How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

Dutch..

School Cricketer
Same for me, Louw was 20,5 k I think... after all he performed better than Phillips but that's thanks to some 3fors. I think he had one 4for in a first class match.
I decided to start a little story about this game...

boozemonster

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
i've recently started playing the geme again, i had the first ever one and then 2002, i like the addition of the world cup in normal play, the older versions had it in historical series.

my surrey team is going along nicely, i bat all the way down to 10 (Afridi) but i am upset with the quality of stuart clark, ricky clarke is taking alot more wickets than he is. Ramps either scores a ton or nothing and if batty wasnt the only wicket keeper i had he wouldnt play (i have Ali Brown, but i found in previous incarnations of the game part-time keepers dont keep very well)

i also am running a Zimbabwe team, dear god! why cant they get more that 30 before they do something stupid? batting on very defensive charging down the wicket? and a bowler who could take wickets would be nice, maybe 2 or three an innings? any ideas? im in my 3rd season and i've thought i had a promising alrounder and a couple of batsmen but then we played against sri lanka and they went to peices

Sureshot

Executive member
Talking of charging down the wicket...

Has anyone seen a batsman score any runs from charging down the wicket? If on one of the replays a batsman charges down the wicket I know he's gone stumped straight away.

boozemonster

School Cricketer
another glitch in the game unfortunately, would like to see it amended in following versions, but its always been the same, i don't think it will change as the viewing aspect of the game hasn't changed apart from more 6's in later versions.

has anyone scored a century in twenty20? i just got one with Scott Newman against middlesex 105*(51)?

joem87

Club Cricketer
Yeh, in a game I skipped, my allrounder made 102* off 55 balls with 22 4's and no 6's. We made 155, no one else got double figures haha.

boozemonster

School Cricketer
sucess for zimbabwe!!!

i have at last comleted my first series win all be it against bangladesh, a victory all the same for 3 seasons ive persisted with 3 young players regardless of their performance and form and finally they have come good,
R. Kasawaya bat 49
C. Muliliwana bat 31
E. Rainsford bwl 37 (poor i know but its all ive got)

1-0 1-0 1-0 1-0!!!!

now unfortunatly a tour of south africa and im going to get my beats i believe.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I've won all 4 championships with Derbys :)
Unfortunately, Andy Flower retired. :( Scored 1400+ runs in the season, and plenty in OD games as a finisher, with like only 5 fifties but a strike rate of 130+. Also took 5 wickets in T20 at an economy of less than 6!!! :)
I let Majural Islam go for personal reasons, and signed Adbur Razzak instead. Also signed Sean Ervine, and a youth fast bowler although I doubt I need him. Got a youth batsman too. One of my youths which I got two seasons ago is now England Contracted, which is great :) Afridi retained as skipper after a brilliant season.

Sureshot

Executive member
I've won back to back Div2 games with Middlesex, first beating Glamorgan then Somerset (where the cider apples grow). My 18 year old leggie played in both and took 8 wickets, Broad came back after a bit of a lay off and took 8 wickets vs Glamorgan! Shah keeps hitting hundreds, 4 already and we have played 5 games. My youth all rounder (Norman) took 5-21 in the 2nd innings to help beat Somerset despite them scoring 451 when I put them in to bat. Not so good in the Natwest Trophy, about 4th iirc. Though Betts and Hall are bowling well in that.

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Ive started really well with Derbys on normal iCC 2006

2 wins out of 2 games in the County Championship

1 win out of 2 games in the Challenge Trophy

Highlights

First Class
Batting
T.Birt - 366 runs at 61.00
M.Di Venuto - 302 runs at 50.33
C.Taylor - 301 runs at 100.33

Note: Travis Birt and Christopher Taylor have combined for 3 big partnerships in excess of over 150.

Bowling
A.Botha - 15 wickets at 19.20
T.Lungley - 12 wickets at 23.92
K.Dean - 9 wickets at 31.22

Note: Good sign that my best bowler isn't the one who is doing all the damage the other boys are stepping up.

Mr. Kurns

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
as australia nearly in 2011 im 6th in both forms, very inconsistent.... haven't been able to find players who can do the job every match pretty much my bowling line up is never the same in each series, my batsmen are short of form a lot which makes it very hard to win, in the 2007 WC i was runner-up to Sri Lanka

Mr. Kurns

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
not really, tried about 5 but they haven't performed, 5th test vs England they made 6/608dec i made 514, my bowlers can't do a thing right....... tried Bollinger he was the best of them......... 2//100 odd, battings great mostly 4 and a half stars but bowlings rubbish.

offdriven4

Club Cricketer
that seems to be an inbuilt problem with the australians,might be a bit late for htis but if you keep henriques as your twelf(sp?) man until he's 24 and just keep him on technique training,he becomes a very good bowler,hilfenhaus is useful too,and harwood has his moments

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
henriques are u serious? i have never heard that name associated with this game he always has bad averages with me

Users who are viewing this thread