How are you going in International Cricket 2010?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How did you edit the kits? Do you just mean the bats and pads?!

----------

Sorry, yes just gloves bats and pads. Does look better not seeing Codies and Trickstar names everywhere

carter2241

Club Cricketer
How have you got them scoring at such a low rate.

I Dont know, i just bowled in green areas, with different placements and different shots like outswingers, slows, straights, etc. hardly did any cuts, loved the Reversers near the end. I also changed the fields. Ponting was a nightmare. Was so happy to get him out. His wicket was an edge of the bottom of bat then the ball hitting the stumps

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Just something of interest for anyone trying to get the PS3 trophies. You can get trophies in save games created with another roster if you have your "own" roster as the one the game loads with.
In other words I did the following to get the real names and the trophies.

1. Created save games of the tournaments to win the trophies for.
2. Backed up my profile and roster
3. Deleted both
4. Started the game and loaded my save games
(5. Reload profile and roster once you've got the trophies you want)

I realise a very attractive alternative to this is not to care about the trophies.

Snake199

School Cricketer
Anyone who plays on Normal on this game must be crazy!

New Zealand(me) vs England test series, 4 matches. I did the first 2 matches way back In August when I rented the game.

1st Match:

New Zealand 610-3 (109.3 overs) declared
Brendon Mcullum hit 297 from just 256 balls and New Zealand posted an unbelievable score of 610-3. Easily done! Mcullum hit a whopping tally of 16 sixes in that innings.

England 47 all out (15.4 overs)
Wickets fell every other over as England were bowled all out for less than 50 runs and only lasting half a session. Daniel Vettori got 8 wickets for 21 runs.

England 59 all out (21.3 overs)
England struggled again but batted slightly longer this time but still got no where near New Zealands 610. Vettori getting just the 6 this time!

Next Test, same old story really.

England 166 all out (54.5 overs)
England did a better job this time round but still a low score. Andrew Struass skittled his way to a 50 and Collingwood got 37. Backed up by an annoying innings by Anderson who got 20, had them at 116-9 at one point but just couldn't get that last wicket some how.:facepalm

New Zealand 702-8 (167.0 overs) declared
New Zealand well up for it again. Mcullum hit 190, and Vettori hit 106 not out. Others hit 50s.

England 89 all out (34.2 overs)
Collingwood batted through the innings getting 30 not out. Vettori got another 5fer again.

Doing the 3rd test RIGHT NOW. As we speak.:yes

UPDATE
England 208 all Poor bowling out (69.3 overs)
performance from me. England were 57-5 at one point. Bloody Collingwood, got an annoying 90, batting with the tail. Swann and Broad were annoying to.

New Zealand 540-2 (102.3 overs)
Mcullum got 201 and others bagged runs as well. Easy innings for New Zealand. Lead of 332.

England 34 all out (17.0 overs)
I bowled very well. All I can say!

Last edited:

EMorgan_FTW

School Cricketer
Hey i just got this game and loving it just started a game on hard

England(me) vs Australia(ai) Hud off for batting and bowling action cam on

England 0/73
Cook 40* (77)
Strauss 30* (62)
:)

formula1man

International Cricketer
I think the cutter is a stupid delivery in this game, you either get tonked or get them out cheaply , would like to see them review the delivery.

Can you still get them out easily bowling cutters in to the right handers with a left arm round or right arm over wide of the crease?

