How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

Watson33

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Apologies for the double post, but i've just had rather a good game agains't Yorkshire in the CC Div'1.

Yorkshire won the toss and elected to bat

Yorkshire 1st innings: 340 all out

A.Rashid- 92
J.Bairstow- 81

R.Jones- 3/115 (22.2)
S.Adjmal- 4/63 (31)

Worcestershire 1st innings: 253/9 (Richardson did not bat w/injury)

A.Kervezee- 66

T.Bresnan- 4/66 (30.1)

Yorkshire- 285/7 dec.

A.Lyth- 75
J.Bairstow- 69

S.Adjmal- 4/62 (27)

Worcestershire 1st innings: 303/3

M.Ali- 104

T.Bresnan- 1/57 (22)
R.Sidebottom- 1/74 (24)

Match Drawn

Difficult start to the new season, with Alan Richardson getting injured after bowling only 5 overs, meaning I was down to 3 seamers and a spinner for the majority of the game. Bairstow has made me really interested in signing him if he become available, as he would be a good keeper to replace Cox (albeit Cox did play quite well in this game tbh). A valiant and defiant hundred from Moeen Ali made sure I hung onto the draw and took 7 points from the opening game, leaving me in 5th place in the Count Championship. It has now been confirmed that Alan Richardson is out for 6 days, so in steps Chris Russell. Also Saeed Adjmal is on international duty, so in steps Jack Shantry for the game against Warwickshire, and i'll post the result on here later.

Last edited:

jacobfelix

International Coach
Finished my 2046 season :D as Surrey. Retained the Challenge Trophy & regained the T20 which I had lost 2 seasons back. However, finished 4th in Pro-League. :noway

County Championship : Again finished second. 7 draws :rolleyes made matters worse. Leaving that aside, that one & only loss of my team came against winners Hampshire which itself was the deciding factor.

Challenge Trophy -

Watson33

Club Cricketer
A couple of boring draws in the County Championship have left me in 7th, just above the relegation places. Mid-way through my County Championship game with Nottinghamshire, and I still have a lead going into my 2nd innings, largely thanks to Damien Wright and Richard Jone's 3-fors. One positive from the game is that Ben Cox finally contributed at number 7 with a superb 75.

Jared

School Cricketer
Enjoying 05 still - just two seasons with Yorkshire was enough to get the England captaincy after I won both the County and Nation Championships in my second year, thanks largely to purchasing the bargain bin contract of Sulieman Benn as my second international.

It was a bit of a poisoned chalice, though, because that meant I got to play the 06-07 Ashes and history eerily repeated itself - lost the tests 5-0 but then went on to win the Tri-series. Now playing the World Cup and have won all my games comfortably so far..

The thing I like about these games is the freedom to be the radical selector we all want to be. Michael Vaughan came back to Yorkshire from England duty in absolutely horrible form so I dropped him back to the second team to split opening duties between Phil Jaques, Matthew Wood and David Wainwright who were all in dynamite form. And I'm already losing track of how many times I've dropped Pietersen from the national side. In the real world I'd definitely be out of a job but luckily in these games they only care about results..

Played a bit of 2011 but it has the irritating (to me) aspect of the newer games - the pitch always seems to be ten times more dangerous when my side's batting.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I downloaded 2005 on my laptop because it doesn't have a CD/DVD drive, and 2005 is still free on Facebook.

I finished my first season in charge of New Zealand (on easy), and I'm already up to 1st in the ODI rankings, and 5th in the Test rankings. I was 4th but could only draw the last series of the season to the WI.

I've broken two partnership records and our highest score ever already, after making 817 for 8 declared against Zim. We should have still gone on to win the match as well, but Streak made a 50 down the order for them.

Our bowling's our main concern, because the likes of Bond, Vettori, and Martin are all underrated in the game. Our batting's pretty gun atm though.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In 2013 playing as Australia.

Im doing terrible, 5th in Tests, 6th in ODIs.

My top 6 are shocking except Watson. Have regens at 1 and 3. My keeper is a regen. Ponting and Clarke are useless. Hussey retires after like one year.. So nothing to work with! Bowling wise, Johnson is useless. Dougy Bollinger is my man in tests along with Siddle. Australia get no good spinners so pretty useless anywhere overseas and past day 2 in Tests its a struggle to get a wicket.

Im playing ICC 2011 on the iPhone by the way, cant beleive you can play the full game in the palm of your hands these days. Good work Childish Things :thumbs

Jared

School Cricketer
In ICC 2005 I FINALLY won a Test match! Winning the toss was a big help. Flintoff was robbed for Man of the Match, though. 111 in the first innings, then 3/41 in the second and another wicket in the last innings. Good to see coaching finally take effect (He'd been through a form slump..)

jacobfelix

International Coach
ICC 2006 : 2047 season - Playing as Surrey

Half of my 2047 season is over. Qualified for the Finals of the Challenge Trophy ( against Worcs ). Also qualified for the quarter final of the T20.

But the major concern is the County Championship. :rolleyes Though at halfway stage, my team is positioned 3rd.....that wide gap between my team & Somerset is alarming. And the way Somerset are dominating they might go on to win the CC title. :noway

County Championship :

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
How many years have you been playing that save for now jacob? :p

Pretty sure about half of the posts in this thread are you updating that save :p

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Pretty sure about half of the posts in this thread are you updating that save :p
I think this every time I come back to this thread... :p

jacobfelix

International Coach

:lol:lol

I started playing this Surrey save from April 2007 :eek: it will be 5 years now :p Cant believe....:rolleyes When I started posting here....this thread was about 5-6 pages....now its 131 :lol...

Its a Proud moment for me :p for being a major part of this thread's expansion....

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
The awkward thing is that I have about 60 more posts in this thread :p

hedger - 187
Sureshot - 164
jacob - 117
Chewie - 108
CG123 - 97

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Do you ever play any other saves jacob, or do you only play that one?

I'll update my NZ save sometime soon, it's going pretty well atm.

Users who are viewing this thread