Ireland Team Discussion

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
very good result... should never have let WI get to 300 but with no Murtagh they're light on the bowling. sets them up nicely to make the quarters

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Brilliant win for Ireland, got just a little bit tweaky near the end though.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The Irish top order are all solid County Pros, so you can see them doing quite well. The spin bowlers look good enough too, with Dockrell getting better and better. The questions for me are their pace bowling, which is an issue at the end of the innings especially. And I'm also not convinced that Wilson is better behind the stumps than O'Brien, seems strange to give up runs/chances just because Wilson seems more popular with the management.

They look good for the quarter finals though now, but that match against Zimbabwe could be key.

bigred

Club Captain
Only watched the first 35 overs of the match, so was surprised when I woke up to discover Ireland had conceded over 300 runs. Definitely think their seamers in the final 10 will be their issue.

I have to say though that their fielding was magnificent.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Just a pity Murtagh is injured their bowling would look much more solid with him there.

I genuinely hope they make the quarters and do so by beating at least one more Test nation... Put a real rocket up the ICC

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
what super 8s
If they win that, they'll be through to the terrific 4s! Then they have a chance of making the wonderful 2s!
Just a pity Murtagh is injured their bowling would look much more solid with him there.

I genuinely hope they make the quarters and do so by beating at least one more Test nation... Put a real rocket up the ICC
It would probably have been Zimbabwe they were targeting before the tournament as a way of saying to the ICC 'look, we are better than Zimbabwe and less politically unstable'. Yesterday was a big one for them. If they do go on to beat Zimbabwe, and someone like Pakistan, and of course the UAE, they will have won 4 out of 6. That's probably more than what England will end up with. Can't see them getting near South Africa or India.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
think Ireland will chase this down no worries. still quite a lot more to get than they'd have been hoping at 131-6!

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ireland beat West Indies, West Indies beat Zimbabwe, if UAE beat Ireland then UAE > Ireland, West Indies and Zimbabwe. [HASHTAG]#UAE4QuarterFinals[/HASHTAG]

Users who are viewing this thread