Firefox Reaches One Billion Total Downloads !

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
FirefoxLogo-main_Full.jpg

The Mozilla Foundation's open-source Firefox browser passed the one billion download mark on Friday. That includes the latest 3.5 version back to the first release in 2004.

Celebration planned
Mozilla is preparing to celebrate the milestone at the onebillionplusyou.com Web site, which is expected to go live Monday.
In tests by PC World, Mozilla ranked as the second-fastest browser in download times, about two-tenths of a second behind the fastest browser, Google's Chrome. Firefox is estimated to have 31 percent of the browser market, behind Microsoft's dominant Internet Explorer with 60 percent. The Chrome, Apple Safari, and Opera browsers have less than five percent

Fast-Growing Firefox Tops One Billion Downloads - Yahoo! News

New site :-http://www.onebillionplusyou.com/

Firefox hold a record of most downloaded software in 24 Hours!

If a thread exist, please close this one

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Firefox hold a record of most downloaded software in 24 Hours!

Yeah, but if you say before releasing the software that we are trying to create a world record for most downloads in 24 hours, then some crazy hardcore fans are going to download it over and over again just to make it a record.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
And where does Chrome stand? Nowhere. IE8 is getting up there to fight challenge though.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Yeah, but if you say before releasing the software that we are trying to create a world record for most downloads in 24 hours, then some crazy hardcore fans are going to download it over and over again just to make it a record.
Add to the fact it doesn't take time to whip up a small script program to do it again and again.

P

pcfan123

I liked firefox at first but its too buggy for me. Also a lot of websites that I use (willow.tv) that require media plugins are not firefox compatible.

Firefox is overrated in my opinion.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I use Firefox, and it is nowhere near as buggy as IE. I've had very few issues with Firefox.

The plugins part is true though, but most of them can be installed.

Oh, and w00t! Go Firefox!

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I liked firefox at first but its too buggy for me. Also a lot of websites that I use (willow.tv) that require media plugins are not firefox compatible.

Firefox is overrated in my opinion.

You actually pay for your cricket. :doh

P

pcfan123

You actually pay for your cricket. :doh

Yes, I pay . I tried watching on justin and the lot but the quality and inconsistency is too much. Id rather pay $50 odd and have peace of mind then constantly be looking for a stream and closing pop ups from those spam cricket sites.

Users who are viewing this thread