OTHER Flightsim

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
@Dutch very nice, i flight from Schipol a couple of times i think. My last flight was from Naples to Liverpool last year, then i spent a week in the Lake District, was amazing.

D

Dutch

Two videos showing off the weather graphics: one with the plane moving in rain and one with the plane slowing down and standing still.....you see the rain reacting to wind and plane movements and speed.

Plane moving

Plane slowing, landing and standing still

D

Dutch

Brisbane and the Gold Coast behind us as we climb out on our way to Auckland.

Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2020.10.06 - 17.15.10.15.png Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2020.10.06 - 17.15.18.32.png Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2020.10.06 - 17.15.29.05.png

D

Dutch

Moon over the Tasman Sea.....about half an hour before starting our descent into Auckland.

Desktop Screenshot 2020.10.06 - 19.21.23.79.png

D

Dutch

Excuse my ignorance, but how do you know what you are flying over at any time?
You create a flightplan: this can be very simple A to b but gets much more complex once you start getting into real life operation simming. The flight computer guides the plane after take off to a few minutes before landing, calculating each step of the way. In this case basic geography teaches me that there aint nowt else between Aussie and the Kiwis than Tasman Sea! :p

Planes fly along airways and markers in the air that are of course invisible and don't exist apart from as GPS points. Just like roads airplanes follow set patterns and routes so as to not get in each others way!

D

Dutch

Once you know what you are doing to a certain extent it is strange but true: it is easier to fly an Airbus A320 than it is to fly a Cessna 172!

Users who are viewing this thread