How can I access DB17 offline with my Xbox one?

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have been without internet for 6 weeks. For those of you living in Australia and try upgrading to NBN, good luck with that when things don't go right and both your ISP and NBNco . Anyway I won't get internet for another 4 weeks - that's the earliest a tech will come out. I managed to take my xbone to a mates place so I could sign in then go offline (for when I'm back home) but yet it keeps asking me to login to Xbox live. Is this correct? Can I not play it offline with the disc in the drive?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I managed to take my xbone to a mates place so I could sign in then go offline (for when I'm back home) but yet it keeps asking me to login to Xbox live. Is this correct? Can I not play it offline with the disc in the drive?
I believe the missing bit here is to have set that Xbox as your home Xbox for your account - that way it will store your login while the console is offline. For that, follow the 'Designate an Xbox One console as your home Xbox' steps here.

If your xbox isn't set as your home console, it will want to sign in to verify your account is signed in, and to do stuff like sync cloud save games. If you can't sign in, you should just be able to use a local account, though you wouldn't have access to your account's save files.

It's a system level thing, the game itself on console does not require an online connection.

thisISjoel

School Cricketer
I believe the missing bit here is to have set that Xbox as your home Xbox for your account - that way it will store your login while the console is offline. For that, follow the 'Designate an Xbox One console as your home Xbox' steps here.

If your xbox isn't set as your home console, it will want to sign in to verify your account is signed in, and to do stuff like sync cloud save games. If you can't sign in, you should just be able to use a local account, though you wouldn't have access to your account's save files.

It's a system level thing, the game itself on console does not require an online connection.

So that's why when PSN was down for maintenance the last time I couldn't play DBC?

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So that's why when PSN was down for maintenance the last time I couldn't play DBC?

It is only the PC version that must be online to play, and even then, just for the boot, after boot you can be offline.

Console does not need to be online to play and you can play during a PSN outage but we can do nothing about how the system handles your designated Home box - we must follow their rules if we did not then Sony would fail us during certification.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
It is only the PC version that must be online to play, and even then, just for the boot, after boot you can be offline.

Console does not need to be online to play and you can play during a PSN outage but we can do nothing about how the system handles your designated Home box - we must follow their rules if we did not then Sony would fail us during certification.

This. I can only speak for PS4 in console terms, but I have played while disconnected from the internet. I just made sure I was logged in to my primary account.

PC-Wise, whenever I got the message that I need to be online, I just pressed A on my controller a few times until I finally got in. Seems to me like a minor UI bug that confuses a few folk.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Ah dammit I just figured out I didn't do that from the start Probably too late now. That's why none of my games would work (it kept asking me to join Xbox live). Never mind I will just wait.

Thanks anyway guys

Users who are viewing this thread