Free Android Cricket Game: "Cricket Batting Simulator 3D"

2BeansApps

Game Developer
Online Cricket Games Owned
We are very proud to release our new Android game "Cricket Batting Simulator 3D" today. Free download from the Google Play store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.TwoBeansApps.CricketSimulator&hl=en

We are very interested in feedback so please let us know what you think!

Description:

Defend, drive, pull and cut your way to century. Duck under deadly bouncers or hook them for six! The way you play is completely up to you. What kind of a player are you? A Ponting or a Warner, a Tendulkar or a Sehwag?

Complete missions and unlock cricket playing nations and trophies. Train against a bowling machine then play on the world stage!

Do you have the guts and determination to score an international century?

ruanengel

School Cricketer
Not Bad

Just downloaded, not bad, much in the same vein as stick cricket with more realistic graphics. Takes some getting use to but looks like it can get rather addicting! :yes

2BeansApps

Game Developer
Just downloaded, not bad, much in the same vein as stick cricket with more realistic graphics. Takes some getting use to but looks like it can get rather addicting! :yes

Thanks for that. Yes it is a bit like Stick Cricket isn't it? What we've tried to do is also add in more of a variety of shots that can be played depending on what kind of ball is delivered. We've tried to keep the shots as simple and intuitive as possible (touch swipe motions), but yes there is a small learning curve.

SambarVadai

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Works perfectly on my Xolo Q800...btw there's a minor glitch..the over shows 0.1 even before a ball is bowled..Fix this if possible.
Fun to play...I am becoming addicted to it.

angad

Chairman of Consent
We are very proud to release our new Android game "Cricket Batting Simulator 3D" today. Free download from the Google Play store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.TwoBeansApps.CricketSimulator&hl=en

We are very interested in feedback so please let us know what you think!

Description:

Defend, drive, pull and cut your way to century. Duck under deadly bouncers or hook them for six! The way you play is completely up to you. What kind of a player are you? A Ponting or a Warner, a Tendulkar or a Sehwag?

Complete missions and unlock cricket playing nations and trophies. Train against a bowling machine then play on the world stage!

Do you have the guts and determination to score an international century?

Haven played the game yet, but had a look at the video on playstore. Looked pretty good :D!! Will surely give it a try! Loved the edge at the end of that video :cheers! Also....unity engine FTW :p

Edit: Played it a little. IT really has a lot of potential :cheers! Is it me or does swiping left to your screen always turns into a pull shot?

Last edited:

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
Is it me or does swiping left to your screen always turns into a pull shot?
It actually works that way, if you see the tutorial at the start of the game, thats what it states. Swipe left for hook, right for cut, up for drive, down to leave/duck and click to defense.
However, the game looks fun to play, I would love to see more controls and also demand some assistance on the pitching of ball, as even after playing for 20+ mins, it just seems to be a mere guesswork. Also, I would love to play this in wide-mode!!

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
Or how about doing the controls like stick cricket? Predict the line and go for the shot. However, you may try to get in straight drive(swipe up) as well, while for leg side shot (swipe left) and for the off side shot(swipe right). Obviously, that would be for a right handed batsman and you may even get a left handed batsman to play as well. You may also try to advance the current control scheme with some assistance(not the pitch marker, please) and let us allow to switch to the either of the control scheme. :)
It would be great to play this game in the wide mode, as I said above, and with fielders around, it would be fun to play and also enhance the experience.
And last thing on your list should be to let in career mode style gameplay. Select your country, enter your desire name, select the role and see yourself playing for your country!! You may also prepare stats, skills and form of the player.
When you are out of form, there's a great chance of you getting dropped and hence need to require to revive it back by training harder and harder until you get your form back. Obviously, with playing role as input, you would also need to get the option of bowling in too. And if you are looking forward to get it in, I have an idea. No old style bowling pitch marker, just accept the type, line(off, mid or on) and length (short, good and full) of the ball, and let the ball do the talking according to input and as per the form and skills of the bowler. You would require great bowling spells to increase your skills or you may practice harder to increase it. Great balance is required though. You need to only play when you have a part to play and rest will be getting simulated. Would be REALLY REALLY fun, if you would implement.
Along with that, standard team mode is good to go as well, with an option to simulate ( don't think many would like to bowl). With such great base, multiplayer won't be that difficult too.
And all the time stating that, I know I am talking about the situation too far away. But hey, we should have some target in mind, eh?
At the very last, you can make the game PAID!!!:D I know with such exciting features, anyone would mind paying 5$ for it.
You are going on the right path guys, well done so far.:thumbs

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Great to see a couple of new cricket games for Android. Wonderful time for cricket lovers, new games coming out on consoles as well as mobiles. :thumbs

Just downloaded the game. Will play it for some time now and get back to this thread. :)

2BeansApps

Game Developer
Anirudh: Thanks for spotting the glitch. It should not be too hard to fix.

angad: Yes swipe left is always a pull shot. If we had spinners in the game it would have also been a sweep shot, perhaps in a future update.

Meet: I think what sets this game apart from a lot of others is you have to judge the line AND length of the ball. I understand that this makes it a bit harder, I found that after playing for a while I can get quite used to it, but certainly at the start its not that easy. Your suggestion of some kind of pitching assistance could be a good one, and I'm curious to see if others would also like to see this introduced?

I can see potential in your idea of simulating a full match and coming in when you're required to bowl and bat. I think it sounds a bit more like a computer game rather than a "play at the bus stop" phone game. However it would be a true cricket simulation. But we need to generate a large user base and following before we attempt something like this.

Thanks for your comments everyone, please keep sending feedback. We are recording it all, and some of it will hopefully be implemented in an upcoming update!

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
Your suggestion of some kind of pitching assistance could be a good one, and I'm curious to see if others would also like to see this introduced?
There can always be an option to turn it off, for those who wanna make it challenging.

----------

I can see potential in your idea of simulating a full match and coming in when you're required to bowl and bat. I think it sounds a bit more like a computer game rather than a "play at the bus stop" phone game. However it would be a true cricket simulation. But we need to generate a large user base and following before we attempt something like this.
Regarding this, the other mode, i.e team mode will come in handy, bowl and bat as a team or simulate either of that.:yes

----------

You seem to have already got some good +ve response and feedback in play store. Good signs. :)

Users who are viewing this thread