***FIXED*** FLICKERING (post delivery)

sahil1087

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
(This article describes the issue and then the fix)

Issue - Once the ball is played and the batsmen are running or fielders chasing and backing up - the ball flickers all over the place. When batsmen takes his stance and hits the ball (everything works perfectly fine but) once it's hit and while watching the replays, everything flickers. It only happens while playing this game so I am sure that my system is perfectly alright!

My System Specs : i7 -6700 HQ @ 2.60 hz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M 4GB
16 GB RAM

I am sure it's pretty decent to play this game but the issue even persists when I downgrade the game settings (Technically I shouldn't be doing it as my system handles games like COD and BF1 very well

After doing a lot of research online and trying a whole bunch of things above, I finally found something that worked for me

FIX

1) Make sure the drivers (Nvidia, Steam etc.) are up to date
2) In Nvidia Control Panel (Select High perfomance GPU)
3) Go to the NVidia control panel and then turn off v-sync in the control panel. Then go to the game settings and turn off v-sync in the game settings as well

Last edited:

BRAB

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can confirm this occasionally happens on my PC as well.

Specs

Intel i5 4690k
GTX970
16GB RAM

Not a specs issue. Framerate actually doesn't drop either. Which is odd

lokebabu

Club Captain
Yes I'm experiencing this issue as well.

Core i7 6700HQ
32GB Ram
GTX 1060 6GB DDR5

sahil1087

Club Captain
I am sure it's not a system issue. I think it's a bug or something else. We have to get this fixed

prav33nb

Club Captain
I have been experiencing the same flickering issues as mentioned above. But i found out a workaround to tackle this. While in game, I had to press "ALT + TAB" (twice or thrice). Once i do that the flickering issue will no longer exists (game runs so smoothly ;)) until i restart the game.

Not sure whether this issue is something related to system / graphic settings. If BIGANT (@MattW , @HBK619) could guide / fix it through game updates to solve this permanently would be much appreciated.

System Spec:
Intel i5-4670 CPU @3.40GHz
8GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770

Last edited:

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Still having slight issues graphically and flickery as well. One thing that happens a lot is that at the end of the over I get a commentary or announcement stick for 3 or 4 seconds so for example I'll get:

"Ess, Ess, Ess, Ess, Essex kept it tight in that over"

Monzi

Panel of Selectors
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Even I have been experiencing this issue at times.. I have a very good specs too

lazybuggg

School Cricketer
Can also confirm this. its randomly starting for me, i only play in career bought the game 2 days ago. For the first match i dont have any flickering but from 2nd match and further it comes up and to the extent that commentary also gets slight freeze.
also tried the alt+tab work around doesn't work for me at all.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
"Ess, Ess, Ess, Ess, Essex kept it tight in that over"

Not sure if it's related, but I had that kind of a problem in DBC 14. The culprit was an ageing HDD whose read/write actions had slowed down pretty considerably. Once I got a new one, the stuttering went away.

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Not sure if it's related, but I had that kind of a problem in DBC 14. The culprit was an ageing HDD whose read/write actions had slowed down pretty considerably. Once I got a new one, the stuttering went away.

I don't think it would be that as my laptop is just three months old and is a gaming one.

AnujTuteja

School Cricketer
I might have found a fix for this. Pressing Alt + Enter when the match starts fixes the issue but not completely.
During day matches, it's almost perfect, but, during night matches there's a bit of stuttering/flickering only in the replays.

sahil1087

Club Captain
We are currently investigating this and trying to figure out exactly what is occurring.
I appreciate all your patience.

Hopefully we can have an update for you soon!

Hello Ross, this issue is still persisting. Is the fix in works yet? Thanks

sahil1087

Club Captain
@MattW @BigAntStudios this issue is still there. The game flickers like no tomorrow once a ball is hit. Everything is same as mentioned in the description of this page. Please have this fixed as this is really annoying.[DOUBLEPOST=1493867245][/DOUBLEPOST]
I actually thought it was definetely fixed in the last update for me.
Didn't work for me buddy. I have the latest patch and nothing changed

Users who are viewing this thread