Fleming rips into Richardson!!

irottev

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I do feel a little sorry for him, but he had to learn somehow. Hes been made to look like a fool in the com box quite a few times also.

That really was hillarious.

Oh and by the way. I quite like Cairns's commentary :) Muuuuch better.

Greenidge

School Cricketer
Fleming fakes ripping into Richardson
13 March 2006

New Zealand cricket captain Stephen Fleming was caught on camera berating commentator Mark Richardson, calling his former teammate an 'idiot'.

The video caused confusion when when media reported it as a news item before it was revealed to be a hoax used to promote a television programme.

Sky TV said this morning that the encounter was a set-up for one of its shows.

Sky's executive producer of cricket, Martin Crowe, said, "The interview was a spoof in which Stephen has a crack at Mark about his commentary. It was scripted and not real although it has appeared on the internet as a news item.

"We regret any embarrassment to Stephen or Mark as a result of the item's broadcast."

New Zealand Cricket declined to comment on the stunt.

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
Well Its hurting the other persons feelings, I think Richardson was holding back, as anyone else would have given a punch or two, just to get things straight.

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
Seen it already. I m with Fleming on this one. That Richardson is obviously a w@nker and as depicted by his stupid ads for SKY TV.

irottev

School Cricketer
So its a hoax apparantly. lol.

Fleming confirmed. lol was on the news.

Last edited:

aldersley

Club Cricketer
bullshit its a hoax. lol
"And the other thing is you're just an idiot talking about scoring rates and picking up the... uh... the tempo of games; you were one of the most boring players to watch"
that is the funniest thing i have ever heard. richardson felt so cut.

irottev

School Cricketer
It is pretty funny. Richardson complaining about scoring rates. One of the slugs of test cricket

rickyp

International Coach
Updated 13 March 2005, 8:40pm NZ time: Cricket Web can now confirm that Stephen Fleming's attack on former team mate Mark Richardson was a joke. Richardson explained on New Zealand television tonight that Fleming having a go at him, in calling him an 'idiot' and criticising his commentary, was for "The Cricket Company", a cricket show that Richardson co-hosts. Fleming and Richardson were seen laughing together over the shoot, after it had finished.

yeah its a hoax

tassietiger

International Cricketer
As if it is a hoax. Good on them for trying to cover it up with some stupid story like that, but this "Cricket Company" skit will have to be bloody good to convince me. If that was scripted, it wouldn't be funny. The only reason we find it funny is because we think it is real.

Seriously, if anyone was to script something like that, they would use a bit more imagination than that. It's real, and that's why it cracked me up.

dtrain

Club Cricketer
LOL, that's funny as. It would completely lose its comic value if it is just a skit.

Briggsey

International Coach
As soon as Fleming said "Your an idiot" I could tell something wasnt right!

Pretty darn funny though!

Users who are viewing this thread