Group D (England, Ireland, West Indies) - 10th Match Ireland v England

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
^^ :laugh Why Morgan? They had many other options for that? Like about half the team!

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
And I am guessing Colly has no more complains about D/L method? I can see where he is coming from, and i hope they invent something new for this new format. It doesnt work for T20.

P

pcfan123

Did you hear DuckWorth defend the system on the Switch Hit show? What an arrogant ass.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Nah i hate hearing bunch of English guys talking cricket! 1st and LAST time i was listening to that 'show' (during English tour of Bangla) I was like, WTF IS THIS! Even though they were saying good stuff about our players, I just could stand it for some reason.

MacLovin added 3 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

btw where is Lewis? Is he Mexican by any chance? :p

Owzat

International Coach
Did you hear DuckWorth defend the system on the Switch Hit show? What an arrogant ass.

What I saw was him explaining how windies were ahead using the system, obviously the plank doesn't get that Collingwood (and others) say it doesn't work because the calculations are skew

Sure the windies has scored a "massive 30 for no loss off 2.2 overs", but they still had 162 off 17.4 to score at over nine an over so they'd only reduced the run-rate by half a run despite the "massive" start and the advantage of fielding restrictions

D/L is massively flawed in ODIs, it's just people accept it as the current best option, but that doesn't mean it is ideal. But the bottom line is D/L ruined a potentially good game of cricket. While plenty of fans may like the biff, bash, bang, whallop that is limited interest, I mean T20 cricket, there is little scope for it to be reduced without making it toss of a coin lottery. I'd like to know how many games of cricket Duckworth can predict the outcome of five overs into the 2nd innings of a one innings per side contest.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Jesus christ. People still not bored of these jokes? Morgan's the only cricketer in the England side with no family ties to England. Lumb is English, Kieswetter has a British mother, as does Pietersen. Morgan did the required years service in County Cricket to qualify to play for England, as he wanted to play a consistently higher standard of cricket, and eventually play Test cricket, which wasn't going to happen with Ireland. People really need to get some new material, as these England having foreigners jokes are becoming increasingly tiresome.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
But the bottom line is D/L ruined a potentially good game of cricket.
Rain ruined a potentially good game of cricket. No matter what score adjustment system you have in place, a 6 over innings has pretty limited potential to be good.

Sureshot

Executive member
Nah this is way too harsh. Guyana historically is known for having rain interrupt cricket. I highly doubt we will see much more interruptions as the tournaments goes on to Barbados & St.Lucia.

You say it's too harsh, then go on to say the exact reason for why it's farcical that the games took place there.

It's bad scheduling, end of.

War

Chairman of Selectors
You say it's too harsh, then go on to say the exact reason for why it's farcical that the games took place there.

It's bad scheduling, end of.

The Windies selectors could never have known whether the rain would have come in Guyana. In all my 15 years of watching cricket from the windies, Guyana's weather is very unpredicatable. Some matches have been interrupted - some haven't. The matches Zimbabwe played earlier this year in March weren't interrupted.

For example. After this T20 World Cup, the windies are hosting the Saffies. May-June. Based on what i understand during those months its rainy season in Guyana & certain other caribbean countries. Thats why i guess the windies selectors gave Guyana especially matches early. No fault on the windies selectors - if you are going to keep games away from Guyana because you afraid of the weather based on what i've seen you probably would never play international matches there :laugh

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Well yes it is there fault because they know that its the Rainy season now in Guyana.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Jesus christ. People still not bored of these jokes? Morgan's the only cricketer in the England side with no family ties to England. Lumb is English, Kieswetter has a British mother, as does Pietersen. Morgan did the required years service in County Cricket to qualify to play for England, as he wanted to play a consistently higher standard of cricket, and eventually play Test cricket, which wasn't going to happen with Ireland. People really need to get some new material, as these England having foreigners jokes are becoming increasingly tiresome.

All true. But lets be fair now KP. The fact that all these foreigners even though they have some british connection playing for England doesn't paint a good picture for our side from an outsiders perspective. It portrays the imagine that our local home grown talent isn't good enough (which is true in some area's).

So basically the jokes/teasing will continue as long as we keep poaching these foreigners unfortunately. Since we surely don't want a scenario where we have a England team where foreigners with british links are more than local English talent.

War added 4 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

Well yes it is there fault because they know that its the Rainy season now in Guyana.

Nah rainy season in Guyana is late May-June if my memory is correct. So technically they where right to give Guyana games based on historically evidence.

WestIndian

vBookie Team

I have been trying to keep away from this bashing of the Guyana and I can't help it! The rainy season does not start here for another month, we have been experiencing a drought in the Caribbean for the last 6 months, it was the worst record on some of the Island for 40 years!!! Guyana is slightly different because of the vast rain forest and they too were not spared the drought, rain is only now coming back so to claim they knew and all that crap is unnecessary no one can predict nature period!! Historically we are in the dry season in the Caribbean until June 1st when the hurricane season starts!!!

Users who are viewing this thread