforms including Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Big Ant Studios has a proud development record which includes the highly successful and critically acclaimed ?AFL Live Game of the Year Edition?.

Crosse Studios is a Pittsburgh-based company that specializes in the development of lacrosse video games. Crosse Studios has released five Xbox 360 lacrosse games, which include three College Lacrosse games and two games fully licensed by the National Lacrosse League. Most recently, Crosse Studios released Lacrosse Dodge and is actively developing Flick Lacrosse and College Lacrosse for iOS and Android.

Twitter: @laxvideogame
Facebook: www.facebook.com/collegelacrosse
Web: Lacrosse Video Games, Xbox 360, PS3, PlayStation, iPhone, Android - Crosse Studios

If you're interested in staying up to date with the Kickstarter campaign, click here:

Lacrosse 14 - Lacrosse Video Game for Playstation, Xbox, and PC!

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
There's been a few smaller ones on PC/iOS/XBLA

----------

It's going to be heavily based on the NHL games.

----------

We have many more screenshots that will be released over the next week.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
The screenshot does look pretty sweet.

What does "all or nothing" mean? You wouldnt develop it if you do not get enough contributions from people?

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
I'm not a lacrosse fan, I have little idea about the game or the rules but this looks like it could be fun to play.

Good on Big Ant for giving "niche" sports a chance to have a quality game!

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
The screenshot does look pretty sweet.

What does "all or nothing" mean? You wouldnt develop it if you do not get enough contributions from people?

There are only so many things we can self fund :)

----------

Looking forward to the Badminton game then...

Damn... I just say to much on here sometimes - can you forget that I said either of those things?... just act surprised when stuff is "announced" for the first time elsewhere :facepalm

sahilnatu

Club Captain
There are only so many things we can self fund :)

And I am extremely happy that Cricket finds a place in it.

So Ross, you guys are doing Cricket, Rugby (if TruBlu don't do another AFLLive2), Lacrosse and may be Badminton (I'd take that answer you gave to Matt as a hint). So how do sequels work here? Have you got separate teams for different games or the same one moving from one game to another. If latter is the case, what could be the possible time gap between successive iterations of the same game?

I'm in no way trying to get you to talk on DBC 15 (or 16 or whatever). Just a genuine query on my part.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Damn... I just say to much on here sometimes - can you forget that I said either of those things?... just act surprised when stuff is announced elsewhere
Well there's always the 'amongst others' you could surprise us with.

Hope you get funded.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
The funding will decide the quality of the game.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
And I am extremely happy that Cricket finds a place in it.

So Ross, you guys are doing Cricket, Rugby (if TruBlu don't do another AFLLive2), Lacrosse and may be Badminton (I'd take that answer you gave to Matt as a hint). So how do sequels work here? Have you got separate teams for different games or the same one moving from one game to another. If latter is the case, what could be the possible time gap between successive iterations of the same game?

I'm in no way trying to get you to talk on DBC 15 (or 16 or whatever). Just a genuine query on my part.

DBC14 is the central part of our strategy that has taken near ten years to put together, it's been a long, long road.

There are different project teams however all of our games are designed to help each other in terms of sharing tech.

Last edited:

mattk

Club Captain
Big Ant Studios are Australia's answer to EA Sports! Love ya work Ross and company

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
So you're making it regardless but the funds would be the extra polish/modes?

The game needs the Kickstarter to be successful to deliver on all that we would like to do, that's as much as I can say for now.

Users who are viewing this thread