TENNIS Full Ace Tennis

D

Deleted member 9102

Mmmm the whole static nature of things, the wooden movements, the oversized shoes......yes i know its all about game-play....but.....
Static nature doesn't really mean anything specific, not sure what you mean... I guess the linespeople/umpire/ballkids could have more little animations, some cutscenes etc.

Wooden movements... Yeah, but at least the groundstrokes look nice. Movement anims are more limited by the fact the gameplay drives the animation, rather than the other way round, but hopefully this will improve in the future.

Oversized shoes... Never even noticed, hardly a priority. I'd rather play a better tennis game even if everyone had size 15 feet :p.

There is more visually jarring stuff in AO (and TWT) IMO, like these sort of strokes from licensed top ATP players like Rafa and Goffin;

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

D

Dutch

Look why does every single thread have to turn into a comparison of AOIT.....I have Full Ace I like the game but somethings jar and put me off.......that's my opinion, my humble right to express it......I refuse to go down the track of AGAIN having a tennis thread turn into a comparison of AOIT.......which I knew it would the very moment you posted......why can it not just be about Full Ace tennis and the question I asked whether other people who were also playing the game were put off by the graphics like I am?

D

Deleted member 9102

Saying you're put off by the graphics implies that you feel its visually worse in some way to other tennis games, that don't put you off them for similar reasons.

Just wondering why you think oversized feet and awkward movement are more important visually than good groundstroke anims, convincing ball physics etc.

If this same sort of comparison was made but bagging on TWT instead of AO, you wouldn't respond that way.

JoeS31

County Cricketer
I agree about the graphics. I think Full Ace is the best tennis game, certainly gameplay-wise, there is no comparison, but looks-wise, the basic nature of the environments do put me off even though I don’t think it looks that bad. We’ve just been spoilt by console graphics :rolleyes

Great to hear a console version is in the planning as well :cheers

D

Deleted member 9102

The way the umpire pronounces Kyrgios makes me feel some kind of way :rolleyes
To be fair that's a third-party mod, not part of the game officially.

I added it to my mod because I think there's value in having the player names rather than "Player 1/2", but there are some quality issues with volume, pronunciation and duration of some of the sounds.

Maybe if you posted in the thread on ITST for the umpire sounds mod, the creator (Delirium) would make some amendments;
http://www.intertopspintour.net/for...&t=18945&sid=a134385d43356a24d94ebd97bfd8e79b

When I get some time to spend on it, I'm going to update my mod to include a couple more things. I have ball sounds/player grunts applied on mine.
Also have a couple of fixes planned, like not having futures/challengers in Career play on the Tokyo court, or Moscow used for practice. I noticed this from one of your videos (I only play online).

D

Dutch

I added it to my mod because I think there's value in having the player names rather than "Player 1/2", but there are some quality issues with volume, pronunciation and duration of some of the sounds.

Maybe if you posted in the thread on ITST for the umpire sounds mod, the creator (Delirium) would make some amendments;
http://www.intertopspintour.net/for...&t=18945&sid=a134385d43356a24d94ebd97bfd8e79b

When I get some time to spend on it, I'm going to update my mod to include a couple more things. I have ball sounds/player grunts applied on mine.
Also have a couple of fixes planned, like not having futures/challengers in Career play on the Tokyo court, or Moscow used for practice. I noticed this from one of your videos (I only play online).
I use your mod with great pleasure!

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer

Yeah like it's obviously not going to be spot on with every name and definitely prefer hearing a player name, over player 1/2 for sure!

Yeah I added the ball sounds/grunts mod, definitely made the experience that much better!

D

Deleted member 9102

Is that automatically a part of 0.3 version or an extra download somewhere?
For now its not part of the mod in 0.3, but I will upload a .zip within the next few days which includes my current files. I'll make a new installer/mod version when I have included a few more things.

This is the sounds mod I used, but the instructions are not up to date for the Steam version;
http://www.intertopspintour.net/for...&t=18728&sid=10872993eaf8501d1a1752b2ab284503

Re: the oversized feet, is this something that bothers you in-game? In the pre-game menu the angle does kinda make the feet look big, but I never really noticed it in-game. I'll pass this feedback on to the developer anyway!

D

Dutch

For now its not part of the mod in 0.3, but I will upload a .zip within the next few days which includes my current files. I'll make a new installer/mod version when I have included a few more things.

This is the sounds mod I used, but the instructions are not up to date for the Steam version;
http://www.intertopspintour.net/for...&t=18728&sid=10872993eaf8501d1a1752b2ab284503

Re: the oversized feet, is this something that bothers you in-game? In the pre-game menu the angle does kinda make the feet look big, but I never really noticed it in-game. I'll pass this feedback on to the developer anyway!
Its not something that bothers when actually playing but all the little things add up to detract from the whole game-play experience....the way they walk out on to the court, the way they stand for the coin, the crowd......just all adds up for me and sometimes I can look past it and enjoy it and sometimes i just cant.....OCD I am afraid!

D

Deleted member 9102

Its not something that bothers when actually playing but all the little things add up to detract from the whole game-play experience....the way they walk out on to the court, the way they stand for the coin, the crowd......just all adds up for me and sometimes I can look past it and enjoy it and sometimes i just cant.....OCD I am afraid!
This is where mo-cap would help, those little details like that can easily be acted out to look natural in mo-cap but are painstaking and require a lot of skill to not look robotic when animated by hand.

I know the developer has been toying with the idea of investing in some mo-cap equipment, but it's pretty expensive. The more people back the game, the more chance we have of things like that being possible to bring the little details like that up to a better standard.

About the "oversized feet" - I was just wondering whether you thought the 3D model was wrong or whether a particular camera angle/animation causes the feet to look "off".

Users who are viewing this thread