Getting Wickets in Test matches

Laky

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Does anyone know some good tips of how to get wickets in test matches. I can do good against county and state teams but bad against international teams. I got Nottingham all out for 0!!

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
get on a spinner and crowd the batsman with close in fielders

he will knick some catches too em rather often

also a leg spinner is prefered

The_Bullet

School Cricketer
This is true (unfortunately imo), as the unmodded game is weighted far too much towards spinners (maybe unintentionally).However, getting an edge/ lbw or bowling a batsman with a quickie is very satisying if you have the patience, and resist the temptation of predominantly using spinners.:D

madmattg

International Cricketer
Play it like a real game.

Everyone is after the quick wickets, or flow of wickets. Then complains that the game is to easy.

It is a test match.

Have patience. Play as a real captain.

brad352

Executive member
Problem is, no one wants to bowl 120 overs on a hard pitch for a couple of wickets- I'm lazy so I autoplay :)

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Originally posted by brad352
Problem is, no one wants to bowl 120 overs on a hard pitch for a couple of wickets- I'm lazy so I autoplay :)

yeah it does get boring but i just think while once its done i can spend this long in bat! Plus i have to bowl because of my story and posting the stats as screenshots. Most i have bowled so far is about 70 overs though i have batted for about 130 overs before.

madmattg

International Cricketer
Autosim.

Hey why not just play cricket captain then instead of cricket 2004

brad352

Executive member
Cause I want to bat, and I would bowl if it wasn't so bloody easy and unrealistic- I got sick of chasing about 60 to win.

brad352

Executive member
I've got the patches (Ravi's- V9) - i bowled 5 overs in 2 separate games on normal pitches and took 3 wickets in both, after that I just autoplayed it, and anyway I mostly play online- I only started the domestic season to have something to do between games.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Originally posted by whiteninness
get on a spinner and crowd the batsman with close in fielders

he will knick some catches too em rather often

also a leg spinner is prefered

Use my stroke editor and alter the vertical settings for the bat pad strokes so that the ball is more likely to hit the ground than constantly fly high in the air for easy catches (increase the value) - by doing this I hardly ever get a bat pad catch which makes bowling more challenging

duffarama

Chairman of Selectors
In test matches I usually get teams out in about 80 overs with both pace and spin bowlers. I usually go for about 2.5 an over because as everyone knows, you have to vary your bowling and be patient!

knight-007

School Cricketer
Also having an aggressive field with a ton of slips and using your fast bowlers to bowl out swing just out side the off stump works as well. It is also good to vary the occasional delivery with a in swinger.

naynesh

School Cricketer
well i tried the tutsi patch played on hard and medium mode..and i havnt been avle to get more than 2 wikets in 70 overs! once the batsman is set he hits each and every ball 4 a boundary!!
its so annoying i havnt got any wikets in the slips, the CPU just cooly plays a late cut and the ball goes to the boubdary through the stupid slip fielders!

Users who are viewing this thread