How are you doing in ICC? (any version)

So I'm supposing that your mum brought the game back for you :p

Yeah, as I said somewhere else I actually ordered it online, but just got it sent to where she was staying, because then I don't need to fork out postage.

But now I got 70 pages on Physics due on Monday to get on with, before I can play it again. :facepalm
Lucky I got all the answers on a CD, school workbooks, you gotta love em. :D

I had one of my best all time wins. I decided I wanted a challenge so I started a new season with Norths and after lucking out with a draw in my first CC match and losing all my challenge cup matches I have a home match v Lanc. It is a slightly spin friendly deck so I play two seamers plus Kluesner and go with two front line spinners along with part time Ufzaal. I win the toss bat first and lose an early wicket and then Kluesner retires hurt on 1 so I was 2 for 16 and my best paceman is gone.

I fail to lose a wicket for the remainder of the day but bat VERY slow, reaching only around 220 by the end of the day and day 2 I up the scoring Ufzaal makes a mighty 224 and am bowled out with a small time remaining Day 2 for 501. with hardly a pace bowler I bowl out Lancs for 315 and enforce the follow on and they were a pain to dismiss second time around getting them late on day 4 they had a 30 run lead with 20 minutes to play and got the total in the last over 3 wickets down.

FFS, my Lancashire game is a disaster.
I got no AR's, as both Smith and Flintoff are injured, while McCullum is T20 only.
Anderson is on INT duty and Powell is injured, so my bowling attack is as weak as hell.
We don't have any decent DOM batsmen, seriously they are all mud, so everything comes down to how my INT batsmen either Chanderpaul or Prince goes.
In OD games we get *****, as we can only score like 180 from our 40 overs, and then I have to bowl eight of my overs with batsmen as we don't have any AR's, and my other four bowlers except Chapple just bowl pie after pie.
FC games go slightly better, but are still not going to well.

haha. I decided to do an international save with Australia. Somehow won the T20 world cup skipping all the games and using the default squad. And now I have the series against England. This is my chosen squad for that series. Hauritz is a bowling all-rounder these days. Average of 26.42 in 15 tests, average of 25.38 in 55 ODIs (33 times batted) with a SR of near 100 and an average of around 20 in both FC and OD with over 1000 runs in each. Anyway, heres my squad

Ricky Ponting
Michael Hussey
Michael Clarke
Callum Ferguson
Shaun Marsh
Adam Voges
Brad Haddin
Shane Watson
Cameron White
Nathan Hauritz
Mitchell Johnson
Ryan Harris
Ben Hilfenhaus
Doug Bollinger
Peter Siddle

Some good OD players left out: Paine, D Hussey (out for 3 weeks anyway), Hopes, Lee, Bracken

Dominated England in the first ODI. I was sent into bat. I made 356/7, White 87 off 71, Hussey 80 off 67, Marsh 78 off 64 and Watson made 42 off 42. Even Ferguson chipped in with 33 off 24 and Johnson made 23* off 13 deliveries at the end. It was Hussey and White's 144 run partnership that was vital along with the 100 run opening stand. Like they always do in ICC, the batsman just went for it and only Cook really went well with 81 off 76 balls while Swann hit a late cameo of 37 off 21 balls but Johnson finished with 6/71, Hauritz took 2/78 and Hilfenhaus and Harris took a wicket each. And I've just realised I've forgotten all about Bollinger. Haven't played him in the warmup or the ODI.

I just completed my first season in charge of Lancashire.
We came bottom three in everything, and got relegated to FC division two. :facepalm
Had $40,000 in Physio, yet for the whole season had at least two or three key players out with injury. (Mainly Flintoff, and one of my other first team players)
Anderson was the biggest fail, he got smashed up when playing for me, but still got selected for England.
Chapple was pretty much our only consistent player, all of our batsmen including Chanderpaul would be all over the place.

