FOOTBALL Fifa 12 - console and PC!

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Playing some career mode atm so I can see how the new additions to FIFA 13 will change the main game. Looks like it may actually playable against the CPU next year! Really only playing when UT is down though, which is often.

Playing as Dortmund. Only a few games into the season, I believe I have one win against Nurnberg, and another against Man Utd in a friendly. Lost another four or five, all by one or two goals and unreal goalkeepers on their sides stopping the very few chances I have on goal each game (due to the lack in attacking runs).

Got this team, pretty happy with it at this stage. Sold Hummels for a lot, as Man City sent me an offer I couldn't refuse in the region of 40-60 m, can't remember. Had a similar offer for Gotze, and agreed it at around 60-70 m, but he declined the contract. Oh well.

Made some good signings. Having to use Barrios though as he didn't sell and Kagawa is out for five months with a broken tailbone:facepalm. Legendary board difficulty so it's tough.

---------------------Weidenfeller-------------------
---Piszczek----Subotic------Vertonghen----Ansaldi--
-----------------------------Bender----------------
-------------------Granero-------------------------
-------------------------Gotze---------------------
---------Hulk-------Lewandowski---------Kagawa---

It's Barrios at ST atm though and Lewandowski on the wing.

Granero is a good bench player but I'll be looking to replace him with top quality. Not fully happy with Weidenfeller either as he gets beaten a lot, unlike my opposition. Might try a sneaky bid for Wiese as he's great.

The rest of the team is awesome though and any extra money will go to further attacking improvements:D.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Joe Hart is ridiculous in FIFA, so I always just look for keepers with stats as close to his as possible ha

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Very true.

I just go for keepers with high reflexes and diving, with decent positioning and handling. Wiese ticks the boxes. They also have to be tall (no Casillas)

The decent handling and positioning are important though. Kameni has the second best reflexes after Casillas but has terrible positioning so is average. But someone like Buffon has average reflexes but nice positioning.

You just have to try everyone I suppose.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Apart from the obvious, like speed, acceleration, stamina and strength, do you think the attributes in Fifa 12 actually do that much? If not, hopefully they will do in Fifa 13.

One other thing - do retired players 'reincarnate' themselves in Fifa 12? I'm not sure myself.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Apart from the obvious, like speed, acceleration, stamina and strength, do you think the attributes in Fifa 12 actually do that much? If not, hopefully they will do in Fifa 13.

One other thing - do retired players 'reincarnate' themselves in Fifa 12? I'm not sure myself.

In non UT they seem to make near no difference and are barely noticeable unless it's a difference of 20+.

In UT, strength, shooting and tackling are very skill dependent, and especially pace.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Yep, that's why you see so many BPL teams on UT, all about the pace.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Yep, that's why you see so many BPL teams on UT, all about the pace.

Plus I think a lot of people don't know any of the players from other leagues. I hate it when footballing noobs try to play UT, and hence have things like a defence of Hart, Clichy, David Luiz, Kompany, Walker, and strikers like Agbonlawhore and Beckford.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
If you think Fifa is all about pace, you're not very good at it :p

It's still too heavily weighted, in that someone like Messi is probably still a more useful defender than someone like Mertesacker because they can catch up with players and get a foot in. The marking stat makes a good difference to defenders though. Short passing is essential for people if you want to do anything other than just try and run past players all game. The balance/agility stats make a massive difference to dribbling.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
If you think Fifa is all about pace, you're not very good at it :p

It's still too heavily weighted, in that someone like Messi is probably still a more useful defender than someone like Mertesacker because they can catch up with players and get a foot in. The marking stat makes a good difference to defenders though. Short passing is essential for people if you want to do anything other than just try and run past players all game. The balance/agility stats make a massive difference to dribbling.

This is Ultimate Team not career mode, if you gave it a chance you would see this:p.

In non-UT, a passing game is a good strategy. I find it very hard to let pace make a difference and dribbling is near impossible with skills (at least against the computer).

