Health/Diet/Weight Loss/Fitness Management

AkshayC

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Say for e.g., if I used to eat 7 chapaatis normally, I reduced it to 5 1/2 to 6.

What if you've got your favorite veggie along with it ? I cant resist myself in that situation :D

cerande

Club Captain
I kinda have the Shravi problem, or the problem he once had I should say. I'm around the high 130/low 140 pound region, but I'm not all that bothered tbh, I'll get to it when I do. ;)

Trust me on this.You will get to it.I was in a similar situation when I was 16.

cerande

Club Captain
I wouldn't say that.:D

I have always been taller so I looked a bit thinner in comparison.I have gained like 22 kgs(I don't know lbs) in last two years without much increase in height.
So I would say I do look better now.There is still a margin for improvement but
I am happy for now.

Gaining weight is so much easier than losing it.:rolleyes

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I've been at both ends of the spectrum. Used to be too chubby, now i'm too skinny. However, let me say this - there are no 'tricks' to losing weight. It is a simple equation, you have to burn more calories than you consume. Only then will your body use the reserve energy (aka your fat) to fuel itself.

I used an app on my phone to track every single thing I ate. Don't remember the name, but it also had estimates for many indian foods that aren't included in western weight loss diets. I ate about 1400-1600 calories a day, and ran about 2-3 miles a day. Lost about 60 lbs over the course of a year and a half.

Now i'm about 130-135lbs. Looking to go to the gym to bulk up again. It is harder to gain 'good weight' than lose weight (imo)

kushy28

Club Cricketer
Walking early in the morning,drink warm water adding lemon and honey on empty stomach,practice yoga for half an hour daily ,have salads and sprouts as snacks and eat normally by taking less oil foods.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Walking early in the morning,drink warm water adding lemon and honey on empty stomach,practice yoga for half an hour daily ,have salads and sprouts as snacks and eat normally by taking less oil foods.

Have started on the lemon water thing with honey. I also add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the lemon water as cayenne pepper is known to boost metabolism (in fact, most of the lemonade cleanse diets for weight loss have cayenne pepper added to the lemonade to boost weight loss). Don't add too much cayenne though, as I heard it can burn your stomach out. Raw and/or organic honey would be best.

kushy28

Club Cricketer
Steam bath and swimming also helps us to loose and control our weight.

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I want to gain good weight, no, I don't have anytime to go to the gym. Does jogging and stuff also helps us in gaining weight? I'm sorry if I sound weird there.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Shouldn't it be simple - eat more than you are eating right now. I have heard that eating more than 2-3 bananas a day helps weight gain. If you love bananas, that's one big way to put on weight

P.s: I envy you!:p

D

Dutch

I want to gain good weight, no, I don't have anytime to go to the gym. Does jogging and stuff also helps us in gaining weight? I'm sorry if I sound weird there.

Any exercise that is of any significance has the tendency to increase weight because muscles are developed, which weigh more than fats, but of course this is only a temporary thing. Once reserves of fat are targeted by the body to convert into energy supplies rather than muscle forming you start to lose weight. If you wish to gain weight you have to work out with weights etcetera and plan your diet around that, turning fats and protiens and carbs into body mass. Aerobic training will of course at a certain point lose you weight....thus running generally will lose you weight, weights will gain it.

There are plenty of very effective weight training routines you can do without hardly any equipment or going to a gym...twenty or thirty minutes a day doing anneffective program will make a real impact in 5 or six weeks....a random example.....

http://voices.yahoo.com/strength-training-home-without-weights-chest-triceps-4617947.html

Last edited by a moderator:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Recently, I got this DVD from Amazon called "Walk away your waistline" by Leslie Sansone. She is pretty famous out here in the United States for her simple, "Walk at home" personal training DVD's. The DVD I got had a resistance band connected to a stomach band that can be used for muscle training and burn more calories. And the reviews on Amazon for her workout DVD's are pretty mind blowing (you can read reviews for Leslie Sansone's workout DVD's on Amazon and all of them are 4+, some even 4.5'ish).

Amazon.com: Walk Away Your Waistline: Leslie Sansone: Movies & TV

I must say, I LOVE ITTTTT!!!! I dont need any equipment, I dont need to go outside to exercise. I dont even need lot of room at home for this. And the exercises are low impact but moderate to above average intensity and is so fun and easy to do. And after a 15 min mile walk, I sweat profusely. All I need to do is follow the pace at which she does on the DVD. Its just not walking. She does various things like kneelifts, kickbacks, front kicks, side steps, etc. And its all too fun! I am yet to weigh myself after 9 days of doing this, but I already feel lighter.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
If you are ridiculously skinny and want to gain some weight, just eat some junk.

If you want to gain muscle, you could do what dutchad suggested but it's most likely a waste of time. I've tried that sort of thing, nothing compares to weights at the gym. You'd see a difference in your muscle after just a few gym sessions.

You'd see this from doing ab exercises. There are no weights or machines you can use for your abs, you have to do things like sit-ups and crunches for those, and it takes MUCH longer to develop abs than biceps, quads or triceps for example.

Users who are viewing this thread