'Games for Laptops'

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've noticed Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 around under this 'Games for Laptops' range. Am I right in thinking that these games will all run on an ordinary desktop PC, but are called 'Games for Laptops' because they'll run well on laptops? It comes with both Exp packs, so it's effectively the Deluxe version, but I can't find the 'ordinary' Deluxe version in stock anywhere (new or second hand, but only if there's a store where you can pick it up, such as CEX).

Anyone had experience with 'Games for Laptops'?

Thanks in advance for any help. :)

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
I'd think that it basically means its compatible with an Intel Chipset Graphics Chip, considering that's what in mass majority of them laptops! :laugh

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Have they made the disks smaller or something? They mention 'smaller packages'. Wouldn't work on my system if that's the case.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
I just thought Smaller Packages meant a smaller case, I had imagined a CD case rather than a DVD case (an obvious money saving device), but yeah the small discs play fine in normal DVD drives.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
The reason I'm cautious is most DVD drives strongly advise against the use of smaller disks, or unusually shaped disks.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
There's no reason to have a problem with a smaller disc as long as you insert it correctly. Odd shaped discs maybe, as they could be unbalanced.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Most likely they aren't on mini CD's anyhow as iirc they only hold about 180Meg. And as you mentioned the game coming with expansion packs included, by guess is that even a old game would need more than that.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3
Don't do it. RCT3 sucks massively compared to the first two, adding the 3D ruined what was a good game.

The reason I'm cautious is most DVD drives strongly advise against the use of smaller disks, or unusually shaped disks.
The only time I've had problems with odd shaped discs was a 'MCD Video Card' I bought once, which was rectangular and made a huge noise when it was spun quickly. The mini-CDs/DVDs are fine, though try to line it up with the middle if you have a slot loading drive (which aren't all that common).

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Don't do it. RCT3 sucks massively compared to the first two, adding the 3D ruined what was a good game.

The only time I've had problems with odd shaped discs was a 'MCD Video Card' I bought once, which was rectangular and made a huge noise when it was spun quickly. The mini-CDs/DVDs are fine, though try to line it up with the middle if you have a slot loading drive (which aren't all that common).

Thanks.

I've played the demo of RC3 and I like it - a lot, so I know I wouldn't be taking a chance on whether the game works and whether I'd like it or not.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

Most likely they aren't on mini CD's anyhow as iirc they only hold about 180Meg. And as you mentioned the game coming with expansion packs included, by guess is that even a old game would need more than that.

Good point.

Users who are viewing this thread