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Plus I think a lot of people don't know any of the players from other leagues. I hate it when footballing noobs try to play UT, and hence have things like a defence of Hart, Clichy, David Luiz, Kompany, Walker, and strikers like Agbonlawhore and Beckford.

Yep, that too, I just built a Ligue 1 squad and it's pretty beastly. Sakho and M'bia, absolute tanks at the back, midfield of Pastore, Menez and Gourcuff, with Hazard, Remy and Valbuena up front. Pace, skill, passing, everything.

----------

This is Ultimate Team not career mode, if you gave it a chance you would see this:p.

In non-UT, a passing game is a good strategy. I find it very hard to let pace make a difference and dribbling is near impossible with skills (at least against the computer).

UT is a little faster compared to Head to Head, that's why pace is so important compared to the other stats. Pace, strength then finishing, that's how it goes in UT, for strikers that is.

----------

Did any of you guys play the Longshot cup on UT last week? Inform Honda was the reward and he's an absolute beast, his vision, his passing, his long shots, absolute beastly.

I've actually got 2 of him, one from the online tournament and one from the offline, I've got to say though, the offline tourney was by far the hardest. Ultimate difficulty is like aim bot for Fifa, I some how scrapped through and won it though. :D

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
I've had a LOT of teams, I've tried most good players in the game barring Messi and Ronaldo. I never have one team for more than a few weeks. Currently got a BPL side with the overpowered four (Enrique, Luiz, Kompany and Walker) at the back as I got sick of playing against it all the time and wanted to try it. Also got IF Szczesny, IF Taarabt, IF Sessegnon, IF Dos Santos, IF Routledge, IF Tevez and SIF Cisse. Got a Portuguese and Ligue 1 hybrid too.

Not a fan of Pastore or Gourcuff. Menez is awesome though. Sakho is probably one of the best defenders in the game. M'Bia is great too.

Haven't tried Honda, might make a hybrid with him later. Doesn't seem too much better than other similar informs.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Same here man, I pretty much change squads every week, or else it gets very stale and boring. Also this way you can make a bit of profit the next week, as prices don't drastically change over a weeks time.

I've actually tried both Messi and Cristiano, Messi's best played as a CF in a 4-2-3-1 or a CAM in a 4-1-2-1-2, his strength lets him down big time, gets pushed off the ball very easily. Cristiano though, has to be the best player in the game, his ball control, 5 star skills, his shot, just a beast.

But dude, that's a pretty beastly BPL squad you got right there, only thing I'd change is I'd swap that IF Tevez for IF Aguero. I can't stand Tevez's HIGH defensive work rate man, when I tried him out he'd always end up at the back with my CBs, makes it extremely hard to counter when one of your strikers is playing WB.

Gourcuff has been alright, Pastore not so much. Menez, I actually went through some troubles and changed him to a ST, absolute beast up there, I'd go as far as to say that that's where he belongs. M'bia and Sakho are one of the best CB pairings in the game, right behind Thiago Silva and Giorgio Chiellini for me and M'bia and Sakho are dirt cheap compared to Silva and Chiellini.

That's probably what I'm going to do with my Honda, put him in some hybrid, this is probably my only chance to try out that IF Doumbia and I'll definitely be pairing him with Eto the Great, got to use him every chance you get.

Last edited:

Epic

Panel of Selectors
One of my rl friends actually has the TOTS Cristiano, going to trick him into selling it to me for dirt cheap. :p

Last edited:

harrisb

International Coach
You guys obviously have way more coins than me. I've got a side that is mainly a Spain-Bundesliga hybrid, but I've recently added Pepe to the defence. The link comes from having Mata and Navas at RM and LM respectively, with IF Raul at CAM, and then a few Bundesliga strikers that I rotate.

I've also got a K-League squad, which I play most of my games with. It's only 3* so I tend not to play the Brasilver or the Silver England teams. A couple of decent players in there. Luiz (LM with 85 pace) and Eninho (CAM) are probably the best. The problem at the moment is that there are a lot of k-league IFs at the moment because it's one of few leagues still going.

Users who are viewing this thread