I tweaked myself up at the transfer window, I couldn't afford to buy any overseas players, except the cheapest one who was Vincent.
I'm just going to skip this whole season, and hopefully play the next transfer window a bit better so I can actually win some games.
Managed to pick up Wainwright, and a couple of youth players with second team averages of over 50.
In my default team for the first match of the season, Vincent didn't even make it in, so I guess i got some decent players there.
My main keepers already out for the first month as well.

Took a few screenshots of great moments, like Chapple scoring a match winning 100 in a 40 over match when we were chasing like 250, and our last ball win on the last day of this FC match where we hit a four to win.

I'm pretty sure extra physio only allows extra physio sessions so that means more people of your choice have less chance of getting injured (i.e. whoever you assign physio sessions to) rather than just the whole team.

hedger_14 added 6 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

back to playing ICC now after a little bit of a go at CC but didn't know who I wanted to be. Anyway, second ODI, I lost by 9 runs. Ian Bell made 135* as England made 294. Bollinger was pick of the bowlers with 3/35. I replied with 285/9 from our 50 overs and I probably would have won, if Marsh had not ran himself out on 100. Hussey was the only other player to make a half century. Third ODI, bowled really well. They finished 176/7 from their 50 overs. The bowling figures were

Bollinger - 0/30 (10)
Johnson - 3/39 (10)
Harris - 2/33 (10)
Hauritz - 2/25 (10)
Watson - 0/14 (2)
White - 0/33 (8)

I easily chased it down with 8 overs to spare and 8 wickets in hand, Ponting finishing on 94* with Hussey contributing with 47*. Now for the fourth ODI.

wow. I don't know how I scored 211/1 in a T20 against Pakistan. I can never play spinners. Pakistan played 3 spinners (Kaneria, Afridi and Malik) with Aamer and Asif as their pace bowlers. 27 runs came off the first over, 23 off Hughes' bat. I flew away for the first 4 over's before the spinners came on. Hughes made 55 off 28 balls before getting out. I actually played the spinners pretty well. Clarke finished with 49* off 30 while Marsh hit a stunning 103* off 66 balls. Their bowling figures were: (All bowled 4 overs)

Aamer - 0/55
Asif - 0/45
Afridi - 1/30
Kaneria - 0/39
Malik - 0/42

So Afridi was their best bowler.

how good are Bangladesh ;) Over 1000 runs, 3 double centuries (2 over 250) and another century.

1000.jpg

No :spy

Got dominated in the first test against England and am going pretty badly in the second test. Hom on debut (He's got a really good rating, he's played 7 career first class matches and has a rating higher than Iqbal's) made 99 before he got out while Shuvo supported him down at #8 with 50 as I went from 6-71 to now 8-210 with Rasel on 11*.

hedger_14 added 3 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

lol. My bottom 4 batsman made a total of 118 runs, Shuvo (50), Rasel (25*), Rahman (26) and Shahzada (17) while my top 7 batsman only made a total of 138 runs, which included Hom's 99 so really it was:

Bowlers - 118 runs
Hom (on debut) - 99 runs
Batsman (excluding Hom) - 39 runs
Extras - 14

Total - 270

How many games have you started already Hedger?
I got it before you, and am still on my first game. :p

well i still had my New South Wales and Tasmania save from the trial.

I have a:

Australia save
Australia save - for my roster
Bangladesh save
Durham save
NSW save
Tasmania save

I might play my Tassie save now.

Still haven't won a thing in my Sussex save, at the start of the 2015 season now. Why did the ECB have to change the one day competitions? The 40 over league was practically a banker for me last year but I just can't get to grips with these end of season knock-outs. My last three years in the CC have been 7th, 7th and now 6th, and each of the last two years, I've finished 5th in my T20 group. I have no bowlers with an FC average under 30, but 7 batsman (all in the team) with an FC average over 40. Something tells me I need a good regen seamer this season to add to my 2 star allrounders.

Users who are viewing this thread