Grand Prix-F1

No refuelling. Good or bad?

• Total voters

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Anybody watch the Indy500? That crash by Englishman Mike Conway was horrendous. He is very lucky to walk away with just a broken leg.

Last edited by a moderator:

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
It was not Webber's fault. It was 90% Vettels fault. He moved too far back. Webber had his right to defend and there was definately room for Vettel and he had not yet overtaken him. Anyway, hopefully Alonso can win the next race.

P

pcfan123

Anybody watch the Indy500? That crash by Englishman Mike Conway was horrendous. He is very lucky to walk away with just a broken leg.

Wow that was brutal. Indy is a hell of a lot faster than F1 but thats about it. 240 mph on the straights.

Last edited by a moderator:

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
2 thousandth's of a second costs Alonso pole position in yesterday's qualifying. I thought Alonso had it when he put in a 1:13:900 or something like that in his first run but Vettel put in a monster of a lap to put in a lap time of 1:13:791 before Alonso put in a 1:13:793 on his final lap of qualifying but the Ferrari's are splitting the Red Bull's as the grid lines up as Vettel, Alonso, Massa, Webber followed by the 2 McLarens and Kubica.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Rubbish. Absolute Rubbish. As the BBC have pointed out multiple times, that was clearly team orders between Alonso and Massa. Even watching this post match interview now, even Massa who is trying not to answer the questions about it, clearly knows that it was team orders which made him let Alonso pass. The way Smedley (sp?) gave the orders even he was resigned to the fact he knew he was handing out team orders.

I used to be a big Ferrari fan, but am disgusted by what they have done.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
I think one big difference between today and Austria 2002 was that Schumacher then had absolutely no chance of winning then unless Barrichello allowed him to pass. Alonso today certainly had the chance, since there was over 10 laps remaining and Alonso was posting considerably quicker laps than Massa.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
The other difference is that they didn't have a rule for it then in 2002, where it is quite clearly written in the rule book now.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Ofcourse Ferrari have done enough to suggest it cannot be proved it was direct team orders. Its basically a case wherein the stewards may not be able to penalise unless Massa complains or accepts to being ordered to make way. Which he hasn't.

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
Yeah, but that's as good as not having a rule in place. It was quite blatantly orders to let Alonso through.

Gutted for Massa.

Manly

Thor
It's gonna be obvious when they look at the telemetry, Massa won't have been going at it as hard after the message.

In summary: Ferrari = pricks.

Shaun Tait

Club Cricketer
Wow do you think the race should be redone if they could do it?

Would you strip Alonso and Massa of points earned in this race?

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Because they broke the rules I think that they should be given a 25 second penalty as they have done quite a bit recently.

They should just allow them to do it openly because you aren't going to stop it and the sport has been built on a history of the races being played out in an team orientated way.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
There was no actual direct order to let Alonso through. Massa was told that Alonso was going faster than he was. There was no "Let Alonso through. It is best for the team". I don't think they should have been penalised any points. I think the $100,000 fine for Ferrari was enough of a penalty.

Anyway, looking forward for tonights race. Like always, Red Bull on the front row.

Users who are viewing this thread