How are you doing in your career?

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
If you're playing at club level, then your player is crap. Stop trying to hit shots through the air at all would be my advice. I was three or four years in before I even started trying as there just wasn't much point before that.

Some good news here though, as I just won the 2020 County Championship with Worcestershire in my first full season (I made my debut at the end of the previous one). Somerset lost their final match to Surrey so we overtook them with a comprehensive win over Derbyshire. After a difficult first half of the season, I had a really good second half, making high scores of 166* and then 203 in recent games. It's just a shame we lost the T20 final to Middlesex, but I had a pretty good run in those games too. I'm now off to New Zealand for the Super Smash as a warm up to the Big Bash down under which I should hopefully get offered a contract for. I turned down the Bangladesh Super League though as there's only so much T20 I have the patience to play, and also it's around the same time as the New Zealand tournament and I want to keep it fairly realistic.

Ruckus

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I see what you're saying, my point though, is the fact that I was able to score runs almost freely regardless of field settings and then suddenly I feel like a tail ender rather than a top order batsman. I decided to care less about run rate, and play myself in for higher confidence, but it doesn't make a difference.[DOUBLEPOST=1487421528][/DOUBLEPOST]:ast career I was chosen for state team and immediately was selected, this career, i've played 6 club games since being 'drafted'. Do you think it's just a matter of continually proving myself worthy or a bug I've heard others have had where they spent an entire season as 'expecting selection' and not being chosen?

Ruckus

School Cricketer
also while i'm asking questions... (probably belongs in a dif thread but..) when i log in i choose 'stay logged in' to the forums yet every time i close the window and open it up again i have to log in again.. yeah ill post this elsewhere too :)

Ruckus

School Cricketer
Putting it out there as a possibility.. seems a LOT of pitches have been favouring the bowlers recently. If that's the reason, I love it... maybe I don't agree with how much effect it has with 'semi decent pitches' but yeah, it's possible the slow grassy pitches have added to the fact I can't clear the infield, but to a degree I don't agree with.

Fantazm

County Cricketer
My bloody career data has somehow got corrupted AGAIN. It was fine earlier, I closed the game down normally and now it's buggered.

thewhiterose

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Started a new career as an opener, 3rd first class game made my first 50, 100, 150 and 200! Eventually out for 211 (284), 24 fours and 5 sixes. Edged through the slips when I was on 3 as well, fairly happy with how much I made with the chance...

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Having a blast in career mode at the moment. Went through a very bad patch with the bat (a string of low single figures and a couple of ducks) so decided to play myself in and managed to get my first century. Finally holed out to mid-on with 119 off 119 balls...after a very slow start, I put my foot down once I got past 50. Couple of matches later I took a couple of very satisfying wickets bowling wide of the crease and sending the ball in fairly flat...both took out leg stump, the first with a googly and the second with a legbreak. Really enjoying this game...many thanks @BigAntStudios.

thewhiterose

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Started a new career as an opener, 3rd first class game made my first 50, 100, 150 and 200! Eventually out for 211 (284), 24 fours and 5 sixes. Edged through the slips when I was on 3 as well, fairly happy with how much I made with the chance...

Second innings just got to 100, 11 fours and 5 sixes! Fair to say it's been a decent match.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
So there is. Well, that's a pain in the arse. I only downloaded munkeymomo's county teams and the Llewelynf/fissionmailed/SnowyCasanova national teams that would have him - I can now see that munkeymomo's was incorrectly linked, using a player that doesn't allow any editing (so probably rajsvm by the look of it). Bastard. I'm not restarting my career so I'll just have to live with it, but it's a perfect case in point about all that kind of thing that was being talked about ages back. Will delete the incorrect one from my game for accuracy's sake but I know that won't fix it in my career so I'm going to be stuck with it every time I play Kent (for whatever reason he ended up there).

In slightly happier news, I scored my first DBC 17 double-hundred today, also taking part in a 300-run partnership along the way. Good stuff.
Ahh, that's why I have two Broad's also

thisISjoel

School Cricketer
I've been searching, but I can't find how to change my players number in career mode? For some reason my number got changed and I'd like to change it back.

Fantazm

County Cricketer
I've been searching, but I can't find how to change my players number in career mode? For some reason my number got changed and I'd like to change it back.

That happened to me in one of my broken careers too. I couldn't find a way to change it back.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Dynamic lineups system needs changing plus career mode is focused way to much on t20 cricket

You do know you don't have to play in every competition. In fact you can even turn down everything except first class if you want to. People who want to play T20s all around the world can, but if you don't want to, don't. You do actually have the choice this time.

I don't think you can. I get given #2 in everything for some reason, I've just learned to live with it. Would be nice to be able to choose from available numbers for any team we join though.

Users who are viewing this thread