How are you going in International Cricket 2010?

harrisb

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I got this game yesterday after watching the Ashes over christmas and went to buy it purely as it was a cricket game. I'd heard it wasn't good, but surely better than nothing.

I've played it for most of the weekend, and it's quite good. I don't see what the fuss was about, i haven't played a Test-Match yet, but the 20-Overs Super-League is quite good fun. Playing on Normal i got bowled out by Chennai (i can't remember what they are on IC10) for 98. I think i was 53/1 before Murali and Oram/Thushara came on, from then on I played poorly and collapsed. However, they're 21/2 after 4 overs, there is still hope if i can get Dhoni and Badrinath soon.

Watson33

Club Cricketer
I got this game yesterday after watching the Ashes over christmas and went to buy it purely as it was a cricket game. I'd heard it wasn't good, but surely better than nothing.

I've played it for most of the weekend, and it's quite good. I don't see what the fuss was about, i haven't played a Test-Match yet, but the 20-Overs Super-League is quite good fun. Playing on Normal i got bowled out by Chennai (i can't remember what they are on IC10) for 98. I think i was 53/1 before Murali and Oram/Thushara came on, from then on I played poorly and collapsed. However, they're 21/2 after 4 overs, there is still hope if i can get Dhoni and Badrinath soon.

It is a good game mate, just after a while you will find yourself being able to roll even the best batting line-ups out for under 200 everytime.

Snake199

School Cricketer
Current update on my Scotland vs England match in Cardiff

(If you look a few posts up you will get the full story of the match)

Scotland are currently 153/5 after 102.5 overs.

Current batsmen are:
S. Smythe 14 (26) (32 minutes) 2 fours 0 sixes
P. White 36 (312) (372 minutes) 3 fours 0 sixes

Only 1 wicket since last update and that was Callum White who went for 51 from 171 balls, he occupied the crease for a good 4 hours and it was a sad end to good partnership. A few balls before he was out he belted a 6 which was the first of the innings. But not the first of the match, England hit about 6 in total in their innings!

Paul White is blocking everything like normal, and has been out there now for 6 and a half hours but he has yet to reach his 50. Meanwhile Smythe who scored a 4 on his first ball has joined Paul in his shell and both are going at a extremely slow run rate. Time is currently 5:45 PM on Day 3 so I'm just trying to get these two to the end of the day!

Snake199

School Cricketer
Update on Scotland vs England match. 1st of 5 at Swalec Stadium.

I played a bit more earlier and can only post what happened by memory. I think I left on 12:30 Day 4. Scotland were around 190/5 from 130 overs.

Paul White was on 42 from 415 balls(Included 3 or 4 boundaries)
Smythe was on around 38 from 110 balls (included 4 or 5 boundaries)

Paul White had now been batting for 8 hours, and still no fifty to his name! I still honestly think I can get a draw out of this. Don't wanna get my hopes up though, still about 155 overs left to block out with 5 wickets left. But this is definitely possible with Paul at the crease, hes batted with incredible patience, and when he finnally reaches his 50. (Which will probabaly be like Lunch tomorrow:facepalm) He would have deserved it! It's very easy with Paul batting and I don't think he will ever be out, he is just too good when he is defending. But Smythe has been dropped behind twice now, sooner or later he will go and I will be left with the tail. So I just need Smythe to stay out for as long as possible really. But I know it's coming.:noway

Anyway, wish me luck!

Snake199

School Cricketer
My match finally finished at the Swalec Stadium. FULL Match report with scorecards from Scotland's innings.

England batted first and scored 501 all out from 121.2 overs. M. Prior hit an unbelievable 177, backed up by Stuart Broad with 62 and Collingwood with 58. Paul White was pick of the bowlers with 41-4-84-4.

Scotland came out to bat and only batted until tea, scoring 97 from 40 overs. Paul White scored 27, and Greg Hampton hit 21.

Scotland then came out to bat again, this time they went even slower than last time. F. Webbs was out on the first ball of the innings. This turned into 18-3. With Greg Hampton going for 9 off 9 balls, and Robert Kirkwood scoring 7 from 35 balls. Put then came along Paul White who blocked and blocked and blocked. He was along side Davey Black, who hit 17 from 81 balls before being bowled by Sidebottom. But along came Colin White who frustrated the England bowlers, he used that to get some runs. And he went on to bag a 50 before being out for 51 from 171 balls. Including a big six and 7 fours. Mean while Paul was still blocking in his 20s. Then came along Smythe, who started well. He smashed a 4 on his very first ball and hit 2 more in the coming overs. But he too slowed down as well and both were blocking along side each other. The partneship went on and on and on. Until Paul white eventually went for 54. He had spend 9 hours at the crease and faced 437 balls. A sad end to a great innings.

M. Huq was the next in and he hung around for 24 balls but sadly went, bowled by Swann. Smythe went on to make 82 before being run out by Trott.:facepalm And the tail didn't hang around long and I was bowled out for 262 after 151.2 overs.

Good effort but England deserved winners:cheers

About to start the next test, 1-0 down!

Snake199

School Cricketer
I did a 20 over game as a little break from my second test between England and Scotland

Scotland bowled first and England got 198-6. I got 191-9 in reply. So close and very tense but I cocked up in the last over.:rolleyes

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well now that I have edited all team attributes, names and kits..then yes!

Situational AI is worst aspect of game but can live with everything else

carter2241

Club Cricketer
My First Test Match

This is England v Australia on Hard

HUDS as follow
- Batting - Off
- Bowling - Minimal

I won the toss and elect to bowl. This is the First Innings outcome for my First Test Match.

Screens are below:

Attachments

• P1000304.JPG
    P1000304.JPG
    614.7 KB · Views: 56
  • P1000305.JPG
    P1000305.JPG
    789.2 KB · Views: 43
  • P1000306.JPG
    P1000306.JPG
    854 KB · Views: 37
  • P1000307.JPG
    P1000307.JPG
    805.7 KB · Views: 34

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Well now that I have edited all team attributes, names and kits..then yes!

Situational AI is worst aspect of game but can live with everything else

How did you edit the kits? Do you just mean the bats and pads?!

----------

Doesn't anyone like this anymore?

I do!! I find now i have to put myself to the sword as it were to get a game though. I was about to start Bangladesh vs Sri lanka in Dhaka. Me being Bangladesh of course!!! Will post a pic of the result once i get it.

Blake84

School Cricketer
This is England v Australia on Hard

HUDS as follow
- Batting - Off
- Bowling - Minimal

I won the toss and elect to bowl. This is the First Innings outcome for my First Test Match.

Screens are below:

How have you got them scoring at such a low rate.

Users who are viewing this thread