Ireland Team Discussion

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Irony for me is that despite beating two Full Member sides this WC undermines Ireland's case for Test status.

I know they are missing Murtagh to injury and Rankin to England's avarice, but their seam attack is genuinely poor. It would be annihilated in test cricket or they'd be forced to set ultra-defensive fields and kill any spectacle.

Cricket Ireland need to unearth 2 or 3 85-90mph bowlers somewhere...

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Well, Craig Young isn't anywhere near that quick, but he's better than most of what's played so far. Not sure why he is persistently left out.

Mark Adair has spent some time with Warwickshire and is meant to be sharp, while Tom Curran and Matt Dunn are both Irish-qualified, and might one day be tempted by Test opportunities.

That said, chairman of selectors Alan Lewis did accept the clear lack of pace, and said that they may go looking for some passport players / long-term overseas club pros to see if they can bolster the bowling reserves.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Hopefully they can. I mean, it's clear that in comparison with what Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe or Bangladesh had done to "earn" Test status when they got it, Ireland deserve to be given it but at the same time that attack is nowhere near Test standard.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
True; Rankin, Murtagh, Young and Dockrell would be a decent enough four-pronged attack, but only one is currently playing. Murtagh should last until Adair is ready.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Seddon Park is sold out for today's match, I can't get tickets. Mostly India fans but I think Ireland will have some decent support from their fans and locals wanting an upset. Fingers crossed they put up their traditional fight tonight! I'll be cheering from outside the ground!

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That's unbelievable "reporting" ...to Zimbabwe's credit...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>On behalf of the Zimbabwe cricket team.We just want to express our apologies to <a href="Cricket Ireland (@Irelandcricket) | Twitter">@Irelandcricket</a> and John Mooney for the unacceptable article</p>&mdash; Brendan Taylor (@BrendanTaylor86) <a href="Brendan Taylor sur Twitter : "On behalf of the Zimbabwe cricket team.We just want to express our apologies to @Irelandcricket and John Mooney for the unacceptable article"">March 11, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

EDIT:

@MattW I have no idea how to embed tweets. None. What a n00b.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Yeah, no one blames the Zimbabwe players for the shitty 'journalist' - but all class there from BT.

@MattW I have no idea how to embed tweets. None. What a n00b.
Grab the long number from the end of the url you get from the link to the single tweet view (the time link) - in this case '575456213141356545' - and wrap that in tweet tags.

So
Code:
[tweet]575456213141356545[/tweet]
makes

S

Satan666

Disgusting article, even by my standards. Didnt bother reading the entire article.

Users who are viewing this thread