Cobb
Patel
Clare
Snell
Rashid
Woakes
Finn
Onions

Unchanged for all of 2009, win the World T20, won the Ashes 5-0 and won the other series too. Booyah!

Playing a game of ICC 2007 with Surrey. Currently in the 2021 season. Have won the county championship 6 times, runner up 5 times and have never finished lower than 5th. Finished 1st in D2 of the Pro league in first season and have then won D1 7 times. I have won the Challenge Trophy 9 times and the 20/20 cup 3 times.

Got quite a few good players that have come through my youth system. for example got this Keeper called Barry Harrington who at age 33 has a first class average of 48.5, over 13500 runs and has 33 first class tons. But he's never been called up to England.

Bangladeshwin.jpg

EDIT: I was Bangladesh.

Currently in a game with Warwickshire. In 2010, I gained promotion (after finishing 2nd) in the Pro League, finished third in the County Championship (finishing on 230 points, compared to Somerset on 230 and Worcestershire at the top with 235), reached the quarter finals of the 50 over competition and won the Twenty20 competition.

Made some good signings for the 2011 season. This is the team that played first game in CC (Bell, Ambrose and Woakes are England contracted but I will have sufficient back up). Just take a look at this for a batting line up:

1. Ian Westwood
2. Kyle Coetzer
3. Ian Bell
4. Jonathan Trott
5. Owais Shah
6. Martin van Jaarsveld
7. Tim Ambrose
8. Chris Woakes
9. William Marsh (young player, forced to pay him 71k for this season after not giving him three year deal, cracking RMF bowler though)
10. Monnhish Parmar (can't spell his name:D, young Indian spinner)
11. Boyd Rankin (absolute beast of a bowler)

In reserve, I have Wavell Hinds, Jim Troughton, Rikki Clarke, Peter Trego, Andy Ball (young very aggressive 'keeper batsman, will replace Ambrose when he plays for England and will eventually replace him in the side), Murtaza Hussain, Simon Cook (want to play this guy in one day cricket, looks great for that form of game) and Naqaash Tahir.

Trego will come in for one of the batters in one day cricket. Likely to be Bell (when with England) or van Jaarsveld (even though I like his occasional off spin bowling for one day cricket) or even Shah. Not a massive fan of Rikki Clarke, probably would have got rid of him if he hadn't been on a three year deal at the start but he got a lot of runs towards the end of 2010 and picked up four wickets in the final one day game, so he could be useful back up. Might have to use him as a batter only in four day cricket - his bowling is utter dogshit in that.

I would have liked to sign a younger spinner to back up Parmar. Ant Botha retired so I needed a replacement and Hussain was the only one available. Still, 78 wickets in first class cricket last season isn't to be sniffed at so he'll get his chance at some point. Naqaash Tahir is a good cricketer also (surprisingly good with the bat I find) but is injured at the moment, could do with him back when Woakes (and possibly Marsh) play for England as Cook isn't very good for CC and Trego is a fourth bowler at best.

Should be a cracking season.:yes

Started a game as New Zealand in ICC2010, I got knocked out in the first round of the World T20 :facepalm Sri Lanka scored 200 in their game against me, and Zimbabwe chased down 150-odd due to 77 from Taibu. Zimbabwe went onto the semi-final where they lost against eventual winners Australia.

First test against South Africa was a rather interesting one though.

Not sure how we lost that.

So far the only matches I've won are four ODIs - one against Sri Lanka, Scotland, South Africa and Kenya. And I just lost again to Zimbabwe in the World Cup. They bowled me out for 143 >< Oram took four wickets in four balls against Scotland though which was impressive. And Franklin just took a hattrick with the last three balls of the game against the West Indies. In tests we got completely owned though.

We've mud in all the ICC games... Lost by an innings twice to Sri Lanka, lost by large amounts in all the tests against South Africa. Lost all ODIs and T20s against SA, and only won 1 against SL. T20 got knocked out first round, won 4 matches in the World Cup, then knocked out at quarter finals. Zimbabwe are amazing though, they topped my world cup group, and got through to the T20 semi finals.

I might start a county game next :) Have you managed to get the game yet?

Just downloading it as we speak, will activate two day trail first as public holiday tomorrow.
I'll wait for sureshot to reply to my PM, before I decide whether to wait for box or just pay for a license.
I'll probably start a New Zealand save first, then Lancashire, then and Aussie DOM team.

Just finished you T20 WC with NZ.
The bloody English won it again.
Tied with SL, and wasted ZIM in the group stage.
Then lost by five runs to SA, and PAK bet me with two balls to spare.
I ended up being the only team to beat ENG, as I bet them by 3 runs in a dead rubber.
McCullum averaged 90!
Taylor averaged 70!
Oram averaged 40!
Then Bond averaged 15 with the ball, while Butler, Mills, and Vettori all averaged under 21.
It was the likes of Guptill and Ryder who failed in every match, which cost us.

Sounds like you did way better than I did :laugh

Not doing too badly with NZ now, on tour in the West Indies. Jeet Raval scored a century on debut :yes My main problem is finding a strike bowler though. No one takes wickets apart from Vettori :(

Bond took nine in five matches.
Butler took eight in five matches.
Southee got owned so I dropped him.
Vettori was great.
Oram and Styris got owned.
Mills done alright.

That's always the problem with NZ in ICC games and in RL, once Bond retires our bowling just turns to crap.
Southee has never been rated good due to his bad stats in RL, so even if he is a prospect in RL, he turns out to be a dud in ICC games.

Yea because it is based a lot on averages, NZ always get hard done. NZ domestic cricket has the evenest spread of batting and bowling if you get my drift - there are no outstanding bowlers, but no crap ones, and the same with batting. So if someone is just a little bit better than every one else they're good, but ICC doesn't recognise that. That's why Sri Lanka always has all these good spinners because they all have really low averages, but if they played tests they wouldn't be very good.

They really need someone to tell them who are potential future prospects for each team so that they can adjust their ratings accordingly.

Chewie added 1 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

It is also extremely annoying how Shanan Stewart is rated as 'Very defensive' because I desperately want to play him T20s and ODIs.

Just played the first SA test.
Ended in a draw, but we were ahead of the game so would of won in an extra day.
Ross Taylor scored 171* in our first innings, then 61* in our second innings.
We were chasing like 250 in two sessions, but I just gave up and went for the draw.

My attack was:

Southee
Tuffey
Arnel
Franklin (AR)
Vettori (Bwl AR)
Ryder (Bat AR)

I'm pissed off b/c Vettori got injured so now he'll be out for one month.

Lol, that was crack up.
Just piled on 600 for 4 declared in four sessions against one of those universities as Lancashire.
Chanderpaul was 300* when I declared.
Managed to take 16 wickets, as they ended their second innings 100 for 6 at the end of day three.

Users who are viewing this thread