For Firefox lovers!

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Online Cricket Games Owned
Finally decided to try and get a new firewall but damn, I've never loved Mozilla so much!

I've got:
- Sidebar tool
- Colored tabs
- Scrapbook
- Stealther
- Adblock
- Multiple skins
- Music thingy

Seriously this pwns.

untitled5xg1.jpg

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
IloveGilly said:
Finally decided to try and get a new firewall but damn, I've never loved Mozilla so much!

firewall changing skins is new to me.

and the browser u took screenshot of isn't mozilla, its firefox.
there is a huge difference b/w mozilla and firefox

also use noscript.It will block unnecessary ads, like what firefox was loading when u took that screen shot.

take a look at it working on PCkt

untitled34wi.jpg

I never knew so much of things load with PCky

Last edited:

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors

IloveGilly

blackleopard92 said:
can't u simply unblock firefox in ZA?
my sis uses it, but hardly has any problems

You can't in Pro (I think). Read on the site manual but there was nothing.

aussie1st said:
I found another cool add on for football fans. FootieFox 1.0.6 shows live scores and you can see all the results to date. Works for most of the domestic leagues and of course the World Cup.

footiefox_320x120.jpg

http://www.download.com/FootieFox/3000-11745_4-10546448.html?tag=img

I was thinking of dl it but then I thought, whats the point when the season is over and theres World Cup updates everywhere :D

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Is it just me or does Firefox use up a heap of memory on occassions? I don't have many extensions only faster fox, adblock and that soccer thing above. But sometimes Firefox is taking up all of my memory and my laptop fan starts going.

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
aussie1st said:
Is it just me or does Firefox use up a heap of memory on occassions? I don't have many extensions only faster fox, adblock and that soccer thing above. But sometimes Firefox is taking up all of my memory and my laptop fan starts going.
maybe due to memory leaks.
try using some memory freeing/defragmentors to solve this issue

viral1991

International Cricketer
IloveGilly said:
You can't in Pro (I think). Read on the site manual but there was nothing.

I dont think there is any problem! I have been using Firefox with ZoneAlarm Pro for almost a year now!

aussie1st said:

Yes, it does take up lots of memory, it always uses 45,000+ K memory for me!

IloveGilly

viral1991 said:
I dont think there is any problem! I have been using Firefox with ZoneAlarm Pro for almost a year now!

Yes, it does take up lots of memory, it always uses 45,000+ K memory for me!

Well, my prob was if I upgraded it would block the internet so I just got a new one?

It does take a lot of memory too.

Btw, whats the latest Firefox version? (No Beta version). I have 15.0.4.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
You have the latest version, it'll tell you if there is a new upgrade. Lol what do you know as I'm typing this my fan is on, good old firefox overcooking my machine again :(

Prakash

Executive member
aussie1st said:
There's a problem with adblock and newer version of FF so instead use adblock plus. This page will be helpful to you http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/faqs/memusage.html
Btw, whats the latest Firefox version? (No Beta version). I have 15.0.4
1.5.0.4 ;)

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I reckon I'd use Firefox even if it wasn't fast. In fact that was not the reason I started using it. For one, the number of security holes and vulnerabilities in IE is nothing short of scary; as per this excerpt from Wikipedia.

As of May 28, 2006, Secunia reports 101 vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer, 21 of which are unpatched [13]. In contrast, Mozilla Firefox, the main competitor to Internet Explorer, is reported to have only 31 security vulnerabilities, of which 4 remain unpatched [14]. Opera, another competitor to Internet Explorer, has 13 vulnerabilities and none of them remain unpatched. [15].
Besides that, Microsoft are renowned for their backwards concept of compatibility; their acceptance of market standards is best described as clunky. Open source will always support open standards and indeed accept new standards as they appear.

Users who are viewing this thread