Hindi Cinema Discussion

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Golmaarl-1 was the best. :eek: :laugh:laugh When did that release?

Also Yes it's the same guy Rohit Shetty

He he... I meant the first version.

Anyway saw the trailer. Why KAREENA?? Ewwwwww.... She looks horrible here. Why is she repeated for the sequel? Arshad seems to be losing his ability to invoke geniune laughs. I think this one wont do as well as the previous versions, and maybe the last of the series. Nothing exciting or different.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
kareena looks horrible in most films. :facepalm

just watched the trailer of "Action Replay" and it failed to impress me.

WHY ON EARTH cant the indian filmmakers make a full fledged action film
like the expendables or spy thrillers like bourne etc..
we always seem to resort to buffoonery.

i cant even remember the last movie which had good action or thrill.

jkartik added 13 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

caught up with the trailer of "Anjaana Anjaani". BAKHWASS!!!
100% flop....guranteed.

King Cricket

International Coach
SaiSrini said:
They wont sue because they themselves dont own the rights to the story. If they sue, then they will get hauled up for lifting the story from somewhere else. Everyone in India (be it Bollywood, Tamil cinema, Telugu, Bengali, Malayalam, etc) lifts stories from somewhere else, add their own colors and passes it off as their own.

Unlike the Bengali film industry, Bollywood is at least trying to experiment with new and unique ideas (Three Idiots, Udaan, Rajneeti, Girl in Yellow Boots etc) If Mark is shocked by the trailer of that Tamil movie, then he will probably suffer from a heart attack after watching the same of a Bengali film. :p Really, ever since the death of Satyajit Ray, our industry has gone only downhill. At least five films get released here every week and each are equally awful. Don't know why a section of the society is still infatuated with Bengali actors/directors. I guess it's a psychological aspect of the Bengalis, as well as Indians- try reading up "escapism" on wikipedia.

Last edited:

Bounce

County Cricketer
And people like SaiSrini and Chetan consider it to be one of the best South Indian "action" movie!
Oh Pranav, move on. Chill! :)

Coming back at the Golmaal series, I loved Golmaal 1 and liked Golmaal 2 as well. All the best by Shetty was good too. I have high expectations from Golmaal 3. The trailer isn't that good, but the movie has to be good. :D

I feel I have quite a different taste of movies from most of the members here. :laugh

Flame_Blader1

Club Cricketer
Anyone watch Dabangg yet? Any good? honestly from the trailers I can see Salman doing the role of a corrupt police man really well. It's one of those roles that's just made for him if you know what I mean,lol..

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
And people like SaiSrini and Chetan consider it to be one of the best South Indian "action" movie!

I never said its the best South Indian action movie, did I? There are other Rajnikanth films that are better actioners (and some of our best action films, Rajni was not even part of, so imagine where Sivaji stands).

Also the movie (Sivaji) is one of India's biggest hit films. The Tamil version without any subtitles created frenzy in the North. In terms of the profit ratio, its bigger than Aamir Khan'as "Ghajini". And this inspite of the Tamil version not catering to the majority of the Indian audience (the majority audience watch Bollywood)

SaiSrini added 1 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

Anyone watch Dabangg yet? Any good? honestly from the trailers I can see Salman doing the role of a corrupt police man really well. It's one of those roles that's just made for him if you know what I mean,lol..

If you love anything that Salman does, you probably will enjoy it. If you dont like Salman or just dont mind him, most likely you will hate it. Its for the die hard Sallu fans.

Bounce

County Cricketer
If you love anything that Salman does, you probably will enjoy it. If you dont like Salman or just dont mind him, most likely you will hate it. Its for the die hard Sallu fans.
Not really. I have ALWAYS hated Salman, but I liked the movie. :)

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
kareena looks horrible in most films. :facepalm

just watched the trailer of "Action Replay" and it failed to impress me.

WHY ON EARTH cant the indian filmmakers make a full fledged action film
like the expendables or spy thrillers like bourne etc..
we always seem to resort to buffoonery.

Maybe our audiences are not yet ready for it. People like you and me (I like such full fledged action films or spy thrillers too) are in a big minority.

Pranav

ICC Board Member
I never said its the best South Indian action movie, did I? There are other Rajnikanth films that are better actioners (and some of our best action films, Rajni was not even part of, so imagine where Sivaji stands).

Do some know that people here in the US react the same way in the theatres when a Rajnikanth movie is screened here? Here in the US, confetti is thrown in theatres, people whistle and dance in front of the screen here too for a Rajnikanth film. My last two films of Rajni (Chandramukhi and Sivaji), couldnt hear most of the dialogues due to the howling and whistling. And this is done by all those IT guys who have come to the US and who are well educated. So dont just blame the rickshaw-wallahs.

Pranav, you found Sivaji the boss pathetic? surprised. one of the best Rajni movie ever.

You and Chetan gave me an impression that it was one of the best action movies, if not the best. You said, people start whistling, howling and dancing in front of the screen! This usually does not happen here in Delhi. So I assumed that it was more than just a good movie.

Just out of interest, do they (speaking of the audience) howl, whistle and dance when every other average movie is screened there? Are you a part of it as well?

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
You and Chetan gave me an impression that it was one of the best action movies, if not the best. You said, people start whistling, howling and dancing in front of the screen! This usually does not happen here in Delhi. So I assumed that it was more than just a good movie.

Just out of interest, do they (speaking of the audience) howl, whistle and dance when every other average movie is screened there? Are you a part of it as well?

When something is good, the whistling and dancing happens from the fans of a big actor (e.g. Rajnikanth). Not all actors films are whistled or danced at. Its reserved for the star actors who have die hard fans. If the movie is good, it just goes up. FYI, I dont whistle or dance because I dont want to show my liking for a film like that in public.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
saw the tamil movie "Naan Kadavul". its an OK movie.
the screenplay was really boring at times. and the actual story only picks up
an hour later. the climax felt a bit rushed too.

i desperately wanted to see this movie as people were RAVING about it.
but it disappointed big time.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
saw the tamil movie "Naan Kadavul". its an OK movie.
the screenplay was really boring at times. and the actual story only picks up
an hour later. the climax felt a bit rushed too.

i desperately wanted to see this movie as people were RAVING about it.
but it disappointed big time.

I guess you posted in the wrong thread. This is about Bollywood films.

Users who are viewing this thread