Hexing Up the SAV

sachinisgod

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey Guyz!

This thread is dedicated to hex editing of the SAV file. Let us share all the info that we possess on this thread and make better tournaments and seasons using the this information. Of course if somebody like Prakash or someone who knows how to make editors can take a peek into this info and make a sav editor it will be the best thing.

There have been a few threads of this nature before but their purpose has dwindled somewhere down the line. Hence this new thread meant only for the sharing of all the information regarding the SAV's.

Newbies get a hex-editor first. Hex Workshop or Hackman works fine. then open ur sav files with this editor and take a look at them, just to get an idea what the file looks like(btw every file will look same - all grouped numbers). But nevertheless every file is different.

The knowledgeables please share your knowledge here.

Here's to happy hexing!:drinks

fardin

PC Awards 2005 Most Improved Member
ok sachin i think you came up with some thing good not sure what is it but i am puddy sure it is some thing fun.

sachinisgod

International Cricketer
ok to begin with at the sav file's starting u can see the text that appears in the load menu...u can change this text to make it look whatever u choose(unless its so long that it encroaches Zulfiquar's stats)...but this text will be seen only for the first time u load the sav...after u save again on the same file u will get the original text...

pls make sure that the number of bytes of the sav are not changed...otherwise it won't run and probably the game will crash out to OS

T20

Panel of Selectors
I was thinking about creating a generic match venue changer but it seems the way tournament locations are stored are too specific. any way here are match venues for world series: offset 786245 (10-adelaide, 20-brisbane, 30- cairns....90-Perth etc)

sachinisgod

International Cricketer
even if we do not have a generic venue changer its manageable but the main problem is dates. in some cases(English County Season) the pointer moves chronologically. But in tours - the pointers have been told beforehand which match is to be played after which. so even if we change the dates the matches are played in the order which has been preset - irrespective of the chronological order of new dates.

and regarding world series, here is the initial note i made while investigating its sav:
786188 - Alphabetically First Team Selected (Australia)
786192, 786196,786200 and so on - alphabetically progressing teams

Match Offsets start from 786228

I think what u posted Shailesh - is the start of the string that takes care of dates and venues. also the both venues and dates are controlled by 3 nibbles i.e. 3 hex digits(one separately placed and two as a byte). I will give the members a hint - Adelaide is 100.

sachinisgod

International Cricketer
Teams' Hex Codes

All the 55 teams in C2K4 have their unique hex codes. Here is a list of all the teams and their hex codes.

Australia - 00
Bangladesh - 01
Border - 02
Canada - 03
Canterbury - 04
Derbyshire - 05
Durham - 06
England - 07
Essex - 08
Gauteng - 09
Glamorgan - 10/0A
Gloucestershire - 11/0B
Hamshire - 12/0C
India - 13/0D
Kent - 14/0E
Kenya - 15/0F
Lancashire - 16/10
Leicestershire - 17/11
Middlesex - 18/12
Minor Counties - 19/13
Namibia - 20/14
Netherlands - 21/15
New Southwales - 22/16
New Zealand - 23/17
Northamptonshire - 24/18
Norhtern Districts - 25/19
Nottinghampshire - 26/1A
Pakistan - 27/1B
Queensland - 28/1C
Somerset - 29/1D
South Africa - 30/1E
South Australia - 31/1F
Sri Lanka - 32/20
Surrey - 33/21
Sussex - 34/22
Tasmania - 35/23
Trinidad - 36/24
Victoria - 37/25
Warwickshire - 38/26
West Indies - 39/27
Western Australia - 40/28
Worcester - 41/29
Yorkshire - 42/2A
Zimbabwe - 43/2B
Australia A - 44/2C
India A - 45/2D
Pakistan A - 46/2E
South Africa A - 47/2F
West Indies A - 48/30
Chairman's XI - 49/31
Board President's XI - 50/32
Duke's XI - 51/33
Governor's XI - 52/34
Minister's XI - 53/35
V Chanc's XI - 54/36
All Stars - 55/3A

This information can help to find out the tournament offsets by yourself. Suppose you are playing an Ashes Series - search for 0700 or for 0007 and where u find a cluster of such matches is where the fixtures are listed(whats to be edited).

sachinisgod

International Cricketer
btw shailesh there's a logic the way the stadia have been given their codes...i know the codes, but if you find them urself it will be a much more enjoyable exercise...here's the hint - if a match starts at x byte then take a look at x+17(dec) byte and x+18(dec) byte. The first nibble of x+17 and the whole of x+18 is what you need to look at. Combine this info with what you have found and a piece of info in previous to previous thread and u will be able to decipher the venues.

vibs89

School Cricketer
Also i have 1? i got both of these software Hex Workshop 4.23 is for only 35 days trial and is Hackman Hex Editor 8.01 free or no which versions u use do u pay for that versions or is it for free. I thought this versions is for free.

sachinisgod

International Cricketer
well most hex editors come with such trial period warnings but after the trial period is over still they run just while starting they show the registration request and the time this request is on the screen goes on increasing day by day....

but i think what Prakash has suggested is the best of all, it seems to have better visibility and at the same time has ability to open 2 GB files...so it can open up the gob which workshop cannot...

sachinisgod

International Cricketer
Here are some WC values...take a look.

World Championship Values

Fixture Offset- group A - 786904

Group B- 787324

Users who are viewing this thread