GCSEs

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
The main aim of GCSE's is so that everyone can leave school with some kind of qualification. In the case of those wishing to go onto Sixth Form , GCSE's are the qualification, if you like, that you require to get into Sxith Form, usually 5 A*- C grades or more.
True, that's why I said my GCSEs don't matter much, because I've already got a guaranteed place.

However, the top universities do look for GCSEs though. For example, it is said that Oxbridge requires at least 5-6 A*s, and it is widely establised that you need 7A*s to get into LSE. Though people can still get in without having excellent GCSEs....

Animator!

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
True, that's why I said my GCSEs don't matter much, because I've already got a guaranteed place.

However, the top universities do look for GCSEs though. For example, it is said that Oxbridge requires at least 5-6 A*s, and it is widely establised that you need 7A*s to get into LSE. Though people can still get in without having excellent GCSEs....

Oh aye, Good GCSE results can help, but the vast majorities will not refer to your GCSE's results.
The current supposed order of things is;
A-Level Results.
Personality/Interview responce.
Class background.
GCSE Results.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It seems a bit old fashioned to base university places on class background, doesn't it?

Animator!

School Cricketer
Oh it's swung the other way. Blair has been promoting universities to offer places to Lower Class students with the same or slightly lower UCAS points ahead of the Middle class.

Apparently, it's equality.

hassan

International Coach
yeah i know .. Unis like Oxford and Cambridge also look at your background... thats just stupid.. how can a person from lower class get in and he/she could be like better than all others so its basically stupidity

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Oh it's swung the other way. Blair has been promoting universities to offer places to Lower Class students with the same or slightly lower UCAS points ahead of the Middle class.

Apparently, it's equality.

Yep, a really intellgent way of ignoring improving state schools.

Disclaimer: I go to private school :)

Animator!

School Cricketer
I'm just of that view that it should be totally on marks. The university isn't there to supply a class harmony system, it's there so those who want to, have tried hard enough and our intelligent enough in their specific area can further their education.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Mwuhahahaha!!!

I have finished!!

I did Physics which completes 6 hours and 45 minutes of Triple Science and I had French reading and writing.

Now, it's 3 months of sitting on my perfectly formed ass! (If I can be bothered to wake up, that is.)

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
The feeling is mutual ! No more school for nearly 3 months, no pressure, no stress, no work. Oh, this is just awesome. I love doing nothing !

Bilal91

International Coach
I got an F on my Geography coursework. How much do you have to do? I worked for flaming hours on that!! Argh!! Now I have to do at least 80% on the exam or I don't get the "C" I want.

lol...i don't know the feeling...never ever got below a C in anything...lol...got a B in my geography coursework and i did like more than 50 pages...

Bilal91

International Coach
well mine isn't definitely a 'B' cos our teacher is a really strict marker...it can go up...and yours might have been easier...what exam board u doin???

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
My Media Studies coursework (the infamous 'Nike Anytime' vid I made) consisted of about 12 pages of write up in total. That doesn't seem like much, but when your only required to write 3 then it definitely does. Media is easy, but I still love it. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread