How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

Started International Career with Bangla. Got knocked out of T20 WC in first round. Pakistan scored 180 odd runs and we fell short of just 30 runs then we faced Australia..we restricted them to 133 but lost that too by 16 wickets. In the end India won the WC. Now we are heading to England..drew our 3 day friendly against MCC. Now will be playing the first test against England.

I just scored 300 with NSW against SL, and dismissed them for under 200. :)
Then nine of my players got selected for Australia. :(
Lucky I still got Warner, Lee, Bracken and Hauritz.

Yea that's the problem with playing as NSW :laugh

I'd have to say great work with the match engine.
WA scored 249, and I was 12 for 3 but still managed to chase it down.
Kajawa or whatever his name is scored a run a ball 115 to be not out at the end.

IMO one of the problems of the previous versions had been not being able to accelerate your innings and chase down totals when it got up to six and seven an over for 15 overs. This seems to however of being fixed, whether it was intentional or not.
You can now score way more runs in the powerplay than you used to be able to, and if you put a batsmen on very aggressive they now don't get out in the first over 90% of the time like they used to.

Yea because it is based a lot on averages, NZ always get hard done. NZ domestic cricket has the evenest spread of batting and bowling if you get my drift - there are no outstanding bowlers, but no crap ones, and the same with batting. So if someone is just a little bit better than every one else they're good, but ICC doesn't recognise that. That's why Sri Lanka always has all these good spinners because they all have really low averages, but if they played tests they wouldn't be very good.

They really need someone to tell them who are potential future prospects for each team so that they can adjust their ratings accordingly.

Chewie added 1 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

It is also extremely annoying how Shanan Stewart is rated as 'Very defensive' because I desperately want to play him T20s and ODIs.

They don't seem to get a lot of things about players right. Manoj Tiwary was labelled as Defensive for the last 3 games...thankfully, he's Aggressive in this one.

Not to mention, Manish Pandey is an absolute hack when I play him for India so far(pretty good at T20s, but that's it), despite being India's best domestic batsman last year...he's also meant to be Aggressive, but yeah, they haven't listed him as aggressive.

The AI seems improved. India's bowling has also been weakened, I think. Got knocked out in the Super 8 in the World T20s. Beat the West Indies easily, who then beat Australia...which means I only had to beat Zimbabwe, but Taylor hit a 48 ball 90, and knocked me out. I was playing some second eleven players...but, yeah. Seems like it's a bad idea to play second elevens in ICC and in real life. :p

Australian Domestic save, as Victoria I got to the T20 final. Chasing 187, Cameron White hits a 31 ball 25 :facepalm I eventually score 167.

Good going! Too bad Bangladesh can't bat that well at the moment :laugh

They should take advice from me
ph34r.gif

Actually, Bangladesh just seem much improved on this game. Tamim and Shakib are gun, and Mahmadullah, Shuvo and Zubair are pretty good

No I got one before and posted about it :P It's in my first post about the game :yes

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Actually, Bangladesh just seem much improved on this game. Tamim and Shakib are gun, and Mahmadullah, Shuvo and Zubair are pretty good

Tamim is just awesome!!! So is Shakib. Zubair is a seamer?

I agree that Bangladesh is better - it's easier to win using them than NZ :laugh

In the first test against England, I bowled them out for about 200, got a 50 run lead on first innings, before they scored 500 odd and we lost by 350 runs or so :facepalm

Second test we won though :D

In the ODIs, I won the first one before losing the next two as well. Compare that to NZ where I didn't win a game until the World Cup.

Users who are viewing this thread