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Cutters work fine for me - same as any other delivery as regards getting them out or getting tonked. On hard level no obvious sweet spots for taking wickets (I have edited all squads though to suit my preference)

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Cutters work fine for me - same as any other delivery as regards getting them out or getting tonked. On hard level no obvious sweet spots for taking wickets (I have edited all squads though to suit my preference)

Me too, but i have just played the first innings for both teams as bangladesh vs sri lanka in colombo on hard. Top 6 sri lanka batsman timing, placment, and judgement were 100%. I was really happy with the first 30 overs bowling. Only took 1 wicket. They were scoring at under 3 an over. Wanapura ended up finishing on 90 off 151 as their highest. But after all the effort and what was looking to be a good innings from the AI, they collapsed after lunch and i got them out for around 180 in i believe 60ish overs after they were 147/3. They either get set or they dont. But im sure if i set timing 100% for all 11 players, ide still have them out for 200. In my innings i got 267. Not great but i set the better bangladesh batsmen to only 80% timing, judgment and placement. Iqbal, al-hasan and mahmudullah. The rest had 60%. I tried, i really did, but its just impossible to get a decent test match. :noway

Last edited:

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Do you bowl with HUD off - if not try it - that's how I play and unless my concentration remains at 100% I bowl into dark green and orange areas and they get set quicker!

It can be frustrating but with no bowling hud I don't need timing and judgement (only 2 settings that really matter) at 100%

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Do you bowl with HUD off - if not try it - that's how I play and unless my concentration remains at 100% I bowl into dark green and orange areas and they get set quicker!

It can be frustrating but with no bowling hud I don't need timing and judgement (only 2 settings that really matter) at 100%

I have tried it, but the amount of no balls makes a game even more unrealistic!! Theres somthing about making it easy for the AI that doesnt sit right with me. Its abit like dropping catches on perpose just to conceed a few more runs. If the game had more to offer then ide perhaps have the motivation to keep at it. But to be honest after ive finished my current game im not all that sure ill be playing it again, cos its just the same old all the time. Now if codemasters had the decensy to fix online, then that would be a different matter.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
I have tried it, but the amount of no balls makes a game even more unrealistic!!

That's true at first, but you eventually learn when to press the button (i.e. just prior to bowler releasing the ball) and it does make it slightly more interesting

But you are right about offline sometimes being very samey :(

carter2241

Club Cricketer

I Might give that a try, i myself just use Minimal HUD when bowling, and hud off when batting. Will tell you how it goes

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Good luck - Batting with no hud is fine except for one thing - you have to decide before ball is bowled whether to play defensively, attacking or 6 hit. Other than that it can be a fun challenge

Real solution is to simply show the bowling cursor a few seconds before delivery so you have a little time to decide what stroke to play

melucas

School Cricketer
I am currently playing a test Australia (me) v New Zealand (AI) in New Zealand I won the toss and elected to bowl.
NZ at lunch were none for 87 (2.9 RPO)
NZ at tea are 4 for 163 (2.7 RPO)
I am amazed I have been able to restrict them to this run rate and am quite enjoying this so far. Usually after 60 overs the runrate is pushing 3.5 upwards so either I am getting better at bowling or NZ play more conservatively than other teams. I have this time concentrated a lot more and only bowled 6 extras compared to 20 normally bowled for that amount of overs.
I actually enjoy playing this game and once edited can be a lot of fun.

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
I am currently playing a test Australia (me) v New Zealand (AI) in New Zealand I won the toss and elected to bowl.
NZ at lunch were none for 87 (2.9 RPO)
NZ at tea are 4 for 163 (2.7 RPO)
I am amazed I have been able to restrict them to this run rate and am quite enjoying this so far. Usually after 60 overs the runrate is pushing 3.5 upwards so either I am getting better at bowling or NZ play more conservatively than other teams. I have this time concentrated a lot more and only bowled 6 extras compared to 20 normally bowled for that amount of overs.
I actually enjoy playing this game and once edited can be a lot of fun.

I too have had enjoyable sessions bowling, but it doesnt last! I have bowled a whole session before without taking a wicket, then took 7 wickets in the afternoon session. :facepalm I have just played a game as Bangladesh vs Sri lanka, and the first session was great, sri lanka had a r/r of 2.6 and i only took 1 wicket (lbw). But then the colapse came and they were out for 180 in 50 overs.

Users who are viewing this thread