Has online been fixed? Seriously!!!

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Has anyone tried online recently? I've completed 11 matches out of 11 in the last few days without the disconection bug once! Many boundries hit and alot of wicket in those games too. Cant speak for PS3 as im on live. But seriously, it would be really interesting to see if people who like the game but havn't tried online for ages can now play a full game. i know this thread would be better in the online section. but there has only been one post in there since july! So i wanted to make sure this was actually read.

Blake84

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Today I completed 2 T20s and a 1 dayer on ps3 but also had 7 disconnections in 50 over matches. Hopefully just quitters as they were in the first 5 overs and not really off wickets or boundaries just at random times. Looks promising.

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Really glad to hear that mate. :thumbs
As far as i believe, the bug was just boundries and wickets taken. At least thats what ive read. i had 3 online games a few months ago and got disconected all 3 times once a boundry was hit. But as i said above, 11 games completed in 11. That cant be just me!! Have a "date" tonight with a guy im having a mini t-20 series with. Its 1-1 at the mo and its the best of 3. so should be as exciting as an online game can get!

Last edited:

Blake84

School Cricketer
That sounds cool. It would be good to have a tournament with a few people, maybe even a world cup. I Completed another 50 over game and had 2 that went past the 30 over mark then got quit on. Dont know why they quit after bowling more than 30 overs and they were great matches.
Anyone up for a game tonight.

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
I won the match and the T-20 series 2-1. Needed 5 on the last over with 5 wickets left, but he took hussey on the first ball to leave me just the tail with hopes! Johnson came in and got the 5 with 1 ball left! :p Were playing a 50 over tonight. Im gonna stick my neck out here and say i really think somthings been done with online. :cheers

Last edited:

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Online sounds great but how can you play 100 overs game - surely its takes far too long?

Blake84

School Cricketer
I haven't played a game that's actually gone for 100 overs yet but I just batted out 50 and it took about 2 hours. My oppenent was pretty slow so I reckon if your both pretty quick, skipping through replays etc you could get through a game in 3 hours. It seems to be working well now apart from a few little bugs. It seems strange that they haven't made some sort of announcement that it's fixed. Probably don't want to admit fault in the first place. And when you look at the online stats there are people who have played 500+ games. How long has it been working.

Last edited:

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
The simplest thing to do is just play the first innings. Then as long as you write down both teams and the score you have to chase. Play the other innings whenever you can. 100 overs is WAY WAY to much to play in one hit for sure. But seperating the innings is the best way. You can always set the conditions the same.

----------

I haven't played a game that's actually gone for 100 overs yet but I just batted out 50 and it took about 2 hours. My oppenent was pretty slow so I reckon if your both pretty quick, skipping through replays etc you could get through a game in 3 hours. It seems to be working well now apart from a few little bugs. It seems strange that they haven't made some sort of announcement that it's fixed. Probably don't want to admit fault in the first place. And when you look at the online stats there are people who have played 500+ games. How long has it been working.

Dont know for sure. All i know is its a real shame most people have given up on this game and dont seem fussed about playing online. cos i can tell you now, its a completly different experience. Itys alot of fun, lets put it that way.

bosozoku

School Cricketer
Cool, glad to see some people playing. I guess I'll have to dust off the PS3 and get back online.

Blake84

School Cricketer
Bad news.
Online has not been fixed for ps3. Over the last few days I have not been able to complete 1 game. Some of them are just quitters but there is no doubt there is a disconnection bug. I have sent messages to people and they say they did not quit. We try again and it happens again. It can happen at anytime. Sometimes on the first boundary, 10 overs in, 30 overs in and not just off boundaries or wickets it can happen anytime. I dont know how I managed to complete a few games. Are they working on fixing it or is this just how it's always been. It's going to be hard to go back to facing that ai bowling and field settings. I cant believe this game found another way to let me down.

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Thats a real bummer to hear. Since my last disconection, (about 3 months ago) ive played somewhere like 350 - 400 overs and not been disconected once. And obviously thats not just a one off for me as my oponents have been able to finish too. Mostly play short versions of the game, but i have finished 3 FULL t-20 games and a FULL 50 over ODI.

Alf Hucker

School Cricketer
Has anyone tried online recently? I've completed 11 matches out of 11 in the last few days without the disconection bug once! Many boundries hit and alot of wicket in those games too. Cant speak for PS3 as im on live. But seriously, it would be really interesting to see if people who like the game but havn't tried online for ages can now play a full game. i know this thread would be better in the online section. but there has only been one post in there since july! So i wanted to make sure this was actually read.

I know a lot of the disconnection problems are down to the player being overseas...australia (very high) usa india etc etc etc there is a boundry glitch in the game that codies need to get patch....ive complained to them until im blue in the tooth.
If you want a non quit game mate add me because im on live as well & never quit...Mitchell 111095 :yes

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
IMO the boundry bug has had somthing done to it. it must have! i played 60 overs back to back the other day and didnt disconect once. Ive played full t20 games with no disconection. and even had a couple of full ODI games without a single disconection. True that it has been against someone in the same country. But theres no way it can just be us that are disconection free!! If you play against a player that knows and understands how cricket is played, this game is a HELL of alot of fun to play online.

mrman80

Club Cricketer
mark or anyone from U.S. let me know if you guys want to give it a shot again.

Users who are viewing this thread