How are people getting out post patch? (human batting)

Scotsman1975

School Cricketer
just interested to know if people are getting a good variety of wicket types (lbws, bowled etc) post patch?

I play veteran, hard batting, mostly tests and almost all my wickets come from edges. Not surprising as I still edge a lot, but what are your experiences and do you think the game is balanced enough with regards to the type and variety of dismissals?

TerryAlderman

Club Captain
I only play T20 and 50 over matches and if I was to hazzard a guess at the wicket percentages they would be :-

50% Keeper catches.
20% Bowled.
10% LBW.
10% Slip catches.
10% Outside circle/boundary catches.

I play on amateur level with medium slider settings. Would be interesting if the wicket ratios change on different skill levels and slider settings.

grkrama

National Board President
T20and tests legend hardest batting,classic controls, this is just how i get mostly but bound to vary in different matches.

Edges - 30-40% i generally get a good variety of edges to keeper and slips.

LBW and bowled - 30% with more in favor of lbw.

Slog catch and c&b- 30% and increases as i rage slog:D

Run outs - mainly in limited overs10%

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
bowled one innings on veteran, medium on a good batting pitch. AI racked up 551/9. 4 catches where AI got in trouble off short ball (3 top-edged hooks, 1 top-edged cut), 2 lbw (1 despite a massive inside edge), 2 bowled (1 off body, 1 proper), 1 caught behind proper edge.

Quite a lot of edges in the innings - 2 put down, lots into space, few into body and straight down. Was interesting that the edges that happened were clustered on individual batsmen, giving the feeling of different batsmen being in different form.

case in point - Marsh and Taylor racked up a huge opening stand, 200+, not broken till 2 balls before tea. both made centuries - Marsh's was pretty much chanceless, whereas Taylor was streaky as anything, loads of play and misses and edges (he passed his 50 with 10 off 3 balls all edged)

as much fun as bowling 179 overs and still not getting all 10 wickets could possibly be

Scotsman1975

School Cricketer
Sorry I see my previous title was misleading. I am only referring to when the AI is bowling. How are you getting out when batting post patch? I find too many wickets from edges

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Mostly against spin, either nicking to slip or a bat-pad to silly mid-on when trying to work to the on-side.

Against pace I've been out edging behind playing backfoot off-drive a few times. Also one time I padded up to a ball outside off that seamed in a mile and got me LBW.

charles04

Club Cricketer
Batting on hard with modifers set to 70 against pro setting

Edges dominating the dismissal count

Think game name should be changed to edges cricket:lol

Scotsman1975

School Cricketer
Yea I feel your pain, check out my other thread. Game seems OTT on edges but trying to learn how to time better and get footwork right to avoid it! Is it possible on classic controls? I don’t know yet

charles04

Club Cricketer
i think im on classic control. my footwork and shot selection most of the time shows as good/ideal but timing is majority of the time early( this has been the case since the last patch prior to the current one). I think im playing late but still it shows me as early. a fraction of a second more then it becomes late timing so I don't know whats happening there.

grkrama

National Board President
One thing you guys can try is turn off the colour marker around the ball and bat, this allows you to time better as well as watch the swing better and help in foot Placement in higher difficulties. The colour marker sometimes distracts from seeing the exact ball swing.

This is not necessary but playing a bit like this will give a better sense of what's happening and were it's going wrong.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
LBWs and Bowled are totaly timing dependant and the window is huge , how can you get LBW /Bowled with such high percentage , I hardly get one LBW or BOWLED in 2 innings (Batting for both sides)

grkrama

National Board President
LBWs and Bowled are totaly timing dependant and the window is huge , how can you get LBW /Bowled with such high percentage , I hardly get one LBW or BOWLED in 2 innings (Batting for both sides)

In hardest if you increase pace max 65 you get plenty of late timings to miss it against fast bowlers for lbw and bowleds quite a few times in a inns.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
In hardest if you increase pace max 65 you get plenty of late timings to miss it against fast bowlers for lbw and bowleds quite a few times in a inns.
I am playing the game at 1.5x speed using cheat engine and on hard difficulty and the pace sliders are 74 for max , believe me I get rocket like speed but never seems to late or early on it for bowled or lbw to occur , bear in my mind my min speed is 29 in order to have a little timing window as well.

I think bowled LBW should also happen due to poor footwork and shot selection as well.

Last edited:

grkrama

National Board President
bear in my mind my min speed is 29 in order to have a little timing window as well.

little timing window also makes it easy to get ideal or good timing, which i guess makes it bad for getting lbw and stuff, i get plenty of lbw and bowled with poor foot work though its on hardest legend.Give hardest a go and see.

Im also not sure of cheat engine making it look faster, as it will reduce timing window while playing game as well making it easy to find zones.

Users who are viewing this thread