Future of team WESTINDIES

Mona brothers

School Boy Cricketers
Online Cricket Games Owned
What do u think about the future of team westindies they are getting white washed in each and every tour.. THEY ARE HOSTING THE WORLDCUP TOO..
Recent results after ICC CHAMPIONS TROPHY

Played won lost
Westindies 23 3 19

ALL WASH OUT 0-5,0-3,1-4, WHAT IS THE FUTURE OF GREAT OLD CARRIBEANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Future stars:

Dwayne Smith
Dwyane Bravo
Darren Powell (If he improves over time, and becomes more disciplined)
Tino Best (If he gives his attitude at 150 degree shift)
Ramneresh Sarwan

Its still a good team. I don't think the Hinds brothers are very young, but they are valuable assets for the team, and if they can play well past 2007 it can only be good.

All of the West Indian players should have atleast one stint at the English County. It'll get them in shape, and also give theme experience. Playing county in WI won't do them any good.

But that doesn't mean any particular English domestic side would actually want to offer many of them a contract...

I fear that Brian Charles Lara may be the last world class player from the west indian isles for a very long time. Hopefully some of these young guns are going to deliver and prove me wrong.

As an aside, why have the West Indian pitches flattened out so much over the years ? Have they been falling behind on relaying or what ?

ritwik said:
I fear that Brian Charles Lara may be the last world class player from the west indian isles for a very long time. Hopefully some of these young guns are going to deliver and prove me wrong.

As an aside, why have the West Indian pitches flattened out so much over the years ? Have they been falling behind on relaying or what ?

I'm not sure. Acccording to lots of stuff i've red the kids in the Carribean aren't interested in Cricket anymore, they are interested in football and basketball. Also i've heard domestic cricket is very unpopular.

Dwayne Bravo is definitely the future of the West Indies, he will be the one to bring them back, if they do.

Perhaps success of the national team can bring the kids back towards cricket. Also, the proceeds from the world cup would be welcome to the WICB I am sure.

I think there is still plenty of support for the game in the West Indies, but inter-island rivalry and politicking, not to talk about the disputes between former greats do not allow it to move into the future.

Gayle is a big diffrence for me.
Only 26
aggressive opener with a triple hundred.
good accurate offspin bowler.
great slip fielder.

RoboRocks said:
Gayle is a big diffrence for me.
Only 26
aggressive opener with a triple hundred.
good accurate offspin bowler.
great slip fielder.

Yeah, unbelievably talented, but he can be pretty temperamental at times, as can most of the side, which reflects why they're so inconsistent in their approach. (Well, consistent really, they always lose :p)

ritwik said:

That's another of the reasons attributed to their downfall. With all the grounds undergoing major refurbishments for the world cup hopefully this problem can be somewhat fixed.

I was reading recently that a new pitch has been produced at the Queens Park Oval in Trinidad which was a lot faster and had a lot more bounce than the previous pitch.

The West Indies are a very good example of a team that needs to be sending some of its young guns overseas to play in tougher competitions.

Yes, possibly its most promising youth, it may be benficial for a minor stint in the English Domestic Tournament. (Not many would be signed, though) But, the key thing there is the fact that they can't overdo it. That county season is unbelievably clustered, rushed and doesn't allow for quality preparation/rest, so if that was always used, the players would fall into the similar West Indian culture of inconsistency, reluctance to play and a temperamental attitude about the amount of cricket. A variety of overseas experiences might be alright though...They could possibly even implement some sort of compulsary roster where the players, they deem necessary, go off into certain countries to have short stints.

The WC should increase some interest among people in the Carribean. But that depends on how WI perform in the series.

Users who are viewing this thread