Gilchrist could retire from ODIs to extend Test Career (:D)

Animator!

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Nah, age is clearly effecting his 'Keeping, but it was always going to happen. It's just what happens, he's done well to play as much, and as well as he has till now. You can just tell, his footwork isn't as light as it was, and he did sometime struggle down the leg side, particulaly diving, and he is beginning to miss the very occaisional chance, which he never used too. But, tbf it was always going to happen, it's not his ability to decreasing, he just has to get used to what his body will allow him.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Barring that Century and one against Bangladesh, he's been poor for the last two years at least, averaging something like 30. If that's the best you can manage then I suggest that Australia haven't got the strength in depth that some of you like to make out they have.

There is depth in the keeping Haddin is more than capable of stepping up. It's just a case of the selectors not biting the bullet.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Nah, age is clearly effecting his 'Keeping, but it was always going to happen. It's just what happens, he's done well to play as much, and as well as he has till now. You can just tell, his footwork isn't as light as it was, and he did sometime struggle down the leg side, particulaly diving, and he is beginning to miss the very occaisional chance, which he never used too. But, tbf it was always going to happen, it's not his ability to decreasing, he just has to get used to what his body will allow him.

It's effected his batting, but certainly not his keeping. I think that during the time that his batting has gone down, his keeping has got much better.

iloveireland

Panel of Selectors
I hope Gilly plays until he is 50. He is Australia's best keeper at the moment and while he feels up to it and want to play he should play. At least until he isn't our best keeper.

Users who are viewing this thread