Get Behind Irish Cricket Team

irishcricketfan

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
a couple of cracking vids here

YouTube - cricketirelandtv's Channel

How do you think the lads are going to do this time around - have they any chance of repeating the amazing scenes 4 years ago in the caribbean?

I hope that all you Test playing nation supporters will make Ireland your second favorite side at least!!!

All the best

harrisb

International Coach
Hmm, we might need Joyce back seeing as Morgan has got himself injured. :p

GreatSixer

School Cricketer
no chance this time mate...they can't repeat the same history again....but the history of 1992 WC Will be repeated

irishcricketfan

School Cricketer
I'd disagree, check out our big win against Zimbabwe today!

The mighty boys in green are out to spring some more suprises in the 2011 Cricket World Cup just you trust me

Gowan the lads!

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Good luck Ireland to cause another upset like you did in 2007 WC but it must be pretty difficult to cause an upset in the pool of giants.

1iram1

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Good luck in all your matches Ireland!!!(except for the game against Bangladesh:p)

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I'd disagree, check out our big win against Zimbabwe today!

The mighty boys in green are out to spring some more suprises in the 2011 Cricket World Cup just you trust me

Gowan the lads!

See, the people here believe teams who have been tagged as 'minnows' can't really do anything. It is of no use telling them. Irish are a very good unit, loved the confidence they showed in 2007. I expect them to do something good this time round as well. :thumbs

Owzat

International Coach
Good luck Ireland to cause another upset like you did in 2007 WC but it must be pretty difficult to cause an upset in the pool of giants.

The planners have made as sure as they can against another couple of surprises. It was too easy last World Cup, the two "big guns" in the group faced each other and if a minnow beat the LOSER of that game then they could beat a fellow minnow to go through

So when Sri Lanka beat India it took only a one-off win by Bangladesh and for them to hold their nerve against the Triangle of Bermuda and India were screwed.

When hosts windies beat Pakistan and Ireland skittled Pakistan before sneaking home, that left the tournament without the two big Asian sides and a lot of red faces on the part of TV and the organisers - red with embarrassment and anger in equal measure.

This time they have given the big guns every chance of going through in what for me is the best format since 1992. The "super" stages have been scrapped, it is similar to the 1996 format from what I can tell bar bigger groups with more minnows by invitation. England, South Africa and India will be expected to go through from group B, I don't suppose for the QF stage the organisers or TV will care who else goes through as long as those three do. The other group they'll be keen that Australia and Sri Lanka go through, probably Pakistan too and then New Zealand.

Users who are viewing this thread