TENNIS Full Ace Tennis

christy_lenin1

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Managed to win a full game but played as a top ranked player against one ranked 1000 in a low level tournament.Not sure how much time I will want to spend mastering the game ultimatley.

Played around 10 matches and haven't won a single game point yet but I can feel the improvement after every match and It's so much fun.

I never thought this game would have so much of in-depth and realistic game-play. Those who looking for real simulation of tennis game this is a must buy.

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Finally got my DS4 controller to work by using Bind Controls. Went through the tutorials and played 3 matches. Here are the results -

1. Lost 6-0,6-0
2. Lost 6-1,6-1
3. Won 6-3,6-3

I can see myself improving with each match. Even the match I won I had to concentrate and play hard as Nadal against a nobody, but it was worth it in the end - sweet victory. Having fun with the game. I am really looking forward to animation mods. If anyone wants to play online, please message me.

Here's the statsboard from the match I won -

p2FxG9h.jpg

christy_lenin1

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Finally got my DS4 controller to work by using Bind Controls. Went through the tutorials and played 3 matches. Here are the results -

1. Lost 6-0,6-0
2. Lost 6-1,6-1
3. Won 6-3,6-3

I can see myself improving with each match. Even the match I won I had to concentrate and play hard as Nadal against a nobody, but it was worth it in the end - sweet victory. Having fun with the game. I am really looking forward to animation mods. If anyone wants to play online, please message me.

p2FxG9h.jpg

I am playing as Nadal and the best I have got was a game point in one the matches against Federer.

I loose most of the points trying to play the forehand, even though I am in the right position the shot is invoked very late and either it hits the net or no shot was attempted.
I don't have any problem playing backend. I don't know really what i am doing wrong but i am trying to figure it out.

Did you faced anything like that?

Pat

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am playing as Nadal and the best I have got was a game point in one the matches against Federer.

I loose most of the points trying to play the forehand, even though I am in the right position the shot is invoked very late and either it hits the net or no shot was attempted.
I don't have any problem playing backend. I don't know really what i am doing wrong but i am trying to figure it out.

Did you faced anything like that?

Don't want to sound like an expert when I have won just one game :p However, timing is the key it seems. If you don't get the timing right, the shots will go way ward. I may be wrong but from what I have understood so far, playing safe shots (topspin) is much more beneficial than trying to go for glory with strong shots. With a strong shot, you need to have your timing perfect and also the length needs to be ideal - if it's too full, your strong shot will go way ward. Also I get a feeling that the ideal shot timing is different for different shot types (backspin, topspin, strong shot, drop shot etc.) - so you may want to practice timing different shots in the green zone.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

1. Lost 6-0,6-0
2. Lost 6-1,6-1
3. Won 6-3,6-3

p2FxG9h.jpg

What does the last line in the stats pic "15:45 Game Time : 01.33" mean?

Initially I thought the math took 15 mins 45 secs but that text is to the left and the game time states 01.33. A bit confused.

D

Dutch

What does the last line in the stats pic "15:45 Game Time : 01.33" mean?

Initially I thought the math took 15 mins 45 secs but that text is to the left and the game time states 01.33. A bit confused.
I guess its the time and the match took 1 hour 33 minutes (not actual playing time but game game time if you see what i mean?)

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
D

Deleted member 9102

This isn't working for me. I put the files into localdata\patch\sounds, and I'm using your fa_mod0.1 patch.

You said on ITST it all works together, right?
Yes it's working for me with the same files as from that mod, though I made one small change.

Instead of putting these sounds in LocalData\Patch\Sounds, I put them in LocalData\Patch\Sounds\Umpire

I'll try it the other way and see if that could be the problem.

Edit - Yep, with them just in Patch\Sounds I'm just getting the default umpire sounds.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Yes it's working for me with the same files as from that mod, though I made one small change.

Instead of putting these sounds in LocalData\Patch\Sounds, I put them in LocalData\Patch\Sounds\Umpire

I'll try it the other way and see if that could be the problem.

Edit - Yep, with them just in Patch\Sounds I'm just getting the default umpire sounds.

That was it. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread