Group D (England, Ireland, West Indies) - 10th Match Ireland v England

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ireland did bowl and field better than the West Indies, but we're playing on a completely different pitch that no-one has found any timing on. Zimbabwe and New Zealand struggled on it, and now England have struggled too. Morgan couldn't even find timing after being in for a long time. This is a different pitch to the one used yesterday and it shows. It's tacky on top, it's turning and it's much slower. 191 wouldn't have been possible even with Rampaul and Pielard bowling.

This is spot on.

Take note WestIndian and stop with the rubbish that you're coming up with.

Brook

Club Captain
It's not going to be the same though, because Ireland didn't get a stupidly good start.

Brook added 3 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

Seriously though this tournament isn't very enjoyable at the moment, all we're seeing is rain affected matches. Dull.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Brilliance from Lumb. Magnificent catch, the best I've seen so far. The Rob Key Look-a-like goes back for 0; Nick Knight still hasn't seen Stirling make a run.

D

Dutch

What.A.Catch!
Game on! Can Ireland do a Zimbabwe......:p

Excellent tight bowling by these two......

Last edited by a moderator:

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Should be an easy win by the looks of it. The pitch looks awful for the batsmen to time it and the Irish aren't going to find it any easier than England did.

Lol talking about it being diffucult to time it and he hits two perfectly time boundaries in a row.

Sidebottoms bowling too full here. Bang it in a bit and even the best will struggle to time it.

Last edited:
D

Dutch

Should be an easy win by the looks of it. The pitch looks awful for the batsmen to time it and the Irish aren't going to find it any easier than England did.

England must remain disciplined though...not like that Sidey! Jeez.....all the hard work gone.............

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
27 need of 5 Overs.. If rain come..

Dabi

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

I feel this will go down to the wire. These Irish are tough and won't go down without a fight. Plus I don't think the pitch is "awful" or anything. Just difficult to bat on but chasing only 120, with a super 8 berth on the line, I think the Irish will bat out of their skins and it would be very close!

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
I feel this will go down to the wire. These Irish are tough and won't go down without a fight. Plus I don't think the pitch is "awful" or anything. Just difficult to bat on but chasing only 120, with a super 8 berth on the line, I think the Irish will bat out of their skins and it would be very close!

I'm not saying the pitch is awful as in below standard its just very slow and two paced which will make it very hard to time it; And I think Ireland will find it very hard as long as Sidebottom doesn't keep offer full length balls and balls down legside.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Oh yeah, forgot to mention it, Sidebottom's tweaking terrible. Been a toothless International bowlers for 18 months and needs to be binned. Get Jimmy back in the side, much better bowler. Sidey's past it, might as well have Hoggard in the side.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
I've been a fan of Sidebottom and always thought that he'd come back from his injury and recapture of his form. I think its time he was left now as there are various youngsters coming through who look significantly better than Sidebottom's current bowling.

How Nick Knight is saying that Sidebottom should stay in the team and Broad remain is beyond me. Broad's just came off the back of a decent game for Notts and is bowling better than Sidebottom is.

Dabi

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm not saying the pitch is awful as in below standard its just very slow and two paced which will make it very hard to time it; And I think Ireland will find it very hard as long as Sidebottom doesn't keep offer full length balls and balls down legside.

No doubt it'll be difficult to time but when you know it's only 120, you can chase that by just hitting the gaps. However this is all academic now, thye won't be playing the full quota of overs, shame really, either way it was going to be close.

Personally I feel this has been by far the least impressive T20 WC, not in terms of the cricket on display (after watching IPL, any int. cricket would seem excellent) but in terms of everything else. The management, the crowd (bar the England Windies game) and the pitches. I seriously feel international tournaments should be hosted in England, SA, Australia and India only. Admittedly Indian pitches are way too batting friendly but other factors partially make up for that.

Dabi added 1 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

Any news from the ground?

Sureshot

Executive member
And there was me thinking that a cricket ground next to a rain-forest in the "wet" season was a good idea.

Again, ICC and WICB proving themselves to be the most idiotic organisations that we could wish to have hosting a tournament.

Users who are viewing this thread