Fifa world cup draw

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
If Rooney hadn't got injured, I think he would've dragged the England team to the title, a bit like Roberto Baggio almost did with Italy in '94. These days, he doesn't seem as good, but I reckon that's because people insist on playing him up front alone or on the wing and neither of those positions is his best.

Auwais

International Coach
He doesn't seem as good?! That's probably because you're only remembering the good parts of a young Rooney. He was very hit and miss back then but has matured into a much more consistent player. Plus Capello's getting the best out of him and he's doing better without having to be sacrificed for Ronaldo in the Utd side.

P

pcfan123

Never watched any soccer at all, but will definitly watch our match against England, that is if its even on TV here :laugh

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Rooney was the only player who looked threatening against Brazil. He can definitely perform against the best sides. Just gotta hope he stays fit from now until the end of the World Cup.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
He doesn't seem as good?! That's probably because you're only remembering the good parts of a young Rooney. He was very hit and miss back then but has matured into a much more consistent player. Plus Capello's getting the best out of him and he's doing better without having to be sacrificed for Ronaldo in the Utd side.

I mean he doesn't do those runs from deep that much anymore - they're what really terrorised defences in Euro 2004. Granted he's more consistent now, but seems less explosive from deep to me.

Auwais

International Coach
Might have something to do with playing further forward for us nowadays compared to how he played for England back then.

Nowadays he gets into more goal scoring positions in the box, the kind of thing he needs to do more because of the loss of Ronaldo. He's already one behind his total in the league last season but needs to get off the mark in Europe.

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
Please gives us the crims in the group stage so we can wallop them. Then it'll be another sport we'll be better than them at.

And why do you want to avoid France Tom? England will absolutely slaughter them. Even Ireland outplayed them ffs.

cute.

YouTube - Football: Australia vs England 2003

Anyway, I don't see why everyone is writing us off. We will beat Serbia, we defeated Ghana last year and you would assume the Germans would slaughter us.

As long as England fail yet again then who really cares....

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
That 2003 side was completely different to this side. Better manager, better team.

Seems to me that if England win the World Cup, certain countries will have a National Day of Mourning... :sarcasm

Also, I wouldn't underestimate Serbia.

Last edited:

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
We will beat Serbia

If you beat us I will never watch a Serbia game again. We finished 1st in our group ahead of France, our coach took over right before our 1st game with France and guided us to the world cup.
He has the team playing as one and I think we will perform like we did in the qualifiers.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Would absolutely love to play the Poms in the Round of 16. Beat 'em up again!

Group G seems to be the group of death. A few ace teams in Brazil, Portugal and he Cote d'Ivoire :D and Korea definitely capable of an upset.

Group B also falling into that category, perhaps. Argentina the South American titans, Nigeria with Silver at Beijing, North Korea semi-finalists in '02 and Asia's best performed team at World Cups and Greece now a much improved team following there 2004 Euro Cup miracle.

Last edited:

mdoggie

Club Cricketer
Would absolutely love to play the Poms in the Round of 16. Beat 'em up again!

Group G seems to be the group of death. A few ace teams in Brazil, Portugal and he Cote d'Ivoire :D and Korea definitely capable of an upset.

Group B also falling into that category, perhaps. Argentina the South American titans, Nigeria with Silver at Beijing, North Korea semi-finalists in '02 and Asia's best performed team at World Cups and Greece now a much improved team following there 2004 Euro Cup miracle.

South Korea

Interesting fact I heard about South Africa's group. It was the excact same group that England had when they won and hosted the World cup in 1966.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Dunno why everyone's stressing about meeting Germany or Australia, we recently beat Germany with our second string - in their own country! As for Australia...

Hey hey hey, you haven't beaten us for 10 years. :D
Yes I know we've only played once in that time. But still...

Gilly Fan added 2 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

Never watched any soccer at all, but will definitly watch our match against England, that is if its even on TV here :laugh

It's the World Cup. Of course it'll be shown. Whether it's shown on FTA in the US, who knows.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
I reckon any team in our group could get through. Pity we don't have New Zealand's group.

Users who are viewing this thread