Cricket Academy: Historical Domestic Teams

Robin

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm working on a bit of a project at the moment. Instead of creating current Rosters or my own take on All Time Greats. I'm in the process of creating Historical Domestic Teams. Starting with English Domestic 1980's. When the first few are up I'd appreciate any feedback to make the rosters as useful as possible. :)

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I'm working on a bit of a project at the moment. Instead of creating current Rosters or my own take on All Time Greats. I'm in the process of creating Historical Domestic Teams. Starting with English Domestic 1980's. When the first few are up I'd appreciate any feedback to make the rosters as useful as possible. :)

Hey mate, seen your PM and will get back to you, but just like to say publicly this is awesome and i will definitely give you any help i can! Having some of the old domestic teams would be awesome, and imagine playing a career mode in the 80s with the retro filter on!

As a quick heads up, it's worth checking some of the all time teams, and other historic teams (someone has done WSC teams for example, and i've done the South Africa rebel tour teams) as you might find some of the players you need already made (probably a small percentage, but every little helps!) and looking at how disparate creators have skilled/attributed some of those players might help you too.

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
I was wondering if it was possible to mod DBC to read rosters sequentially for career mode.

So with a bit (possibly a lot) of Wisden research you could set up a 20 year career which actually has real life career progressions for all the npcs, and where you're playing to win selection in an international side that evolves year on year.

eta actually thinking about it, it might not even be that much more work as most teams only lose / gain a few players per year

Last edited:

Robin

School Cricketer
Hey mate, seen your PM and will get back to you, but just like to say publicly this is awesome and i will definitely give you any help i can! Having some of the old domestic teams would be awesome, and imagine playing a career mode in the 80s with the retro filter on!

As a quick heads up, it's worth checking some of the all time teams, and other historic teams (someone has done WSC teams for example, and i've done the South Africa rebel tour teams) as you might find some of the players you need already made (probably a small percentage, but every little helps!) and looking at how disparate creators have skilled/attributed some of those players might help you too.

Many thanks, I've started on Leicestershire 1980's. There are a couple of players already created from other rosters (David Gower and Phil De Fraitas). I would like input from everyone if they would prefer 1980s teams or choose a perticular year. I've based the work done so far on Leicestershire 1985 roster. When I have the roster complete I plan to base skill levels to emulate current levels for Counties and then try and rank them based on 1980's performance levels of the counties. Input on how many players per roster would be good too. I will try and get Leicestershire complete then move on other counties. Possibly Somerset, Middlesex and Kent as they were possibly the best performing of the era.

Robin

School Cricketer
An update for where i'm up to. Leicestershire Roster is complete. All player ages are as in 1985. Appearances have been tweaked although im not going to try and completely mimic players. The stats for ability will be based on players already created by others (D.Gower for batting and P. De Fraitas for bowling). I will base batting ability on their actual average vs D.Gower average and same with bowling. Hopefully this will give a fair representation. Fringe players who played very little first class cricket will have their skill rating lowered. Stats have been acquired from Cricket Archive. I hope to have Leicestershire 80's complete and ready for sharing on DB14 database by the end of the week.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
DO LANCASHIRE AND I WILL GIVE YOU MONEY (#vcash)

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
I've been thinking about trying to do some player faces.

So far I've got Malcolm Marshall.

marshall.png

----------

and George Headley

gheadley.png

Headley_photo.jpg

Robin

School Cricketer
I've been thinking about trying to do some player faces.

So far I've got Malcolm Marshall.

marshall.png

----------

and George Headley

gheadley.png

Headley_photo.jpg

They look amazing. If I get the rosters sorted would you be able to build the player likenesses. I think bringing them both together would make it look amazing :)

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
Afraid I don't really know what I'm doing so it's unlikely I'd be able to do very many of them. I'm more likely to try and get a few done really nicely than pump out loads.

I'll prob try some more 70s / 80s players so you're welcome to use them once find out how to upload them. Can you upload likeness only to the DBC hivemind?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
i did a george headley too - hardest thing i found with him is you can find pictures where you would swear to god it was not the same person.

compare these:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• gh1.jpg
    gh1.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 177
  • gh2.jpg
    gh2.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 174
  • gh3.jpg
    gh3.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 175
  • gh4.jpg
    gh4.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 175
  • gh5.jpg
    gh5.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 175

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
Yeah I'm going with young, black small faced George Headley.

Mainly I'm just hitting randomise until somebody I vaguely recognise drops out.

Robin

School Cricketer
Leicestershire 80's is now uploaded to the share server. I've made 2 batting line-ups which has 2 different sets of openers, slightly different bowling line-ups and different wicket keepers. Fringe players are amongst reserves in both line-ups. I haven't included actual career figures in statistics but if people would like these I can add them. Next stop Somerset! Then Lancashire!!

Users who are viewing this thread