Game has vastly improved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hadn't played the game for about a month. Put it into my 360 and connected it up to the internet to get latest patch. The game now plays as I had hoped that it would when I first bought it, (and how I hoped it would play during the wait for it's release). Whereas before I was just trying to hit every ball on the back foot with no defence shots whatsoever. My 'normal' shots sometimes went higher and farther than my 'six hit' shots. I couldn't get the ball past the bowler with a straight drive. Cut shots went in the air. Don't think that I got one cover drive to the boundary. Usually got out caught and bowled or on the boundary by a superhuman catch.

But now I'm playing the game as it should really be played. Playing every delivery on it's own merit. Defending shot's.......the square cut fizzes to the rope along the ground.....a well timed cover drive can pierce the fielders....straight drives are a joy as I see them bisect mid on and mid off. Late cuts and paddling the ball 'around the corner' off the pads to fine or long leg are brill too. Cartwheeling stumps are a joy to behold too (unless I'm batting!!). Bowling seems better too....seems to be more movement through the air....or it may be because I can be bothered to shine the ball now!!

Can't stop playing the game now.

adikal

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
AI batting is still horrible though. :( I played several T20 matches on veteran difficulty with the latest patch (on my PS3) and the AI still had trouble pacing innings when setting a target or chasing. Won comfortably when I shouldn't have due to clueless (w.r.t match situation) batting from the AI. I suppose I should move to playing online but need to take out time for that.

D

Dutch

Can't stop playing the game now.

You can however stop posting now though.........bye.[DOUBLEPOST=1414695440][/DOUBLEPOST]
AI batting is still horrible though. :( I played several T20 matches on veteran difficulty with the latest patch (on my PS3) and the AI still had trouble pacing innings when setting a target or chasing. Won comfortably when I shouldn't have due to clueless (w.r.t match situation) batting from the AI. I suppose I should move to playing online but need to take out time for that.

I bat for both sides.....get realistic scores and situations: Ideal? No. Enjoyable? Immensely.

For all clarity Mr Alderman had a number of other accounts and seems to be unclear as to whether he actually owns the game or not. Ah well, sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread