How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

It's pretty fun playing a whole team of youths and watch them develop and go from losing every game to a world beating team.

Just realised I've now made 21 saves on ICC09, with my furtherest one only getting to 2015. :laugh
By now I've tried pretty much everything with the English counties, including a pretty much full team of youths.

I need some serious help in ODI's, I don't know how to bat!

When I try to bat sensibly and keep wickets in hand, I end up scoring at a turtle run rate, making a low score which my bowlers can't defend.

When I try to bat agressively, with a good run rate, my stupid batsmen all get out. Which results is a low AO score.

Help meeee! :(

I start all my guys on four, then I push them up to five when the are around half settled, and six when they are fulled settled.
I only ever use seven and eight in the batting powerplay, and the final 10 overs.

That's really all there is to it, of course for larger chases or against worse teams I'll start my openers on five, and sometimes I start aggressive batsmen on five.

If you lose early wickets then drop one dude back to three for five - ten overs, and then push them up from there accordingly.

That should get you totals of around 250 consistently, if you are looking for totals around 300 you will need to take some more risks from the start.

Also you should only have one or two defensive batsmen in your line-up, try and make sure most people are aggressive.

Thanks for that advice CG123 :)

I have another problem.

My bowlers don't take any wickets in test matches! They just give lots and lots of runs, no wickets :(

And also CG123, how do you bat in T20's? More Aggression?

I suck at T20's, lose most of them even if I'm the much better team.
I start my openers on seven, if one of them gets out early I'll start the next guy on six, but pretty much most of the time my guys are on seven.
Made sure you have no defensive batsmen, and most of them are aggressive.

For FC bowling I'll normally start on six, and then when a few boundaries are hit I'll drop to four, and then if a batsmen gets to like 20 I'll move it down to three.
I don't normally go below three, unless someone going great and scoring fast.

It is more about instinct and what you feel is right.
Sometimes situations are different, so they demand custom fields etc as well.

Kitchen and Raval especially are gun. Sam Wells is all-right as well. But McCullum fails for me, as to most of the bowlers. Franklin and Vettori are the only decent ones, with Mills and Gillespie chipping in every now and then.

Is Kane Williamson Hughes 09 like?

Nope, he's really only on the fringe of my team at the moment :/ Jeet Raval, Ross Taylor, Jesse Ryder and a batting all-rounder normally fill 3-6. He sometimes plays at 6, but other times I play Rob Nicol, Andrew de Boorder, Sam Wells, James Franklin...

Just started playing with Pakistan.

Had a heartbreaking loss to Australia in T20 Semi-final (Aus won on wickets remaining)

Lost to Australia in both tests in summer.

4 Test series vs England, drawn 2 lost 2. Lost all 5 odi's and both T20's.

I really need to get better at this!

Mmmm, like many I am really struggling with Twenty20's: whatever I do Pietersen has a strike rate of about 40 and gets out for 12 or something....what to do????

I've started my first ever ICC (09) with Yorkshire. Didn't see any players I liked and already had an overseas players so skipped them. Is there anyway to do transfers mid season?

Lost my first two Challenge Trophy matches. A nice 150 from Michael Vaughan and 80 from Andrew Gale would have got me a win in my first CC match against Durham if not for rain. Lost my second one mainly because I lost Wainwright on 35 not out in first innings, then he couldn't bat or bowl for the rest of the game.. :doh

Bresnan and Rashid have been doing well with the ball, Hoggard ok but Kruis or ul Hasan just get smacked.

First Class Team:

Michael Vaughan (c)
Joe Sayers
Jacques Rudolph
Andrew Gale
Anthony McGrath
Gerard Brophy (w)
David Wainwright
Adil Rashid
Tim Bresnan
Deon Kruis
Matthew Hoggard

Edit - Durham have an awful tail... Graham Onions came into bat at Number 7 lol

Last edited:
Just absolutely ripped through the Windies in the second innings with England. They needed 360 to win from day 5, but bowled them out for 99!!

Harmison took 7-21 :banana2

Lost my second one mainly because I lost Wainwright on 35 not out in first innings, then he couldn't bat or bowl for the rest of the game.. :doh

Yeah...thats the sad part of this game...Once a batsmen gets retired hurt...you know he's out of that game and for some weeks as well... :(

the gamers could have also implemented the option of the player coming back some hours later or on the next day, like in real cricket ( i.e implementing a minor injury along with the major injuries )

Surprisingly, injuries dont happen during ODI's :D

There seem to be fewer injuries this time around. My first player injury came about in like 2015.

I've had numerous injuries, you're just lucky :p

I just came second in the County Championship by one point :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread