Story Hampshire Hawks Swoop for County Championship Glory! (Cricket Coach)

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
ssn8ni.gif
TODAY

Ian Ward: Hello and welcome to the highlights of the first days play here at the Rose bowl, where Hampshire are playing host to Kent. It's been a mixed week for Hampshire off the pitch with the shocking departure of Warne, but the signing of Brett Lee has been met with open arms on the south coast. On the pitch however, Hampshire head into this match on the back of a crushing innings vivtory over Warwickshire, wheras Kent battled admirably to force a draw at Old Trafford where Glen Chapple scored a 124 and took 11 wickets in the match. Before we show you the action from today, let's head down to Bob Willis to see how the coin toss went.

Bob Willis: Thanks Ian; The Kent captain Robert Key, who is set to join Hampshire later in the year, has won the toss and he has decided to bowl first on what looks to be a bowlers pitch. When I look at this pitch I can see how hard it is and there is also a very slight hint of green on the wicket. Also, there is quite a bit of cloud cover about which should suit the seamer, so all in all, I think Robert Key has made the right choice.

Ian Ward: Were just about ready to show you the action from today, but first let's look at how the two teams line-up:

minicricketcoach2006071812224262le3.png

As you can see, Hampshire's new signings are still away on international duty but their side is still very strong, but Kent aren't going to give them an easy ride.

Join us after the break for comprehensive highlights of the first day.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
ssn8ni.gif
TODAY

Ian Ward: It's been a rain affected day here at the Rose Bowl, but Hampshire have ended the day on top as they finished on 214/2, with Michael Brown on 92*, and Kevin Pietersen was once again in the runs, with 85*. Kent were on top at one stage having had Hampshire at 46/2, but a fantastic partnership from Pietersen and Brown gave the initiative to Hampshire.

Close of Play Day 1, Scorecards:

summaryud1.png

hampshireinningsye5.png

Players Of The Day:

browntp1.jpg

Brown: Dogged and Determined for his 92 runs so far.

kpkb7.jpg

Pietersen: Looked in superb form; Good news for England.

Ian Ward: Well that's it for our highights package of the first day, be sure to tune in tomorrow to see if Hampshire can build on their advantage.

Last edited:

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
cracking thread, still enjoying this mate, im sure mine will conquer yours soon enough :P

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
ssn8ni.gif
TODAY

Ian Ward: Hello and welcome to the Rose Bowl for highlights of the second days play of the Liverpool Victoria County Championship match between Hampshire and Kent. Hampshire have dominated today's play as they ammassed a huge 523/6, and then took 3 quick wickets to leave Kent reeling at 26/3 at the close of play. Michael Brown fell short of his century as he was bowled on 97 by Martin Saggers, but Kevin Pietersen continued his fine form by scoring 231* in a superb innings. Captain Graham Thorpe also chiped in with a gritty 59 before edging behind off Dexter. Kent's reply got off to a bad start as James Bruce was on a hat-trick at one stage when he dismissed Robert Key and nightwatchman Min Patel in consectutive deliveries. Shaun Udal also took the wicket of Walker in the last over of the day to leave Hampshire in an excellent position heading into day 3.

Close of Play Day 2, Scorecards:

summaryiv3.png

hampshireinningskm7.png

kentinningsak7.png

Players of the Day:

kphd0.jpg

Kevin Pietersen: Mesmerising batting display.

thorpe1br3.jpg

Graham Thorpe: Battled hard for his 59.

bruceoc1.jpg

James Bruce: Bowled well and was unlucky not to get a hat-trick.

Ian Ward: A fine display from Hampshire today and they are red hot favourites to win this match, and who knows, they may even be favourites for eh Championship. Join us tommorrow for all of the action from day 3 of this match, where Hampshire will surley be pressing for victory; or will we see a Kent fightback? Tune in tommorrow to find out.

Last edited:

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Hampshire looking good so far, if they can keep up the pressure they'll be in for a shout, Pietersen looking in fine form!

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
ssn8ni.gif
TODAY

Ian Ward: Hello and welcome to the Rose Bowl for comprehensive highlights of the third days play between Hampshire and Kent. Hampshire are in an exceptionally strong position overnight as they took three quick Kent wickets after they declared their own innings on 513/6. On another extraordinary day here, we have seen the worst and the best of Kent, as they were bowled out for 61 in their first innings and were then forced to follow on. Chris Tremlett, James Bruce and Shaun Udal all claimed 3 wickets each, with Dimitri Mascherenas taking the other. However, Kent foughtback thanks to a half century from Denly at the top of the order, followed by a dogged 49* by Matthew Walker.

Close of Play Day 3, Scorecards:

Summary:
minisummarysm2.png

Kent 1st Innings:
minikent1stinningskb8.png

Kent 2nd Innings:
minikent2ndinningscg8.png

Players of the Day:

udalwc0.jpg

Shaun Udal: Bowled beautifully on a turning wicket.

tremlettsy5.jpg

Chris Tremlett: Bowled with pace and is making the selectors take note.

walkerzp9.jpg

Matthew Walker: Batted patiently for his 49 unbeaten runs.

