How are you doing in your career?

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just tried to smash the spinner down the ground, only for him to change direction and dive like Superman to grab it in a rather unorthodox fashion...

What_A_Catch.jpg

Owzat?

Edit - What the hell? So I just helped the Wellington Firebirds to finish top of the Super Smash league, and was their captain to boot, and then I didn't even get selected during the finals, or even notified when the finals were taking place - I was just told that it was over. So much for that then. :(

Last edited:

Englishman

School Cricketer
You do know you don't have to play in every competition. In fact you can even turn down everything except first class if you want to. People who want to play T20s all around the world can, but if you don't want to, don't. You do actually have the choice this time.
Yes but only getting selected for t20 and not first class and I've just been selected for England

I don't think you can. I get given #2 in everything for some reason, I've just learned to live with it. Would be nice to be able to choose from available numbers for any team we join though.

Fantazm

County Cricketer
anyone else think they made a mistake in making your career player SO bad at the start?

Razpor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Playing as a Fast Bowling allrounder ,batting wise great ,but bowling has been tough going barely 35 wickets overall.Fast bowling isn't very rewarding in this game i feel.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 46200

anyone else think they made a mistake in making your career player SO bad at the start?
Do we have the choice...? No fun being a pro but I have to admit I like watching myself grow and, winning something with the Warriors.

Yes, winning something with the Warriors I can have my own fantasy.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Just tried to smash the spinner down the ground, only for him to change direction and dive like Superman to grab it in a rather unorthodox fashion...

What_A_Catch.jpg

Owzat?

Edit - What the hell? So I just helped the Wellington Firebirds to finish top of the Super Smash league, and was their captain to boot, and then I didn't even get selected during the finals, or even notified when the finals were taking place - I was just told that it was over. So much for that then. :(
Yeah, I was playing in the Bangladesh T20 league, get selected to play for the CD Stags yet once I got offered that role I didn't play any more Bangladesh stuff nor did I even get a game for the Stags. It's f***ed. I'm sure those matches should show up on the calendar but they never do. This game is finally testing my patience.

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Just got to the final of the English T20 Slam and we apparently flew all the way down to Aus to play it at the SCG! :lol:lol:lol

thisISjoel

School Cricketer
Somehow got picked to play for Australia in T20s against Sri Lanka (form has been very mixed, average is creeping up though, around 15 or so, with a couple of T20 50s in the English comp), made a 55* and hit a 6 to win the game/bring up the 50, took a couple of wickets too. Hopefully get picked for some ODIs/Tests soon! I think I have found a balance now with my skill points and sliders to where I can have fun batting, it's probably a bit too easy, and I will likely end up adjusting up the difficulty, but for now it's nice to be able to make some runs with some consistency :)

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

Not particularly. Yes, it can be frustrating having to toil away until you get your stats up, but once you're there its so satisfying. I like being able to rise from star village cricketer to international superstar.

thisISjoel

School Cricketer

I don't mind starting out that bad, but I think improvement should happen much more quickly at the start. It was pretty frustrating being so bad for so long. The stamina thing still kills me though.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
They way I think of it is to play it on a relatively easy difficulty until you get your overall up to around 50-55 then go up a difficulty. Makes it more realistic too because you aren't going to selected in a FC team with a batting average of 20. Better off averaging 40 on an easier difficulty while you improve your player and then once you hit a certain rating/or make a FC team, then put it up. That's what I'm going to do with my new career mode. Play on Pro with Easy batting difficulty until I reach 50-55 or FC and then up the batting difficulty to medium/hard. Because by then your player should be able to cope with the higher rated bowlers.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
They way I think of it is to play it on a relatively easy difficulty until you get your overall up to around 50-55 then go up a difficulty. Makes it more realistic too because you aren't going to selected in a FC team with a batting average of 20. Better off averaging 40 on an easier difficulty while you improve your player and then once you hit a certain rating/or make a FC team, then put it up. That's what I'm going to do with my new career mode. Play on Pro with Easy batting difficulty until I reach 50-55 or FC and then up the batting difficulty to medium/hard. Because by then your player should be able to cope with the higher rated bowlers.

Exactly. It's easy to know when to up the difficulty, and that's when it is your effort as a player tips the balance towards unrealistic scores etc. If you're scoring 50 odd runs or more every game without thinking about it, then you know things have become too easy.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Just played Yorkshire in the third match of the One Day Cup. Next up? Erm. Yorkshire in the third match of the One Day Cup. There's no record of it ever happening except that it's counted in my player stats. Boy, I'm confused...

Edit - So having hammered them first time round, we lost the 'rematch' quite comfortably. Wonderful.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 46200

Just got to the final of the English T20 Slam and we apparently flew all the way down to Aus to play it at the SCG! :lol:lol:lol
Every away day is a bonus must have been something wrong with custom stadium. My guess.

Sydney though... Rough! With (exception to the harbor)

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Every away day is a bonus must have been something wrong with custom stadium. My guess.

Sydney though... Rough! With (exception to the harbor)

Only SCG isn't a custom stadium though. Question is if the final has to be in a default stadium why wasn't it set as the "Sussex Oval".

Also it turns out the Aussies weren't too interested in seeing Surrey play Yorkshire in the middle of June as the stadium was about 1/4 full. :lol

Users who are viewing this thread