Fix for Windows 7 Running Slow

dicque

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey everyone,

I was having some real problems running Ashes Cricket 2009 on my machine at high graphics quality. Here are my specs in case anyone is interested:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4430 @ 3.0 Ghz
RAM: 8 GB
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7750 1.0 GB

Whenever I would start a new game, the graphics would be really choppy about 80% of the time. The only way I could fix this was by changing all the graphics settings to Low and turning off Crowds and Special Effects. Not good!

I tried running Razer Game Booster and it has fixed all the problems! I know that when you first load a game in Razer, I can see that it turns off Windows Update so perhaps that was causing the game to run slow. It probably turns off services and other things in the background, but I haven't thoroughly checked.

If anyone is having issues running Ashes Cricket 2009 in Windows 7, try Razer Game Booster and respond to this thread with your results!

Razer Game Booster Free Download, Speed Up PC for Top Gaming Performance

rathnak

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
did you try running a media player in the background while playing ashes?

If not, just open a song or your fav playlist. Mute the player. do not minimize. open ashes and play. the media player should be running in the background.

Bothy

School Cricketer
I have tried the windows media player trick and even starting fraps and gamebooster ,but no joy in solving my frame rate problem.

Then I installed the open beta patches 1&2 (here in downloads forum) and problem solved after really annoying frustration for months on end.Now I can enjoy the game with 30+ fps (lowest at 27/28) where before I was averaging 15-20 and a lowest of 7/8.

My system is windows 8.1(64 bit) with not bad spec which can run modern games including F1 2010-2014 and Rugby challenge 2.

Users who are viewing this thread