Ian Ward: That about wraps it up for today but make sure you tune in tommorrow for highlights of the 4th and final day here at the Rose Bowl; will we see another Hampshire victory? Or will we witness a Kent fightback?

Last edited:

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
ssn8ni.gif
TODAY

Ian Ward: Hello and welcome to the Rose Bowl for highlights of the fourth and final day of this Liverpool Victoria County Championship match, between Hampshire and Kent. Hampshire have continued their fantastic early season form, and they have hammered Kent today by an innings and 208 runs. Dimitri Mascherenas was the pick of the Hampshire bowlers as he took 3 wickets, and he was supported by Shaun Udal and James Bruce who took 2 wickets each. Kent will thank Matthew Walker for his 68 which added some respectability to Kent's total, and Geraint Jones played some nice shots in his 23*.

Close of Play Day 4, Scorecards:

Summary:
minisummaryje1.png

Kent 2nd Innings:
minikentinningssz3.png

Players of the Day:

dim1qy4.jpg

Dimitri Mascarenhas: Excellent bowling, 3 deserved wickets.

mattwalkerfh3.jpg

Matthew Walker: One of the few bright sparks of Kent's match.

026442pr6.jpg

Graham Thorpe: Two wins out of two for the new Hampshire Captain.

Ian Ward: Now before we close for the day let's join Bob Willis for the presentation ceromony:

Bob Willis: Thanks Ian, i'm here with the losing captain Robert Key; Robert, what did you make of your teams performance in this match?

Robert Key: Well we didn't bat well enough plain and simple, apart from Matthew Walker we had no solidity in the batting line-up, and if it wasn't for him then we would have been bowled out for less. I just hope Hampshire perform like this when I join them later in the year.

Bob Willis: Thanks for that Robert. I've now got the winning captain Graham Thorpe here beside me. Graham, two wins out of two, you must think that this captaincy business is easy.

Graham Thorpe: Well i'm not sure about that Bob but the team has done brilliantly once again in this match; Kevin Pietersen batted brilliantly and all of the bowlers were superb to give us victory today. If Brett Lee and Adam Gilchrist can hit the ground running next week then there is no doubt that we will be even stronger.

Bob Willis: I now have the man of the match Kevin Pietersen alongside me; Kevin, you batted extraordinary in this match.

Kevin Pietersen: Yeah thanks Bob, I just go out there and play my own game; I like to get after the bowling and I like to score hundreds, but i'm very happy that I got a monster innings in this match, especially with Sri Lanka and Pakistan coming up.

Bob Willis: That concludes the presentation ceremony; back to you Ian.

Ian Ward: Well that about wraps it up for this match folks. Hampshire have completley outplayed Kent here at the Rose Bowl, and with Brett Lee and Adam Gilchrist set to play in the next game, it will be great viewing. Don't miss it!

Last edited:

PhilD123

International Coach
Great win for Hampshire, great knock from Pietersen, what a modest man ;) Good bowling in that first innings by Hamps.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I will update this later in the day guys; I'm not at my house at the moment so I can't play my game until later on!

Thanks for the nice comments too! Keep 'em coming!

gamerkid22

National Board President
wow man ...i saw ur story after few days(i was not well) great one nice to read and well presented :cheers

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
ssn8ni.gif
TODAY

Charles Colville: Hello and welcome to the Rose Bowl for the Liverpool Victoria County Champsionship match between Hampshire and Middlesex. After a long wait, Hampshire have their new stars available to play here so the team is different to the one that won so comprehensivley last week. Andrew Strauss and Ed Smith both make thier Hampshire debuts today, and to add a bit of spice to things, it's against their old team, Middlesex. Let's not forget about the two Australians on show today, because the explosive Adam Gilchrist will keep wicket for Hampshire today, and express pace bowler Brett Lee comes in at the expense of the injured Dimitri Mascarenhas. So let's head straight down to Nasser Hussain for news of the toss and the pitch.

Nasser Hussain: Thanks Charles, the Middlesex captain Johann Louw has won the toss and elected to bat first on what looks like a beauty to bat on; The pitch is very flat and there doesn't seem to be anything in it for the pace bowlers, but it does look very dry so Shaun Udal might be working on this pitch all day. All in all, I think Johann Louw made the right choice, and I think we should see plenty of runs here, but remember, any team with Brett Lee in their attack will not be easy to bat on.

Match Information:

miniteaminformationqe5.png

Charles Colville: Thanks Nasser, well we are just about ready to begin here, so join us after the break to see how Middlesex get on.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Strauss, KP, Gilchrist,Thorpe,Lee.... wow wow...This shd be the unbeatable team..... I think Hamps wont mind in loosing the toss as they have the strongest team....

Its a nice presentation mate!!! :clap :clap :clap

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Great performance there from Hampshire. Kevin Pietersen showing his true class.

Please do not post any copyrighted material here. Once again I suggest you to read the rules of our forum.

Users who are viewing this thread