Game runs very slow on PC

Lucky Luke

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi,

I found problems while running the game on my pc. The intro animations, cursor movements are smooth but when i try batting in the nets or play a match, the game runs very slow. the player animations are not smooth at all. It becomes difficult to control the batsman's shots and timing.

Is my pc configuration not up to the game's requirement? I use windows 2000 on a p4 1.6 ghz. with 512 mb ram and 32 mb onboard s3 graphics card. The detailed configuration is as follows:

Operating System: Windows 2000 Professional (5.0, Build 2195) Service Pack 4
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: KOBIAN
System Model: PVM266aM
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.60GHz, ~1.6GHz
Memory: 480MB RAM
Page File: 480MB used, 305MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINNT
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.0001.0904 32bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR
Manufacturer: S3 Graphics, Inc.
Chip type: S3 ProSavage DDR
DAC type: S3 SDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_5333&DEV_8D04&SUBSYS_8D045333&REV_00
Display Memory: 32.0 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (75Hz)
Monitor: SyncMaster 793DF/793MB
Monitor Max Res: 1280,1024
Driver Name: s3gnb.dll
Driver Version: 6.13.0010.1100 (English)
DDI Version: 8

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
your display memory is 32MB which is very low for latest games !
nothing wrong with your processor and RAM Though.

i suggest you change the video settings of the game to the LOWEST
and see if its works :)

Cowburn199

International Coach
Yeah do what jk16_4 said. If it doesn't work then buy a new computer :)

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
At the very least download the latest drivers for your Graphics card and see if that makes any difference. I see you're running version 6.13.0010.1100. The latest version is 6.14.10.0033-13.94.33 and is available for download here.

Lucky Luke

School Cricketer
Thanks Burma and JK. I'll do as you say. In fact i'm already downloading the latest drivers as suggested by Burma. As for the replies provided by Maxkarter, Pentagram and Cowburner..well..i request you to refrain from such messages which are of no help in solving the problem. I do not think that i need to buy a new 'computer'. Maybe i need a new graphics card or such but i dont think i need to buy a new monitor or cpu or a keyboard or a mouse. Nor do i need to change the game since the game is playable on my computer but maybe with a tweak in configuration or settings. So guys, if you cant help then you better not waste your time with such attrocious pieces of advice

Cowburn199

International Coach
Lucky Luke said:
Thanks Burma and JK. I'll do as you say. In fact i'm already downloading the latest drivers as suggested by Burma. As for the replies provided by Maxkarter, Pentagram and Cowburner..well..i request you to refrain from such messages which are of no help in solving the problem. I do not think that i need to buy a new 'computer'. Maybe i need a new graphics card or such but i dont think i need to buy a new monitor or cpu or a keyboard or a mouse. Nor do i need to change the game since the game is playable on my computer but maybe with a tweak in configuration or settings. So guys, if you cant help then you better not waste your time with such attrocious pieces of advice
The whole new computer was not meant to be taken litterally. Geez relax a bit

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
S3 graphics card will be the problem, you should be able to pick up a half decent replacement for around ?30-50, anything will be better than s3

pentagram

Banned for Account Faking
i am really sorry lucky. i should be ashamed of myself.

langerrox

International Coach
sorry to be rude luke, but your pc isnt up to scratch for games at the moment to get good quality and performance ull need to upgrade ur pc

Lucky Luke

School Cricketer
Burma, i installed the latest drivers but unfortunately, that didnt help. JK, the lowest resolution the game allows me is 800x600 with all visual effects turned off and the game still runs slow.

Apologies accepted from cowburn and pentagram. We r friends now :)

Kevmead, I agree with you that i need a better display card. My pc meets the minimum requirements of the game, the only grey area being the display card as S3 isn't mentioned in the list of supported graphics cards by EA.

Would someone recommend an ideal graphics card?

Thanks folks.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Lucky Luke said:
Kevmead, I agree with you that i need a better display card. My pc meets the minimum requirements of the game, the only grey area being the display card as S3 isn't mentioned in the list of supported graphics cards by EA.

Would someone recommend an ideal graphics card?

Thanks folks.
Well, I wouldn't spend too much on a card as there is only so far you are going to go with your system (Like mine its nearing the end of its useful life), I would recommend one of the ATI radeon cards, which one depends on your budget.

Users who are viewing this thread