Future of Cricket, suggestion to the ICC

What do you agree with?

• Total voters

ansariaamir_leo

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
U forgot to include, ICC Champions' Trophy...
Next will be in 2008, and takes place every 2 years...

slade

Club Cricketer
I agree with one of the previous posters who said he wouldn't be sad if ODIs were consigned to history. We are playing far too much of it and should definitely be limited to 5 per series.

I think 32 is a few too many for 2020 world cup. Half those teams are not of first class standard. Keep it to 16 teams with 1 group stage and then straight knockout. Decide the qualifiers to this world cup by running a 20 20 competition for associates.

Run the 20 20 World cup every 4 years so the schedule will be 50 over World Cup, 2 years Gap, 20 20 WC, 2 Year Gap, 50 50 WC etc.
Get rid of champions trophy as soon as possible!

Reduce number of teams in the 50 over world cup back to ten or twelve and reduce its length to a month and a half. The 2007 one was so long.

paul kudliman

School Cricketer
i have an idea but this is possibly the dumbest idea ever. the idea is having subsitute batsmen in you team. you can have substitue fielders. but there are limitations to it.
1. if at batsmen makes a start even if it is 1 run you cannot substitue until the second innings.
2. the substitute can only come in after the ninth wicket has fallen.
3. you can only have 3 substitutes and that is all.
the benefits of this idea is simple it allows the team to have greater flexiblity and gets the selectors to think about what ideas work and which ones don't work.
the weakness is the batsmen may never get injured in the game. this idea just recently came to mind

Users who are viewing this thread