World Cup Group B - Pool Matches Discussion Thread

Hope Dhoni would indeed peak as usual at the right time for us.

more than form or luck dhoni neds to find an answer for slow bouncers and short pitch balls at death, even thoguh he is not bad against short balss he cant score as much as he does at death as usual and will limit his scoring effectively, needs to find a power pull or warner smash,

I feel Rahane might have to open for India if we play in tougher batting conditions (e.g. Perth). Rahane showed today that he can damage the opposition if he gets enough time in the middle. I think Rohit might need to be moved down the order. Rohit can be more lethal in the end overs.

nah, rohit eats up too many balls to get going. keep it as it is.

I think the batting order is perfectly fine and shouldnt be fiddled around with. Dhoni is simply put, out of form. There is no easy workaround for that, except him batting himself back in form.

Rahane is better than Rohit for opening in any conditions.
When it comes to the slog hitting , Rohit is our best shot at it. With the variety of shots he has , Rohit can destroy any lineup any given day.

I feel Rahane might have to open for India if we play in tougher batting conditions (e.g. Perth). Rahane showed today that he can damage the opposition if he gets enough time in the middle. I think Rohit might need to be moved down the order. Rohit can be more lethal in the end overs.
yes.:yes

Btw we're shorten by 15-20 runs. The lower order suck big times in major events, I remember this has been the replay of what happened in 2011's cup. Anyway it should be a safe total if we can tighten SA batsmen in first 20 overs. The thing is now if we can win here, it'll be evident that India have actually prepared to retain trophy and being on a right track.

I don't think we have enough to let the spinners bowl now, either bowl a spin-seam combination or seam only. If we get de Villiers early it will be a major breakthrough for us. Followed by their choking!

I just pray.... just pray..... that we are not peaking too early here. This is a friggin' almighty thrashing to one of the pre-tournament favorites in conditions considered to be aiding them, not us.

I just feel India might have fooled us with their performances in the tri-series. It was probably intentional. Just want to know what others think now about India's prospects in this tournament. Already one guy (Shaun Pollock) accepted on commentary that India has surprised him this tournament.

Our fielding was terrific today! Converted 3s to 2s and 2s to run-outs.

Shami needs to let Ashwin get a 4-fer here. The guy has bowled absolutely brilliant so far in both these games. He just needs more wickets under his name for his efforts. He started off expensive today in his first over as Faf tried to unsettle him, but just how well did he come back from that!

I don't think we have enough to let the spinners bowl now

Nice bit of reverse jinxing there. Keep up the good work :cheers

I just feel India might have fooled us with their performances in the tri-series. It was probably intentional. Just want to know what others think now about India's prospects in this tournament.

I think India is fooling us in the World Cup instead. Let's see how we end up on the points table - we will be out the moment we meet Australia. Knockouts are a different ballgame completely.

From the moment he started flighting the ball, he has been threatening. Earlier he was bowling flat and was being hit.

Done and dusted!!!! India smash South Africa by 130 runs. This is an epic performance!! One of the most satisfying victories. Better than the one vs Pakistan.

If there is one guy who needs some work, its Yadav. He has the pace to rattle batsmen, but he is wayward at the start of the innings. But I am quite liking this new ball combination of Yadav and Shami, complemented by the frugal nature of Mohit. Finally we seem to be having an all out new ball pace attack. Wonder how they will fare when India bowls first.

Well that was a pleasant surprise. I thought we will lose before the start of the match but we dominated the match. The only concern is our lower order batting which is horribly out of touch. Dhoni and Jadeja who have done so well for India in the last 10 overs in the last few years look completely out of form. Both of them really need some match practice.

Users who are viewing this thread